ATB Primer

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Juankis
Wanderer

ATB Primer

Unread post by Juankis »

I'm planing on running a few ATB demo games at my local Con, and I was hoping for some advice on how to make the game a little easier to digest for the newbies.

Should it include pre-generated character or make them do it on the spot?

Should I gor for full characters with all the trimmings and rules or a "ligther" version?

What would be a good starting adventure theme, I need one that would give the player's a feel for the system and setting.

Any help is apprecieated, later on I will post some of my ideas (as soon as I find my notebook) to get some feedback on them.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

Definitely pregenerated characters. Big time saver, especially with people new to the system. And I would think time is a partial concern. I would also go full bore characters. Its not like Atb is to heavy to deal with and/or grasp. Adventure theme hmmm.. Off the top of my head, I like the Ali Komani adventure in the book. But for something more original you might go with the classic recover the long lost high tech item before the EoH. Better yet take a look at the 200 adventure ideas posted here in this section. Some real good stuff.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”