Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Well lets see there's:

Nexus Battleship
Arcane Shuttle Mark XV - The Mystic Breacher
Demon Stars

and 10 other various ships from new fighters to Gas collectors and Asteroid Miners. Hope this helps :D

There should be a review or two around these boards. Assuming they haven't been pruned.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Apollo wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:Well lets see there's:

Nexus Battleship
Demon Stars

and 10 other various ships from new fighters to Gas collectors and Asteroid Miners. Hope this helps :D

There should be a review or two around these boards. Assuming they haven't been pruned.

Carl

And what makes you such an expert on the book?!?! Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:

Well the guy who wrote it and I share the same name. So I figure we think alike :wink:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

The premise of the book was to provide a ton of setting info for GM's to use. So there are dozen's of star systems with HLS's. I would say their is a good size equipment sections, plenty of ships, organic tech and a new antagonist - namely the Necrons. There are also rules for creating space stations, as well as a few stellar anomalies, like meteor showers and nebulas.

Hope this helps.

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Good stuff if you can use it...

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:The premise of the book was to provide a ton of setting info for GM's to use. So there are dozen's of star systems with HLS's. I would say their is a good size equipment sections, plenty of ships, organic tech and a new antagonist - namely the Necrons. There are also rules for creating space stations, as well as a few stellar anomalies, like meteor showers and nebulas.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Well...once my gaming crew actualy get their act together so I can RUN a game it will help :P
I tend to do my own ship designs (using AU:GG with a mess load of arbitray number shifting) and conversions, but as backdrops and / or plot devices, I must say your material is cool :D
Still trying to figure out how to use the Necrons (I still think they're Yuzzong-Vong with magic, but that's me), but I think I have a good story arc using them.

As for the UWWN Arcane-X; used that as the basis for my own ORIGINAL design ;-)...now all I have to do is get the picture for it done :frust:

Looking forward to any new material you may fire off to PBooks, and it is inspiring me to overcome my distatse of the legaleeze for submitting something of my own... one day
:frust: :fl: :angel: :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Carl Gleba

Re: Good stuff if you can use it...

DhAkael wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:The premise of the book was to provide a ton of setting info for GM's to use. So there are dozen's of star systems with HLS's. I would say their is a good size equipment sections, plenty of ships, organic tech and a new antagonist - namely the Necrons. There are also rules for creating space stations, as well as a few stellar anomalies, like meteor showers and nebulas.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Still trying to figure out how to use the Necrons (I still think they're Yuzzong-Vong with magic, but that's me), but I think I have a good story arc using them.

Its called parallel development! Well Ok, maybe the Yuzzong-vong did inspire some ideas and all :D I came up with the original idea from a friends space opera game. There were these villains called necanthropes. I think they are from a game called Slay Industries, I can't remember the exact name of the game, but they had something along the line of organic tech and were pretty cool. I figured something along those lines would be cool for the 3G.

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Good stuff if you can use it...

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote: Its called parallel development! Well Ok, maybe the Yuzzong-vong did inspire some ideas and all :D I came up with the original idea from a friends space opera game. There were these villains called necanthropes. I think they are from a game called Slay Industries, I can't remember the exact name of the game, but they had something along the line of organic tech and were pretty cool. I figured something along those lines would be cool for the 3G.

Carl

Yeah...'SLA Industries' actualy :D
Bunch of gamers I know here in T.O. are enamoured of the game.
Not bad from what I can see of it, but the game system & story-setting have me scratching m'head in confusion :P
But I know the creatures you're talking about. Nasty buggers, they is!

Leaves of the lotus rise

Carl Gleba

SLA Industries, yes thanks its been about 8 years :oops:

Our GM didn't use the Game System either. He had a mish mash of systems with some parts of Palladium's combat system.

I've looked through the book, there's some cool stuff in there. Good for your own home brewed games. He was a master of blending all kinds of stuff from star wars, star trek to B5. His games inspired a lot of stuff for 3G.

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:SLA Industries, yes thanks its been about 8 years :oops:

Our GM didn't use the Game System either. He had a mish mash of systems with some parts of Palladium's combat system.

I've looked through the book, there's some cool stuff in there. Good for your own home brewed games. He was a master of blending all kinds of stuff from star wars, star trek to B5. His games inspired a lot of stuff for 3G.

Carl

Great minds think alike I suppose. 8-)
First Rifts campaign I ever did was a mix of Call of C'Thullhu & WH40K.
Later (when Phase World came out) my Space campiagns used B5, WH40K, Starwars, Phantasy star, FFVII, etc... you get the idea ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Carl Gleba wrote:Well lets see there's:

Nexus Battleship
Demon Stars

Carl

You forgot to mention Space Station construction template, which was very useful to me at least.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”