Post crisis

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcantony
Adventurer

Post crisis

Unread post by Marcantony »

From Wizard;

Someone other than Grayson is Nightwing.

Kid Devil and Ravager are joining the Titans.

Selina Kyle is pregnant.

The new Blue Beatle is a young Mexican-American.

Luthor's JLA: With the JLA disbanded, Luthor forms his own Justice League, comprised of entirely new characters plus one familiar face.

Wholesale Destrcution: An entire country within the DC Univerise will be leveled by a known power player, killing every man, woman and child within.

Batwoman Begins: A new female crimefighter takes to the streets of Gotham, but who's behind the mask? It's not who you think.

Steel: The Conscience of the DCU - John Henry Irons steps back into the Steel armor and steps up his game to cover for the absence of several heroes following Infinite Crisis, ruffling some feathers with his philosophy that true heroes do their job without accolades.

A new villian will be introduced in the outer reaches of space. Early word has this new tyrant giving Darkseid a run for his money.

Cast of Millions - Forget just the Big Three, the Justice League or even everybody that has appeared in Infinite Crisis-- this series will indeed star the entire DCU.

Weird Science - A Shadowy figure is abducting big brains like T.O. Morrow, Will Magnus and Dr. Sivana with an eye toward altering the world of technology.

Renee Montoya: DC's Drunk Detective - Introduced in the 1990's "Batman: The Animated Series," then making the jump to comics as the lead of Gotham Central, Renee Montoya has sunk to her lowest point as an alcoholic dectective and must find her way back to respectability.

For Freedom! - From the ashes of the original team's gory demise in Infinite Crisis, a new team of Freedom Fighters emerges to take up the fight.

Man becomes Superman - A DC hero known for getting the job done without metahuman powers will get their abilities augmented in a major way.

Encore - Writer Geoff Johns looks to follow up his work on Infinite Crisis by telling an even bigger story, if you can believe that.

The Question; get read for the Question to return to the DCU in a major way, becoming a lynchpin of 52 and setting himself up as Gotham's new protector.

On the Edge - A respected former member of the Justice League reaches his bottom and contempletes suicide. Will this beleaguered Leaguer pull the trigger?

Real Time - Like on TV's "24" this number-titled series unfoldes week by week at the pace of real life, putting fans right in the thick of things.

Bad As He Wants to Be - With the White House way behind him, Lex Luthor gets back to basics and pushes the envelope, becoming more evil and ruthless than ever.

Wedding Bells - One of the DCU's most eligable bachelors finally meets the super-woman who can tame him enough to settle down.

Final Farewell - Some members of the team Donna Troy took into space during Infinite Crisis won't be back by the first issues of 52, and some won't be coming back at all.

Wind of Change - A new Red Tornado unlike anything that's come before will ride the eye of the storm into 52 and possible beyond.

Booster Gold: The Big Time at Last - Booster Gold was considered a joke as a member of the Justice League International, but 52 sees him take his shot as a A-list hero.

Fortune & Glory - One character's long-fought quest for respect comes to an end when they become the leader of their own country.

Fate - With Hector Hall out of the picture for the time being, someone new will step up to the golden mantle of Dr. Fate and become the world's most powerful sorcerer.

DC Encyclopedia - Nobody knows the DCU better than writer Mark Waid, and he'll be putting every ounce of his trivia knowledge to good use redefining everybody from Superman to Ambush Bug.

From Beyond the Grave - Having seen Superman, Green Arrow and now Hal Jordan return from the dead, a fomer Justice League member attempts to resurrect an old friend.

Monster Mash - Lex Luthor changes the face of humanity forever through a series of experiments on Monster Island.

Family Drama - A rift forms between Steel and his niece when she makes a decision affecting the entire DCU.

Black Adam: Choosing a Side - Black Adam has walked the line between hero and villian for the past 3,200 years. 52 will provide the most in-depth look yet at what motovates this complex character and his sense of honor.

The Main Man? - Is Lobo going back to basics? We've heard whispers, but it's too soon to say...

Whodunnit? The Question will put Montoya's detective skills to the test with a mystery that ends up taking a year to solve.

Changing the Future - Booster Gold and sidekick Skeets will attempt to use their knowledge of the past from the future to prevent major disasters before they happen. Will they succeed, or destroy the timestream in the process?

Who's Who - Each issue of 52 contains a two-page origin story on one of the DCu's heroes or villians, as written and drawn by top industry talent. Get caught up!

Crossing Over - A well-established character with a lot of history will make their first appearance in the DCU.

52 Wednesdays - The first weekly comic attempted in over 15 years-- since the demise of Action Comcis Weekly in 1989--52 will give fans a reason to get excited about going to the comic shops every single week.

Microsoft Man - Signing endorsement deals left and right, Booster Gold becomes a corporate hero, but when push comes to shove, who's pulling the strings?

Look! Up in the Sky! - A mysterious and powerful new character named Supernova will make his debut in Metropolis. But is this actually a famillar face with a new look?

Powerless - One of DC's biggest icons spends the years as a civilian, unable to prevent what they once would have handed with ease.

Don't get too attached - One of the six leads of 52 won't see the end of the year. Who'll bite the dust?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

REal time and 52 Weekly sound the same, as I heard that it will fill in the one year gap they are planning on having after Crisis is over.

Also, it sounds like Batman will gain Supermans power leaving him powerless.
OR maybe that's WonderWoman?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Post crisis

Marcantony wrote:
Renee Montoya: DC's Drunk Detective - Introduced in the 1990's "Batman: The Animated Series," then making the jump to comics as the lead of Gotham Central, Renee Montoya has sunk to her lowest point as an alcoholic dectective and must find her way back to respectability.

She came out in the comics(she's lesbian). Wonder if that plays a roll in her depression.

For Freedom! - From the ashes of the original team's gory demise in Infinite Crisis, a new team of Freedom Fighters emerges to take up the fight.

Uncle Sam kicks @$$!

Wind of Change - A new Red Tornado unlike anything that's come before will ride the eye of the storm into 52 and possible beyond.

Darn! I was hoping they'd bring back Ma Hunkel.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Uncle Sam kicks @$$!

Darn Tootin'!!!
I have always liked Uncle Sam.

Darn! I was hoping they'd bring back Ma Hunkel.

She was working for the JSA for a while.
I think she was in their mueseum (as a curator, not an exhibit).
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

that is so freaking awsome
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Marvel just doesn't cut the mustard any more.. Witness the rise of DC.

Me, I've always liked DC better.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Kneel before DCU! :lol:
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

hmmm This make me torn and twisted inside.
From one side i'm an old time hardcore Marvel fan
but recently I don't like the mainstrem stories(Iread only Ultimate Line)
On the other side never was a fan of DC comics (i used to read only Vertigo lines, but i stopped two years ago) I don't liked something DC did in past, not from comic point fo view but from editorial campaigns, personal reasons.
Plus i never really fell in love for any of his characters or story(Lobo apart, I love those funny things)
But these sotries seem good.
I'm torn apart.
:-?
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Sentinel
Palladin

I am a fan of many Marvel titles, predominately non-mutant.
I have always liked certain DC characters.
While there was once a very clear difference in the styles of the Big Two companies, time has shifted things so that with the exchange of talent, many things have become similar (if not identical).
Both companies have made some huge mistakes (Millenium, Secret Wars II, Mutant X-Over series, JLA Parody series, etc), and both companies have offered some real gems (Infinity Guantlet, Cosmic Odessey, and others).
It is my hope that 52 will be a gem, and that Marvel will answer the challenge with good stuff of their own (although on a smaller scale, The Other in the Spider-Man titles is looking pretty good).

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Also from wizard.
Kyle rayner(green Lantern) will get his own book called Ion.
Now the last tiem he went by that name he had the powers of Parallax at his disposal.
And since he is also alisted as havinga chance at being called "earth's most powerful hero" then he might just, thenit would make sense that the GLC stops existing and he gets the power back.
But we will see.
(This make more sense, since Hal Jordan could loose his powers for atleast a year, and Guy Gardner might not be aroudn after crisis.)

Also, "You can't a have a Crisis without a dead flash."
Forget who said that.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

There will be a new flash soon spirit theres about a million of them
in the wings some ware
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Well the current Kid Flash(formerly Impulse) could jsut step up and be the fourth Flash. Or they could bring BArry back or just have a time travelled version of the current Flash.

OH! If jsut occurredot me that Jay Garrick(the original flash) could be the dead flash.
Sentinel
Palladin

Sir_Spirit wrote:Well the current Kid Flash(formerly Impulse) could jsut step up and be the fourth Flash. Or they could bring BArry back or just have a time travelled version of the current Flash.
Do not bring back Barry Allen. His death, while tragic, would become paradical if he joins the Revolving Door out of Deaths' Realm.

OH! If jsut occurredot me that Jay Garrick(the original flash) could be the dead flash.

That would be tragic as well: I love the Golden Agers more than even Roy Thomas, but I would accept that faster than another dead guy coming back to life.

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

More reasons why I only collect Batman-Legends of the Dark Knight. Marvel & DC are just bankrupt of ideas, so they're re-writing everything all over again just to attract 'new' readers. But the only way to get new readers into the shops is for the 'old' readers to bring them in.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Just read Crisis 3 (shipment to Australia was extremely delayed due to the christmas holidays) and I sure didnt see that ending coming. I half wondered if the Anti Monitor was back although he still seems to be dead. Depends on what Alex is going to do with him. Might inadvertantly revive him.

The whole superboy and Alex thing took me by surprise, I thought Superman II was behind it all.
And was that the precrisis Luthor who got vaporised?
Sentinel
Palladin

Infinite Crisis #3 was a pleasing surprise. I like this series a lot.
Justice was also darn good, and continues to satisfy.
JSA Classified is looking pretty good too.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I have idea for Mantoya.

The reason for her depression is her lover betrayal her.

Being Gay das NOT make someone Perfect!
Sentinel
Palladin

It doesn't? :shock:

I suppose next you'll try to tell me that being Gay doesn't make one evil, or emotionally sensitive, or effeminate/masculine, or a spawn of <insert evil being of your choice here>...

Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

It does, however, make one a desired demographic on Bravo.
Sentinel
Palladin

Traska wrote:It does, however, make one a desired demographic on Bravo.

That explains why I spend less time watching Bravo than I do sitting on the toilet each week.

Sentinel
Palladin

Ironclad wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

It doesn't? :shock:

I suppose next you'll try to tell me that being Gay doesn't make one evil, or emotionally sensitive, or effeminate/masculine, or a spawn of <insert evil being of your choice here>...

Am I sensing negativity here?

Actually a sarcasm leveled at the idealogy that being Gay somehow makes a person "defective" or "wrong".
Also against the idea that being sensitive (and other such traits) are exclusively the province of being gay.
Gay people are people: not too much different than any other.
They just like different swimsuit models than me, that's all.

Sentinel
Palladin

Ironclad wrote:
They just like different swimsuit models than me, that's all.

lol, Brilliant! I am gonna have to remember that one :-D

Are you going to hand me a Guiness?

Sentinel
Palladin

Ironclad wrote:Could that be a reference to a TV advert??

Yes. An ongoing Guiness ad, using cut-out artwork animation, depicts two inventors who continually try to find new ways to improve their beer. One of them routinely shouts "Brilliant!" at the proposed ideas, however ludicrous.

Lost on me I'm afraid... Don't watch TV very often :-(

Is this because you spend more time reading books and getting exercise?

I am sure someone will explain it to me though :-D

And there you are.

Sentinel
Palladin

Excercise?? ((shudders))

Yeah, you know, exercise: weight lifting, martial arts, girls (or guys, depending) ...fun stuff like that.

Reason I don't watch often is cause I am loathe to pay a TV license for only two channels out of five!

:lol:

Then they expect everyone to pay for digital TV too!!

Digital Cable, Baby! Gotta love it. Great internet serice too... :D

I feel a rant coming on so I will go lay down for a while

Have a Guiness.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”