Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: If I were a mighty, might Tolkieen Mage

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Macistan wrote:I would discover the Splicers planet
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how ya gonna serch for something you don't know and have no reason to suspect exsists in the first place? it's a magic dead world so there's no real reason or way for anyone to leave there to come here
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Don't most Splicers weapons die when taken off of the Splicers world?

~ Josh
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Don't most Splicers weapons die when taken off of the Splicers world?

~ Josh
Absolutely NOTHING said about that.

And given the way in which these Armors exist (eat Stone, Meat, Vegetable Matter, Life Force Energy of the Pilot/Host, and Solar Energy), there'd be no reason to asume that anything would happen to them if they went off Planet.

But just imagine the possibilities.

You've go a suit of kickass, BIO-Armor that compares with just abouyt every other suit of Armor in the Megaverse in overall function and power....

And best of all, it's both living AND A PART OF YOU, so as a Mage you wouldn't suffer a Magic-Casting Penalty.

Just make sure that you don't allow anybody in your party to get captured by NEXUS.

Unlike ARCHIE, she ain't afraid of Magic and is about a million times as powerful to boot.

If SHE learns Magic and decides to cull Humanoids thorughout the Megaverse.......

:eek: :shock: :frazz: :thwak: :erm: :demon:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

cornholioprime wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Don't most Splicers weapons die when taken off of the Splicers world?

~ Josh

And given the way in which these Armors exist (eat Stone, Meat, Vegetable Matter, Life Force Energy of the Pilot/Host, and Solar Energy), there'd be no reason to asume that anything would happen to them if they went off Planet.

You've go a suit of kickass, BIO-Armor that compares with just abouyt every other suit of Armor in the Megaverse in overall function and power....

And best of all, it's both living AND A PART OF YOU, so as a Mage you wouldn't suffer a Magic-Casting Penalty.

Just make sure that you don't allow anybody in your party to get captured by NEXUS.

Unlike ARCHIE, she ain't afraid of Magic and is about a million times as powerful to boot.

If SHE learns Magic and decides to cull Humanoids thorughout the Megaverse.......

I'm pretty sure that Splicers weapons need to be dunked in this slime every so often in order to keep functioning. So thus you wouldn't be able to take them off world.

The armor? Yeah you could do that.

~ Josh

EDIT: Nevermind, I get your meaning.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Macistan wrote:I would discover the Splicers planet, bring some psi-techs/psi-operators/TWs through with me, Adjust the plague to be functional on Rifts Earth, then drop a boatload of Nanos all over the midwest. Technology = for the lose.

Ah, yes, then you would have power only in the hands of a few and most of those would be demons, or psychotics like the FoM.

Yeah I would call that a real "win" for magic. :nh:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Nxla666 wrote:
Macistan wrote:I would discover the Splicers planet, bring some psi-techs/psi-operators/TWs through with me, Adjust the plague to be functional on Rifts Earth, then drop a boatload of Nanos all over the midwest. Technology = for the lose.

Ah, yes, then you would have power only in the hands of a few and most of those would be demons, or psychotics like the FoM.

Yeah I would call that a real "win" for magic. :nh:
Eh??

:-?
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

~ Josh

I'm pretty sure that Splicers weapons need to be dunked in this slime every so often in order to keep functioning. So thus you wouldn't be able to take them off world.

The armor? Yeah you could do that.

~ Josh

EDIT: Nevermind, I get your meaning.

having just re-read it, Splicers tech does not die when taken off the world--your confusing it with Wormwood.

and they do NOT need to be dunked in slime.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

If you dont know about it, how can you set out to discover it?
If you do know about it, it was already discovered, wasnt it?

Sorry for being a wise-elbow. This is usually my standard response anytime someone says they want to discover something. And I'm not just talking about RPG's.
Columbus didnt seek to discover a new land. He was trying to map out a new route to a land already known. It was accidental that he landed on the continent which would later be known as North America.

Moving right along, you bring up a good point about game balance.
How is it that with all these Shifters running around (especially in Tolkeen) nobody ever seems to find Phase World or bring back any Phase equipment? Or, worse yet, lead something horrible back to rifts earth?

You could say the Naruni discovered Earth because of a wayward shifter, the splugorth too. But it seems like the planet should have been destroyed or enslaved a long time ago by supernatural interdimensional travellers.

Actually, I think I just touched on an issue brought up in another section of the forums way back when.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”