Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Sure... why not?

Clever idea. 25 Experience.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

No.

The illusion wouldn't "feel" right.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Phantom RCC

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:long shot, but the Phantom (in energy mode) can produce illusions that will fool even most sensors, like radiation,etc.

in fact they can even "see magic" and detect it (in any of their forms)

could a Phantom produce an illusion that would fool a creature's ability to sense dimensional anomalies ? (such as creating a "mini-rift" and make those around him think he's a Temporal Wizard or a Shifter ?)
No.

The Ability to sense a Rift or other Dimensional Anomalyis a Supernatural Ability, not a visual, 3-Dimensional one.

A visual "picture" of a Rift would fool a being able to sense such about as much as a painted picture of a Rift on the wall.

That is to say, not in the slightest.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Err... Isn't Sense Magic a Supernatural ability?

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well, the creature can create a facsimile of the energy released by a transdimesnional event, but unless he knows what aspects of that energy are the signatures to identification he might get it wrong enough that it could be seen through.

Basically it's like using an illusion to fool someone who also has infrared vision, unless you creat the illusion in infrared as well as visual spectrums they will know something is wrong. In this case the phantom has to know exactly which wavelengths to work on to trick the senses in question.

So basically, unless it has some levels in manipulating dimensional phenomena, I'd say the illusion is relatively easy to see through (not totally though, it can still fool even the brightest for a few momments).
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”