Lyones, Tygirs and Bares...Oh my!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Lyones, Tygirs and Bares...Oh my!

Unread post by DhAkael »

Riathenor.
-Has anyone used them in their campiagn?
-Are they as viscious and nasty as described in the AU:GG, or (as per 50% of the PBooks villans) Nancy-boy panty-waists? Note In my campiagns they are feared by both player and PC alike...
-Do people actulay use them where they belong, in space (and yes; this includes Rifts Earth space. I do not ascribe to the orbital community being totally blocked)?
-In your story, who commands these bio-wizard life-forms? Some 'Darkforce' or are they so vile that even the great old ones nod in respect?

I'm curious to see if anyone out there has had the cahones to use these facinating and lethal villans.
Munchkins...Beware! :twisted: :nuke: :ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

As sick as this may sound, I think I'm going to put a Raithenor in a BTS game sometime.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Jefffar wrote:As sick as this may sound, I think I'm going to put a Raithenor in a BTS game sometime.

You sir...are a very very VERY evil man!
That's why ! like ya :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i've used them in Rifts Space before...

Riathenors vs Archons vs Humans

3 way war...

The human made friends with the archons after the sdf-1 showed up...

then the game stopped...

I've used Riathenor on Rifts Earth too...in the New West area...

Noone knows how evil they really are, cause they send most of their time fighting supernatural monsters of all kinds...
They even get people to volenteer to be hosts to fight the supernatural monsters...noone knows the hosts are not in control...the Dagott is a great Leader and in inspiring ppl...and at lieing to them, preying on humans need to be "empowered"...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

TechnoGothic wrote:i've used them in Rifts Space before...

3 way war...

then the game stopped...

Noone knows how evil they really are, cause they send most of their time fighting supernatural monsters of all kinds...
They even get people to volenteer to be hosts to fight the supernatural monsters...noone knows the hosts are not in control...the Dagott is a great Leader and in inspiring ppl...and at lieing to them, preying on humans need to be "empowered"...

Dang that's cold!
I approve :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

DhAkael wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:i've used them in Rifts Space before...

3 way war...

then the game stopped...

Dang that's cold!
I approve :D

Thanks...
Whats even colder was when the group's rogue scholar volnteered...
I tried to talk him out of it (in and out of character), the rest of the group tried to talk him out of it too...they didnt trust Magic/Borgs/PAs together...

When the scholar was accepted and taken to the Bonding Room...i took the player aside into another room...we roled played it out, recorded parts of it for the others...Told him he needs to make a new character in private...he just eached 11th level too...
Then we reentered the room, we played the recording...The group thought "cool"... We know have a Riathenor Armored up group member is what they were hoping for. Cause they only knew the AU version ;)
Then the buddy got aggressive and didnt want to hang out with them anymore, and left the group...We ended the sesson there...Next sesson the scholar had a new character ready by then. The group want/demaded to know why he had a new 1st level character...We didnt tell them...Then when one of the others decided he want to join up and get one of those Riathenor armors i let him...i repeated the process as before...The others could not cause they were borgs or dragons, etc...
Then next sesson he had a New character too...
We let them know what happened...They could not believe i did that to them...killed their characters trying to do good...i said "S**T Happens...

It was great, the others in the group still can not believe i did that.
I played on their greed.

Now, they think about things alot better before hand...
Greed is not a problem ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Zerebus wrote:They show up only in the hottest summers.... :lol:

:lol: Do I get any geek points for knowing that that is a reference to the Predators (specifically Concrete Jungle) that the Riathenor slightly resemble (IMO)?

I haven't gotten a chance to use them... yet. :demon:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Zerebus wrote:*throws Warwolf 1 Geek Point for the easy catch*

Now if we can just figure out why that Riathenor is in Antartica...

"...it is very cold in space..."
And since raiathenor thrive in the cold blackness of the void...hehehehehehe!

Leaves of the lotus rise

Leprechaunspawn

Anyone used Riathenors???

Unread post by Leprechaunspawn »

a few ideas for using them:
-have a Shifter summon one up when dimension-meddling, and form a pact with him(either bonding with the Shifter outright, or trading the Shifter his life if he brings the Riathenors more new hosts)
-characters raid a slave caravan leaving a notorious black market bazaar in hopes of rescuing one of the newly-purchased slaves; PCs interrupt the new owners in the act of bonding a slave to a new riathenor...
-some monsters are not just evil, but also careless(there are bound to be some somewhere). Imagine some sadistic demonic creature carelessly tossing some unwanted trash(perhaps a magical riathenor cage?) into the bloody, hellish confines of a Splugorth slave pit-somehow the beast is freed in a perfect breeding ground for a creature needing a host to reproduce...and it has the powerful enticements of freedom and revenge against the captors to win over these broken, traumatized people.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”