Wormwood Slime.

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SkyeFyre
Hero

Wormwood Slime.

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I was looking through the description for the magic slime in Wormwood and noticed the healing slime. That stuff is fricken awesome! Heals lost limbs, all health, everything within 4 hours.

My question is, don't you think that the cathedral and the forces of light would have maybe developed a way to use this as well? Seeing as it's helpful and quite a good thing. Does the slime die out when brought off of Wormwood? Because I've got a player who decided to grab some. I would assume it's like anything else on Wormwood, like the symbiotes and the such. Only thing that makes me wonder is that it's actually made from the energy of the people who died in the life force cauldron.

Maybe material for a Rifter article... hrm... that gives me an idea.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Based on the Descriptions of Living Slime that I've seen, it does indeed seem to be the concentrated Life Force of individuals, which means, to me, both of the folloiwing:

A]] Since it is Individual Life Forces, it would NOT, presumably, lose its power off Wormwood as it is apparently NOT empowered by the Planet;

and

B]] As such, the Forces of Light/The Cathedral wouldn't even CONSIDER touching the stuff..

Clergy Member #1: "Wow. I feel totally refreshed...and my arm has regrown from a withered Stump!!!" :-D

Clergy Member #2
: "Glad you liked it!!" :ok:

Clergy member #1: "So what's it made of??" :?

Clergy Member #2: "Says here on the Label: Eau de Drowned.....BABIES!?!?!?" :ugh:

Clergy member #1: :shock:

Clergy member #1: -- :thwak: --Clergy Member #2:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
SkyeFyre
Hero

Lovely example. :lol:
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
75 GM Geek Points
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

That is the spirit of the setting...crippled heros fighting on while monsters regenerate fully.

For any true follower of the Light, it is better to accept the loss of a limb than to submit to anything made of darkness (ie magic slime). Players with one arm, or what have you, should be thankful that they are still alive, and accept their fate. To wish for anything else is vanity, which is a sin, and leads to corruption.

The more one plays up the hyper-religious aspect of Wormwood, the more fun it becomes...because one comes to realize that these people are frickin' nuts!!
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Like what I was thinking was... don't you think if something like this is possible. That maybe the forces of light might have developed something similar as well? Maybe... super morphing worms that will take the shape of the lost limb and then slowly merge to the body much like a symbiote and then integrate until it becomes one with the host just as a new limb?

Something like that... anything. I realise that they're supposed to be fighting a losing battle, but c'mon. Give them a break ^_^.
75 GM Geek Points
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

If anything, they would be symbiotes... Wormwood bionics. An obviously fake arm, leg, hand, what have you.

Wormwood likes the humans, and would probably make replacment limbs for them with a little prodding.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”