Rifts Ultimate Edition Errata

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Rifts Ultimate Edition Errata

Unread post by ghost2020 »

I know someone started this, but let's keep it, if possible under one location.
That way Wayne or someone can come along and snatch them all up and make a PDF of fixes and they'll have a nice list of fixes for 2nd printing.

Let's keep it focused on just listing errata.

Errata so far:

1) Cyborg OCC format

2) Juicer PP +2d4

(what else did I miss?)
Gabriel_V

Unread post by Gabriel_V »

Gheralt HellWalker wrote:I have not seen the Cyborg glitch yet. What may I ask is that. Havent had a chance to look at my book :-?

It's a major text flow error. The fluff text of the OCC starts, and then you jump into rules information with a bullet point 5. Then you get to the next column, and the rules information section actually starts, rolls to the next page, and then there's a skip between bullet point 4 and 7.

Incidentally, does anyone else's book have this error:

On page 340, second paragraph under the heading "M.D.C. Body Armor"

"As always, a roll o 1-4 misses."

oddly, there is a strange mark next to the "o" which MIGHT be a lowercase "f" but is printed very tiny, in a diagonal alignment, and moved up like an exponent to a number.

Another possible error. Mind Melters cannot select a horsemanship skill but can have a robot horse as a starting vehicle.

And why, exactly, does the book have the index of spells for Book of Magic in it?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

so is there a bullet point 6 in there somewhere?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Gabriel_V

The Deific NMI wrote:so is there a bullet point 6 in there somewhere?

Yes. All the bullet points seem to be there. You just have to jump all around the place to find them.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

agreed, this should be stickied.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Gabriel_V

Is the lack of increased magic damage due to ley lines/nexus point proximity an omission or a new rule?

Just putting it here so we can keep it in a convenient issues thread.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Gabriel_V wrote:Is the lack of increased magic damage due to ley lines/nexus point proximity an omission or a new rule?

Just putting it here so we can keep it in a convenient issues thread.

How sad is it that we actually have to ask that question? :ugh:
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Gabriel_V

Rolling Bear wrote:OMG and on page 147 there is a huge flaw third paragraph second sentence fifth word it says...the can you believe that

If we point out the flaws, they can possibly be corrected in a future printing.
ghost2020
Adventurer

That's a good point. We're starting this thread just to catch errors and not make a big production of it.

Just lending another set of eyes so the next printing can have fewer errors. It is by no means meant to be harrassment of any sort or looking down to the authors.

When one works on a project so closely for sooooo long, it's hard to see some errors, and some errors happen at the printers.

This is in the spirit of cooperation.

Over on the Steve Jackson boards a similar process happens with each new book and printing, same with other boards on other company sites.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Possible error here:

Is the C-12's burst suposed to be 4D6 or the newly listed 6D6? There's reasoning to go either way.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Dead Boy wrote:Possible error here:

Is the C-12's burst suposed to be 4D6 or the newly listed 6D6? There's reasoning to go either way.

Not to mention the apparent change of the CV-212 losing the 6D6 pulse it gained in CWC and reverting back to the 4D6 burst.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Making this a sticky would be nice. Giving us a nice free pdf download of the errata even better. Or at the very least include it in an upcoming Rifter. Those that I know who have bought the book are not going to buy another copy. Nor should they. It's Palladium responsibility to the fans to give us the errata for free.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

The Glitter Boy PA now has 1000 rounds instead of 100?
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Sureshot wrote:Making this a sticky would be nice. Giving us a nice free pdf download of the errata even better. Or at the very least include it in an upcoming Rifter. Those that I know who have bought the book are not going to buy another copy. Nor should they. It's Palladium responsibility to the fans to give us the errata for free.

Well they've done it for free in the past, so maybe someone needs to PM a mod to get it stickied?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Sureshot wrote:It's Palladium responsibility to the fans to give us the errata for free.

You have no reason to believe that they will do otherwise.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Jason Richards wrote:
Sureshot wrote:It's Palladium responsibility to the fans to give us the errata for free.

You have no reason to believe that they will do otherwise.

It may just take an indefinite number of years, like with the Phase World: Three Galaxies and Chaos Earth: Rise of Magic errata.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Jason Richards

Ziggy78eog wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:Granted I understand the importance of pointing out errors but the way certain people do so makes it sound like they are making fun of or questioning the abilities of the writers. I still find errors in my college text books and its fine it happens I don't like seeing it turned into a way to poke fun at my favorite games creators.

Well, that's the price for publishing in the open market. If Palladium wanted to ship this book so fast as to obviously skip any proof reading or editing, then they deserve to be made fun of. I hope people find dozens of errors every day. I don't mean to sound cruel, but KS has a rep of poor editing skills (Rifts Ultimate isn't the first Palladium books with such errors); maybe this will shame him into doing a better job at editing.

Just pointing this out: you don't know what you're talking about.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..How sad is it that some people have to focus on these little things as if they are all there is?

Rolling Bear wrote:OMG and on page 147 there is a huge flaw third paragraph second sentence fifth word it says...the can you believe that

..I take it this is supposed to be some sort of random bit of sarcasm? :-?

-Mike
MADMANMIKE

Jason Richards wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:Granted I understand the importance of pointing out errors but the way certain people do so makes it sound like they are making fun of or questioning the abilities of the writers. I still find errors in my college text books and its fine it happens I don't like seeing it turned into a way to poke fun at my favorite games creators.

Well, that's the price for publishing in the open market. If Palladium wanted to ship this book so fast as to obviously skip any proof reading or editing, then they deserve to be made fun of. I hope people find dozens of errors every day. I don't mean to sound cruel, but KS has a rep of poor editing skills (Rifts Ultimate isn't the first Palladium books with such errors); maybe this will shame him into doing a better job at editing.

..Well, maybe he does.. I mean, he has been around here for what, 2 months now? Granted, Kev's been publishing books for 276 or so more months than that, but hey, he ought to know what he's talking about, right?

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
ghost2020
Adventurer

Ok, we're here to list errata to make it easier for the folks at Palladium to fix the next printing.

So stay on topic (yeah Ziggy).
Jason Richards

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:

..Well, maybe he does.. I mean, he has been around here for what, 2 months now? Granted, Kev's been publishing books for 276 or so more months than that, but hey, he ought to know what he's talking about, right?

-Mike >8]

I'm not anti-newbie or anything, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, the concept that Palladium wanted to ship this book so fast as to obviously skip any proof reading or editing is categorically false, and I know that for a fact.

I think RPG.net has an entire forum for making false statements about Palladium in general, and Kevin specifically, so maybe this post is better-suited for that audience.

MADMANMIKE

..I was sarcastically agreeing with you. I'd also like to note that the original post by Ziggy is gone, and it looks like he is too. I'm fairly certian I've seen variations of that name banned from these boards more than once..

..I addressed the complaints about this book in another thread.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Sureshot
Champion

Jason Richards wrote:You have no reason to believe that they will do otherwise.

I stand corrected most of the errata is included in the cutting room floor section. When the errata for UR does get posted you may want to mention it in a sticky. It was the last place I taught to look.

Jason Richards wrote:I'm not anti-newbie or anything, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, the concept that Palladium wanted to ship this book so fast as to obviously skip any proof reading or editing is categorically false, and I know that for a fact.

I think RPG.net has an entire forum for making false statements about Palladium in general, and Kevin specifically, so maybe this post is better-suited for that audience.

Look it's alright to say that you rushed a book out for Gencon. You are not the only company to do so. Considering the short amount of time UR was announced and how fast Palladium managed to get it imo points to that. This is all speculation on my end but it feels like that to me..

I understand and respect you defending KS I would not have expected otherwise. But to say "no the amount of errors in the product is just coincidence" it just a little to hard to swallow for some people. Mistakes happen just admit it.

UR more than any other Palladium product will be held up to higher standards than other books. For some it's something they have been waiting for. So some will be more negative and more positive in their voicing of opinions. Myself it's an alright product just too many small errors. Though it's something I will get when I have the cash to spare.

Like I have said many times. If you do not want to hear anything negative said about the company do not encourage it. Otherwise it makes a false impression and those with any negative post will be too afraid to do it.
Last edited by Sureshot on Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

The Trap Construction skill is not listed. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but it would have been great to have seen it in in there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CS Mark V APC:
Auto-Cannon damage is listed as 1d6*10 MD rather than 3d6 MD.
MADMANMIKE

Sureshot wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:You have no reason to believe that they will do otherwise.

I stand corrected most of the errata is included in the cutting room floor section. When the errata for UR does get posted you may want to mention it in a sticky. It was the last place I taught to look.

Jason Richards wrote:I'm not anti-newbie or anything, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, the concept that Palladium wanted to ship this book so fast as to obviously skip any proof reading or editing is categorically false, and I know that for a fact.

Look it's alright to say that you rushed a book out for Gencon. You are not the only company to do so. Considering the short amount of time UR was announced and how fast Palladium managed to get it imo points to that. This is all speculation on my end but it feels like that to me..

I understand and respect you defending KS I would not have expected otherwise. But to say "no the amount of errors in the product is just coincidence" it just a little to hard to swallow for some people. Mistakes happen just admit it.

UR more than any other Palladium product will be held up to higher standards than other books. For some it's something they have been waiting for. So some will be more negative and more positive in their voicing of opinions. Myself it's an alright product just too many small errors. Though it's something I will get when I have the cash to spare.

Like I have said many times. If you do not want to hear anything negative said about the company do not encourage it. Otherwise it makes a false impression and those with any negative post will be too afraid to do it.

..you clearly have no concept of the nature of a company like Palladium...

..Do some research.

-Mike
dark brandon
Knight

This thread should be made a sticky, and people who are having problems with it should take it to another post.

Spelling/Content Error
Pg: 270

JA-11 Juicer Assassin's Energy Rifle, for SDC damage it is listed as SD6 S.d.C....possibly should be 5D6
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:The Glitter Boy PA now has 1000 rounds instead of 100?

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Also its more Realistic considering the size of those ammo drums they have...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Ok but why upgrade the already most powerful rail gun in the game with a extra 900 shots? Did the other railguns likewise get a similiar upgrade? (I don't think so but I don't have the book in front of me)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Ok but why upgrade the already most powerful rail gun in the game with a extra 900 shots? Did the other railguns likewise get a similiar upgrade? (I don't think so but I don't have the book in front of me)

i see it as GBs just need less support units in the field rearming them now...
Makes the GB more usefull in general...and worth the extra money to produce them...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

TechnoGothic wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Makes the GB more usefull in general...and worth the extra money to produce them...

Well let's say this then, PB does not come out and say it's a upgrade. Just like the Mark V's auto-cannons do more damage now for some reason.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

TechnoGothic wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

kind of make some of the inspiration for the free quebec books reload occ redundant.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Gabriel_V

In the Combat Borg section, within the small subsection listing the psionic and magic penalties for Bionic Conversion, the penalties for Partial Bionic Conversion are still listed (copy/paste error). Since Combat Borgs are always full conversion and the Partial Conversion Borg rules are under the Headhunter OCC, the Magic/Psionic penalty notes no longer need to be in the Full Conversion section.

Many OCCs mention they can get Cybernetics. The Headhunter OCC description makes it clear that Cybernetics are separate and distinct from Bionics. Old school Rifts fans will recognize the descriptions of Cybernetic components inside the Borg listing, but they are labeled as Bionic (only) components. This will probably confuse newbies because, technically speaking, there are no Cybernetics in the book.

Cybernetic Bio Systems seem to be listed here and there but not defined as to what they are (although I may have just missed this).
TechnoGothic
Knight

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:kind of make some of the inspiration for the free quebec books reload occ redundant.

Not true...
It just means the Reload OCC doesnt have to be in the battlefield itself as much. Sitting back, waiting for a GB to need to reload by coming to them...

Honestly...

When a TANK in the miltary needs more Ammo, they dont have a team right there 24/7 to reload them. They call in they need to reload, and the tank moves into a postion where reloading wont endanger everyone's life as much...

1000 rounds wont last long in a real battle though.
100 rounds is not enough ammo for a PA like a GB to be really effective either...

I perfer the SILVERWOLF Glitterboy anyways...
Unlimited ammo, Particle Beam Cannon.
Missiles, and Lasers for back up is good too...

BTW, is just the GB-USA-10 Glitterboy detailed in the Ultimate book or do they include the FQ models too ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Gabriel_V

TechnoGothic wrote:1000 rounds wont last long in a real battle though.
100 rounds is not enough ammo for a PA like a GB to be really effective either...

I perfer the SILVERWOLF Glitterboy anyways...
Unlimited ammo, Particle Beam Cannon.
Missiles, and Lasers for back up is good too...

BTW, is just the GB-USA-10 Glitterboy detailed in the Ultimate book or do they include the FQ models too ??

The funny thing is that I've seen Glitter Boy PCs raise from level 1 to 4, being played over months of time, and still never run out of the initial 100 boom gun flechette canisters. I think the lowest I've ever seen a player get was 39 rounds remaining.

The Glitter Boy depicted in Ultimate is the USA-G10 without any of the Free Quebec modifications.

Addition: Thank you, Deific or whoever, for the sticky.
Last edited by Gabriel_V on Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sureshot
Champion

MADMANMIKE wrote:..you clearly have no concept of the nature of a company like Palladium...

..Do some research.

-Mike

I am not sure what you are getting at. In any case I will no longer threadjack this topic. If anyone wants to continue this send me a pm.

Enlightened Grognard

Unread post by Guest »

Tenchi Jeff wrote:Found one!

Page 329, the following W.P.'s, Energy Pistol, Energy Rifle, and Mega-Damage Weapons. There is not any W.P. Bonuses listed for these.

Awww...that makes me sad. Now i'm hoping these will be in the cutting room fast. I haven't got my book yet (UPS thank you once again) but i'm looking foreward to it. I wouldn't care if I opened the first page and saw in big Times New Roman, bolded font. "RES SIN KAI SHOULD JUMP OFF A CLIFF", i'd still be happy. I'm not so much bothered by the mistakes as I am glad that the book wasn't delayed.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Dulhirest wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Are we sure? It would not be the first time an extra 0 slipped in.

As far as editing goes -- there is no excuse for formatting, spelling, or omission errors in what is ostensibly a professional gaming product. One or two slipping by is one thing. If some of us are unwilling to accept it, that is because it's not the first time or the first book from PB with these issues.

Its an upgrade I was at the convention Kevin was asked about this and he said the old number was a typo and it should be a 1000.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Dulhirest wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Are we sure? It would not be the first time an extra 0 slipped in.

Its an upgrade I was at the convention Kevin was asked about this and he said the old number was a typo and it should be a 1000.

I'll add that the correction from 100 to 1000 rounds was already made in Chaos Earth and several printings of the RMB.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
..you clearly have no concept of the nature of a company like Palladium...

-Mike

What is the "nature of a company like Palladium"? :-?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Each round weighs 2 pounds if i remember correctly so thats 200 pounds vs. 2000 pounds of ammo...Hmm :-? I think it is a misprint, despite what others claim KS has said.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Thinyser wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Each round weighs 2 pounds if i remember correctly so thats 200 pounds vs. 2000 pounds of ammo...Hmm :-? I think it is a misprint, despite what others claim KS has said.

Back in 1998 at Incon in Spokane, WA he said the listing of a 100 rounds was a typo that he had not got around to fixing. The next time the main book got printed it was done with the correct number of a 1,000.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Back in 1998 at Incon in Spokane, WA he said the listing of a 100 rounds was a typo that he had not got around to fixing. The next time the main book got printed it was done with the correct number of a 1,000.

In that regard it simply silly here is why:
:-?
hmm lets do some math in regards to the weight.
-the weight of the GB is 1.2 tons fully loaded thats 2400 pounds
-the boomgun itself weighs 867 pounds
-the armor holds 10 gals of water (@8.3 pounds per gal thats 83 pounds) plus about 4 weeks of neutrient paste (assume 1 pound per day thats 28 pounds), and it has storage for a rifle pistol survival knife and a first-aid kit figure another 25 pounds for all that
-so we have the "fully loaded" starting weight of 2400 - 867 - 83 - 28 - 25 leaving a total of 1397 pounds left for the armor itself AND ammo for the boomgun.

If that doesn't make you say that 1000 rounds is WAY too much then look at the size of the rounds (7 inches long by approxamatly 2.25 diameter) in comparison to the drum magazine that sits across the shoulders of the GB. There is NO WAY that you could squeze 1000 7"x2.25" cylinders into that drum (which by my measurement is approxamatly 1.25' diameter and 4 feet long)....they just can't fit unless there was an extradimensional space inside and this is TECH not MAGIC so I doubt that is the case.

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Thats not errata...
...thats a upgrade

Well let's say this then, PB does not come out and say it's a upgrade. Just like the Mark V's auto-cannons do more damage now for some reason.

Holy crap cakes! :eek: I missed that one. They jumped the Auto Cannon's damage by better than a factor of THREE! That puts them between the mini-missiles and SRMs in terms of power as far as Fragmentation explosives go.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
dark brandon
Knight

Tenchi Jeff wrote:Found one!

Page 329, the following W.P.'s, Energy Pistol, Energy Rifle, and Mega-Damage Weapons. There is not any W.P. Bonuses listed for these.

Refer to page 360 for bonuses for those.

It's still a mistake I believe, but luckly it's fixed in that page.
dark brandon
Knight

RCC bonus mistake/clear up

Psi-stalkers in the original book were master psionics that had a natural bonus of +4 to save vs. psionics, but it was made clear that you do not add in the ME bonus.

In the new book, it's stated they need only roll a 6 or higher, but definatly could lead people into thinking (which you may do) that you add in ME bonuses as well.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Page 352. The PA: Elite skill is broken up into Flying PA and Ground based PA, (which I like BTW) But in the examples of Ground based PA they list the Terrain Hopper. The TH does have flight capabilities. it's only capable of 100 mph, but it can fly and leap. (boy can it leap!) :)
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

TechnoGothic wrote:
Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:kind of make some of the inspiration for the free quebec books reload occ redundant.

Just the original. Honestly though I found 100 rounds to be more than enough to get the job done.

I'm curious, could someone check the Chaos Earth book GB and see how many rounds it has listed?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

SDC:
Page 287/Determining Physical SDC:
"Each OCC should indicate how many SDC points a character gets."

Maybe I'm missing it in the OCC descriptions but I'm not seeing this. There is usually a BONUS SDC listed.
The section goes on to describe a starting SDC if there is not a starting SDC presented.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Just the original. Honestly though I found 100 rounds to be more than enough to get the job done.

I'm curious, could someone check the Chaos Earth book GB and see how many rounds it has listed?

It's 1000 rounds in CE.
60 DaDa points.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:SDC:
Page 287/Determining Physical SDC:
"Each OCC should indicate how many SDC points a character gets."

Maybe I'm missing it in the OCC descriptions but I'm not seeing this. There is usually a BONUS SDC listed.
The section goes on to describe a starting SDC if there is not a starting SDC presented.

Yeah, thats pretty poorly worded. I THINK they want each OCC to get the same 'base' SDC (which they list in that paragraph) plus the bonus SDC from the OCC. But I could be wrong.
60 DaDa points.

Return to “Rifts®”