The slaughter continues in Crisis (spoilers)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marcantony
Adventurer

The slaughter continues in Crisis (spoilers)

Unread post by Marcantony »

Well Superboy Prime goes on a psycho rampage decapitating Pantha, ripping Risk's arm off and killing Bushido and Wildebeest. Just before the combined speedsters trap him in the speed force.

Is anyone else starting to find this a little unbelievable?
As much as Im enjoying it do you really believe a murderous Superboy and a demented Superman from Earth 2 who doesnt care how many die so long as he gets his earth back?
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Two words: Alex Luthor.

Luthor, from any world... whether good or evil... has an "ends justify the means" mindset. What makes you think he wouldn't mess with his friends' minds to accomplish this goal?

More to the point... who's to say he isn't the ones that planted the thought to mindwipe Dr Light in the first place? One small suggestion, and the whole shebang starts to crumble.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Luthor and Superboy seem to be the "villains" of the piece. Superman (Earth-2) seems to be unaware of the full scope of what's going on, and is deluded in thinking that a return to the way things were will make everything better.
I am enjoying the series overall, and am looking forward to how they wrap things up in the end.
Although I am not a fan of wholesale slaughter, I must admit that a battle with an impassioned Superboy would (should) have consequences of fatal magnitude. Too often do powerhouses like this battle lesser opponents without any real consequences: this was more plausible.
Green Lantern is also looking interesting, with Mongul and...no, I won't spoil it.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Yeah the lack of body count for beings that tow planets is what's unbelievable to me
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Anyone seen the Earth Prime Superboy toy coming out? The costume is most creepy.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Mr. Montague wrote:Yeah the lack of body count for beings that tow planets is what's unbelievable to me

It's hard to reconcile characters who appear in kids' comics and the wide-scale bloodshed that would occur when these titans collide.
A few books over the years have touched on the consequences to the victims (Rom, Captain Britain, Thor, Hulk, to name a few), but nowhere near consistantly enough.

The battle in Superman II: Escape from the Phantom Zone was a pretty good one, without gratuitous bloodshed.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”