OOOkay..didn't wanna have to do this...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

OOOkay..didn't wanna have to do this...

Unread post by DhAkael »

Um..anyone else catch that little thing at the back of the R:UE (I know this is the dimesion book forum, but hear me out peeps!)?
Okay, K.S. mentions a whole bunch of "must have" books, including the dimension books. In the same breath (sentence) he goes on to state "While these books are great for Rifts players to explore another dimension, they are NOT recomended for crossing over to Rifts, as they can unballance the game..."
Um..I call COW-DREN on that Bob! :P
Any GM worth their weight in salt should be able to keep stuff like a Silverhawk PA suit in check.
For starters; the A-Grav systems would be reaaallllly hard to repair, though I still say any psi-mechanic or Psi-capable Operator should have no trouble, given time, to fix anything.
Another --sigh-- point is the whole space ship through the orbital debris filed yadda yadda blah blah blah. That's only a plot hammer, and I have posted elsewhere that even the much vaunted containment protocols could easily be countered...but that's just me :D
As for the weapons tech...um I managed to have an entire PW player group nearly anihilated by just ONE SAMAS squad...bonuses to dodge & strike are a major equalizer...and this was with every player equiped with shiled belts, phase blasters, and nano-surgeon kits.

So again, I think it's just a way for the big guy to take away from the true spirit of a MULTI-DIMENSIONAL game, and just having Gama-world redux.

--pant pant huff wheeze--
Okay, enough ranting for today! :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

Which is funny, because according to Naruni Phase Two, a whole heaping pile of that same level of technology is being sold on the North American Free Market.....
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Proseksword wrote:Which is funny, because according to Naruni Phase Two, a whole heaping pile of that same level of technology is being sold on the North American Free Market.....

Do NOT ask for logic or rational thinking when it comes to "word from on-high".
I've stopped trying to figure out where the big man is comming from. In one breath he says "If it's fun...GO FOR IT! And don't let the rules stop you! Game ballance is what you make of it and not all things RPG are equal!", while practically on the same page (even paragraph) he goes on to say "The material from this book is bad bad bad to use in your game and should never be allowed if you want Game Ballance "
I figure, let the rules lawyers go and take a steep dive into a shallow empty pool, while the real gamers ditch contradictory dren like the above examples and just have fun and play :D :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

And when it comes to debris fields and killer sattelites, magic (Techno-Wizardry to be exact) is the perfect equalizer.
Remember who you wanted to be.
DhAkael
Knight

Space...the easy frontier...If you have Techno-wizards ;-)

Unread post by DhAkael »

Swift-13 wrote:And when it comes to debris fields and killer sattelites, magic (Techno-Wizardry to be exact) is the perfect equalizer.

That was my point in another post thread...a few escoteric feebs in here got really really REALLY pendantic and huffy, that; "No you couldn't use TW devices, and here's why..etc etc yadda yadda text page paragraph line blah blah blah!"
They just quoted lines of text at me and "...but Kevin Siembiada wrote that..." as their only arguments.
My answer; "Ah little mud-sucker, you have learned the words of YOUR prophet poorly: He also had stated that rules should NEVER get in the way of a good story."
The feebs in question did not take kindly to "eating crow" :D :demon: :ok:

To get back on topic; I've had PWorld, Nightbane, Woormwood, heck...even WH40k stuff in my games ON Rifts Earth, and believe me, when the players were using that stuff they were NOT king of the heap for long! :lol:
Isn't having near god-like ability to effect causality wonderful? Especialy when it's all 'Legal' with book-calculated bonuses and just really good dice rolling :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Space...the easy frontier...If you have Techno-wizards ;

Unread post by Swift-13 »

DhAkael wrote:To get back on topic; I've had PWorld, Nightbane, Woormwood, heck...even WH40k stuff in my games ON Rifts Earth, and believe me, when the players were using that stuff they were NOT king of the heap for long! :lol:

Yeah, I've even made use of the Zerg in one of my campaigns. Those little monsters are perfect for the close and personal battles that tend to happen in RIFTS.
Remember who you wanted to be.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”