Wormwood: Rangers/Wilderness Scouts?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Wormwood: Rangers/Wilderness Scouts?

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Does the setting need them? If so, shall I include a version in Brave New Wormwood?

this only comes up because there is now a forest of pillars that covers 2 million square miles... and there are an unknown number of people living in there, all hidding out from the Unholy.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Even a Sea of Sand setting requires Scouts, just the methods of
prowling and camuflage differs.

But since I am not familiar with Wormwood, check out existing
OCCs first, maybe they can fill the gap.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
DBX
Hero

Re: Wormwood: Rangers/Wilderness Scouts?

Unread post by DBX »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Does the setting need them? If so, shall I include a version in Brave New Wormwood?

this only comes up because there is now a forest of pillars that covers 2 million square miles... and there are an unknown number of people living in there, all hidding out from the Unholy.

:ok: " forest of pillars"

if your occ is environment specific to above, then IMO it will be very good idea, wished i thought of it.
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Steve Conan Trustrum »

If you don't want to make an entirely new OCC, it would be a simple matter of saying "here are the changes to the Wilderness Scout OCC for the Wormwood setting." I guess the biggest question is, because the "wilderness" of Wormwood is largely alive, would the character have developed (new?) communion powers to help him in his role?
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Trustrum.com | Misfits In Action Web Comic
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

dont create a new OCC. use the existing wilderness scout in RMB, , get/change some of the skills, & give them the powrs/spells of a priest of wormwood.
Lunaryoma
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Change that much... its easier to write it out as a new OCC.

But yes, Steve, I think that on Wormwood, learning to "live off the land" would have to involve learning some summoning prayers.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”