You know Magneto gets his powers back...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

you know just about EVERYBODY will get their powers back eventually.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

of course they will as sure as jean grey will come back
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

only a handful of marvel character will stay dead and only a smaller number then that will remain powerless, and there is marvel in a nutshell.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Mech-Viper wrote:only a handful of marvel character will stay dead and only a smaller number then that will remain powerless, and there is marvel in a nutshell.

If bucky can come back....
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Further proof that Marvel only cares about profits & not readers.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

You do realize the latest storyline is only proof what I said before. /// the Changes were only temporary.

WANDA WILL NOT BE COMING BACK :)
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Gomen_Nagai wrote:You do realize the latest storyline is only proof what I said before. /// the Changes were only temporary.

Wanda will come back they all come back they just cant
resist marvells swarmy charm
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:You do realize the latest storyline is only proof what I said before. /// the Changes were only temporary.

Sure she will, just as soon as Quesada's reign is over. Then everything will be retconned out. Like they did to Morrison's work on the Xmen.

I already got rid of my dissassembled issues and am pretending they never happened.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Double post.
Last edited by Marcantony on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcantony
Adventurer

punkrawkdrums wrote:but Barry Allen is still dead

For a corpse he sure keeps making a lot of guest appearances. The most recent being Infinite Crisis 4 where he teamed up with Bart, Wally, Jay, Max and Johnny to take down psycho Superboy.

If the crisis is going to change everything then he may escape his fate.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Marcantony wrote:

For a corpse he sure keeps making a lot of guest appearances. The most recent being Infinite Crisis 4 where he teamed up with Bart, Wally, Jay, Max and Johnny to take down psycho Superboy.

do try to keep up....he already did escape his fate...he is alive and well in the future with his true love Iris West Allen....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Lord Cherico wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:only a handful of marvel character will stay dead and only a smaller number then that will remain powerless, and there is marvel in a nutshell.

If bucky can come back....

The author of the Winter Soldier series wanted to bring Bucky back because no one else would. He wanted to do the one thing that no one would do in order to offer a story that was so different from anything else in Captain America. It's like the Grand Taboo, and he wanted to be the one to break it.
While it is different, I am not sure it's a good thing.
It is my hope at the conclusion of this storyline, we will see Bucky returned quietly to the grave, and the writers can remember that Cap has other plots and characters that can be drawn on.
As everyone here knows, I am a master of small, trivial and obscure comic knowledge: I believe that all comic writers should be as well. If I know the name of Caps' grade school civics teacher (It was Mrs. Crosley) then so should the paid writers of the series. If you aren't going to be bothered to know about the character and his history, then you will miss the opportunity for some really good stories ( a much better story was The Secret Origin of the Other Captain America, #154-156).
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Sentinel wrote:As everyone here knows, I am a master of small, trivial and obscure comic knowledge: I believe that all comic writers should be as well. If I know the name of Caps' grade school civics teacher (It was Mrs. Crosley) then so should the paid writers of the series. If you aren't going to be bothered to know about the character and his history, then you will miss the opportunity for some really good stories ( a much better story was The Secret Origin of the Other Captain America, #154-156).

Here I disagree, but only in a sideways way. Writers shouldn't have to know this - quite frankly, I'm more concerned with a writer's ability to capture the spirit of Batman, not his ability to remember if lil Bruce was wearing a tie or not when his folks were gunned down. That kind of work, in my eyes, is one of the biggest jobs of the Editor. Do I hold a special place in my heart for writers like Busiek who do shine in that regard? Absolutely - and don't think I'm condoning writers who don't know simple facts or semi obscure facts. I go nuts when people use a villain who is dead, or who is in a major state of flux. (Witness the Absorbing Man insanity of last year, showing up in multiple books with different powers and motivatoins all in the same month) but once again these are failings of the writer second, and the editor first.

If most writers took the time to have as complete a knowledge of the entire universes they want to work for, quite honestly, I'd imagine they wouldn't be writers anymore - they'd just be fans. And broke ones at that :)

Remember, most of the writers breaking into the industry these days that aren't just shifting over from writing in Hollywood are my age and younger (27) and probably don't have the bankroll to buy every issue of every comic they'd ever want to work for so they can know every fact of it. I made way more money than most comic writers do when I was a store manager and even I couldn't afford to - I topped out around 18,000 comics and that's nowhere near enough to get even a complete picture of obscure stuff like that in MARVEL, let alone in Marvel and DC and Image and any of the other companies these guys are doing work for.

Sure, if someone is going to have a 10 year run on Hulk or a 17 year run on Uncanny they have a responsibility to know damn near everything, but someone on a 4 month work for hire deal on Thor has no responsibility, and really no time, to have read all 400 issues of Thor, plus the hundreds of Avengers issues he's been in, plus the 100 or so crossover appearances...the man is busy enough writing the 4 issues plus whatever else he's writing for other books and companies so he can put food on his table.
Gomen_Nagai

I am Glad they brought back Bucky, Bucky's been dead too long.. before it was Captain marvel who stayed dead but they brought him back, Re-animated him, and then unleashed his son as the rightful owner of the nega bands..
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Unfortunately for Blue Beetle, he was a DC character.. thus he is likely going to stay dead.
Mind you, he could always come back now and then as a flashback, or as one of those internal, imaginary conversations some characters have with dead folks.. I'm hoping Booster Gold has some quality time with the ghost of Blue Beetle.

*sigh*

Why do all my favorite characters get killed off?
:-?
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Gomen_Nagai

uh they brought back blue beetle. he's a version of the original one. Ted Gord is Dead though.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Unfortunately for Blue Beetle, he was a DC character.. thus he is likely going to stay dead.

--Ka-blink--

Are you fre-kaying kidding me?

Green Arrow. Barry Allen. Hal Jordan. *Superman*. Jason Todd. JASON FREAKING TODD. The rule of thumb used to be "They're ony dead if you see the body." We *aw* the body, Todd died right in Bruce's arms, and he's *still* back.

DC is no more immune to "I got better" syndrome than Marvel is.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

The dead never stay dead any more. I bet they do something Wally and
bring back Barry. It doesn't matter how you die. You always come back,
why because nobody wants to create anything new, just use what's old.
Sentinel
Palladin

Here I disagree, but only in a sideways way. Writers shouldn't have to know this - quite frankly, I'm more concerned with a writer's ability to capture the spirit of Batman, not his ability to remember if lil Bruce was wearing a tie or not when his folks were gunned down. That kind of work, in my eyes, is one of the biggest jobs of the Editor. Do I hold a special place in my heart for writers like Busiek who do shine in that regard? Absolutely - and don't think I'm condoning writers who don't know simple facts or semi obscure facts. I go nuts when people use a villain who is dead, or who is in a major state of flux. (Witness the Absorbing Man insanity of last year, showing up in multiple books with different powers and motivatoins all in the same month) but once again these are failings of the writer second, and the editor first.

To me, not knowing the characters you write is simply lazy writing. You get writers who change anything they are unfamiliar with as if they cannot be bothered to do the research. Guys like Roy Thomas and Kurt Busiek (there are others, but those two stand out in my mind) are standards by which other writers should be judged. The old guard like the late Julius Swartz were masters of this sort of knowledge, and their stories were fantastic as a result (they actually cared about the characters).
Read through the original Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, and you see the culmination of a writers' dedication to research. Not every writer needs to go through this level, but there is more of a trend towards the opposite direction and stories suffer as a result.
And it isn't that hard to do: I can do it, without having sacrificed other aspects of my life to do so.
When a writer gets to the point that they are simply re-treading old plotlines (this is not the first time we've seen a Bucky Resurrection, although it always turned out to be a doppelganger of some kind) then maybe they simply don't know their characters well enough.

Marcantony
Adventurer

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Marcantony wrote:

do try to keep up....he already did escape his fate...he is alive and well in the future with his true love Iris West Allen....

You should follow your own advice.
Yes he was in the future until the original crisis began. The antimonitor kidnapped him from that future and he later died while sabotaging one of the antimonitor's devices.
That is his fate, that no matter how many times he comes back into the past at some point in the future he will die.
So no, he is not alive and well in the future. He is dead and buried.
Check your facts next time.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Ted Gord is Dead, thats the main thing.. see, the next Blue Beetle will be all doped up on super powers, blasting his way out of tricky situations.. with Ted, he had no powers, no hyper skills in engineering and science, he was just a guy with lots of cool stuff.

Basically, he was even less grunty than your average Hardware type dude.. I guess that got the writers mad at him because they had to think about what a normal guy would do when faced with tricky situations...

I found it interesting.. it's the whole charm behind Spiderman in a way.. he's just this guy who got weird powers but is not really a big league hero.. one on one vs most bad guys, he gets away with it because he is so agile.. otherwise he would be spidey mince.

Writers these days... :-?
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Sentinel
Palladin

I actually hope to see more the Dan Garrett style of Blue Beetle. While I liked Ted Kord okay (I liked his series far more than his appearances in JL/JLI/JLA), there are plenty of low-powered and no-powered heroes to focus on: Beetle should have the powers that he originally had in his Charleton series.
Meanwhile, for the fans of "normal" guy heroes, let's focus on Batman, Green Arrow, Question, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary (does she have her sonic cry or not? ), Nightwing, Robin, Speedy (what, are we on Speedy III now?), Peacemaker (remember him?), Oracle (let's show some love to the handicapped heroines), Mr. Miricle, Huntress, and others.

Sentinel
Palladin

Ironclad wrote:
Sentinel wrote:I actually hope to see more the Dan Garrett style of Blue Beetle. While I liked Ted Kord okay (I liked his series far more than his appearances in JL/JLI/JLA), there are plenty of low-powered and no-powered heroes to focus on: Beetle should have the powers that he originally had in his Charleton series.
Meanwhile, for the fans of "normal" guy heroes, let's focus on Batman, Green Arrow, Question, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary (does she have her sonic cry or not? ), Nightwing, Robin, Speedy (what, are we on Speedy III now?), Peacemaker (remember him?), Oracle (let's show some love to the handicapped heroines), Mr. Miricle, Huntress, and others.

With all the powers and abilities surrounding Oracle I am amazed that she isn't up and running around!

I guess they just like her as she is...

Despite the combined advances of Kryptonian, Apokalyptan, Martian, and Future science, I'm amazed cancer hasn't been cured. Not only do you have those resources, but Rannian, Thanagarian, and access to Amazonian techniques, Tammaranian technology, captured Dominion and Psion technology, friendly relations with Daxam, and the use of a physicist who can go microscopic, at least three Green Lanterns, and a functioning Time Machine. Why do diseases still exist?

Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

Not to get even more off the subject, but..
Sentinal has written

Isn't Mister Miracle one of the New Gods? Son of the Highfather? Hes got no godlike powers? Obviously I'm not very knowlewdgeable on this subject with DC. Can someone fill me in?
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Sentinel wrote:Despite the combined advances of Kryptonian, Apokalyptan, Martian, and Future science, I'm amazed cancer hasn't been cured. Not only do you have those resources, but Rannian, Thanagarian, and access to Amazonian techniques, Tammaranian technology, captured Dominion and Psion technology, friendly relations with Daxam, and the use of a physicist who can go microscopic, at least three Green Lanterns, and a functioning Time Machine. Why do diseases still exist?

While this is the Marvel Answer I got back when they used to host chats on AOL (Man those were good times) where writers and editors would come and sit in and answer our silly questions, the answer was because they didn't want to potentially insult or degrade all the people around the world who are suffering from it. Same reason they don't go and cure starvation or build homes for all the homeless. The books, while obviously not real, try to exist in the real world as much as possible, and they felt it would be improper to have Reed just whip up a cure for Cancer when ever years their readers either personally suffer through the pains of it or have friends and relatives who do.

Personally I can see both sides of the fence, and while I think the small guys could get away with it, I understand why the big two don't go screwing around with big topics like that.

Of course now Ross has his 'Justice' series which is basically the exact opposite of what I was just talking about, so the winds may be shifting - but that was Marvel's answer back in the late 90s.
Sentinel
Palladin

Grey Death wrote:Not to get even more off the subject, but..
Sentinel derails topics. Get over it. :lol:
Sentinal has written

Isn't Mister Miracle one of the New Gods? Son of the Highfather? Hes got no godlike powers? Obviously I'm not very knowlewdgeable on this subject with DC. Can someone fill me in?

Scott Free did not have any unusual abilities (that is, Super-Abilities), despite being Highfathers son. His "powers" were a comination of rigorous training, and his Mother Box.
The second Mr. Miricle was born on Earth.

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

AJ Pickett wrote:Unfortunately for Blue Beetle, he was a DC character.. thus he is likely going to stay dead.
Mind you, he could always come back now and then as a flashback, or as one of those internal, imaginary conversations some characters have with dead folks.. I'm hoping Booster Gold has some quality time with the ghost of Blue Beetle.

*sigh*

Why do all my favorite characters get killed off?
:-?

New Blue Beetle comic out in 2006. It was announced in the back of one of the Batman comics. Apparently the previous one was grooming a replacement.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Sentinel
Palladin

Marrowlight wrote:
Sentinel wrote:Despite the combined advances of Kryptonian, Apokalyptan, Martian, and Future science, I'm amazed cancer hasn't been cured. Not only do you have those resources, but Rannian, Thanagarian, and access to Amazonian techniques, Tammaranian technology, captured Dominion and Psion technology, friendly relations with Daxam, and the use of a physicist who can go microscopic, at least three Green Lanterns, and a functioning Time Machine. Why do diseases still exist?

While this is the Marvel Answer I got back when they used to host chats on AOL (Man those were good times) where writers and editors would come and sit in and answer our silly questions, the answer was because they didn't want to potentially insult or degrade all the people around the world who are suffering from it. Same reason they don't go and cure starvation or build homes for all the homeless. The books, while obviously not real, try to exist in the real world as much as possible, and they felt it would be improper to have Reed just whip up a cure for Cancer when ever years their readers either personally suffer through the pains of it or have friends and relatives who do.

Personally I can see both sides of the fence, and while I think the small guys could get away with it, I understand why the big two don't go screwing around with big topics like that.

Of course now Ross has his 'Justice' series which is basically the exact opposite of what I was just talking about, so the winds may be shifting - but that was Marvel's answer back in the late 90s.

I remember Marvel putting out a one-shot called Heroes for Hope, and DC doing a similar title called Heroes for Hunger. Each tackled different issues of social relevance at the time, and had the common theme that super-powers weren't enough to fix the worlds' problems.
Of course, these two stories (the profits generated by these stories went to different charitible organizations) did not have the full access of their respective universes' resources, which is how these stories were even remotely plausible to begin with.

I have seen comic stories with utopian backgrounds, but even though the ills of the World were seemingly solved, there were still hidden pitfalls and a dark side to every utopia, which help to keep a sense of conflict driving the plots.
Even the utopian Star Trek has more than enough dangers and challenges to keep the story interesting.

Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Sentinel wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

I remember Marvel putting out a one-shot called Heroes for Hope, and DC doing a similar title called Heroes for Hunger. Each tackled different issues of social relevance at the time, and had the common theme that super-powers weren't enough to fix the worlds' problems.
Of course, these two stories (the profits generated by these stories went to different charitible organizations) did not have the full access of their respective universes' resources, which is how these stories were even remotely plausible to begin with.

I have seen comic stories with utopian backgrounds, but even though the ills of the World were seemingly solved, there were still hidden pitfalls and a dark side to every utopia, which help to keep a sense of conflict driving the plots.
Even the utopian Star Trek has more than enough dangers and challenges to keep the story interesting.
For example, they STILL haven't cured baldness!!!
And what is the deal with Starfleet shuttle food? And speaking of Starfleet, why don't they make the whole Enterprise out of the black box? :lol:
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Sentinel
Palladin

For example, they STILL haven't cured baldness!!!

After it was discovered that women find bald men sexy, they stopped looking for a cure.
And what is the deal with Starfleet shuttle food?

Just to give people something to complain about.
And speaking of Starfleet, why don't they make the whole Enterprise out of the black box?

They were going to, but other Federation members raised a stink.

Marrowlight
Knight

Sentinel wrote:I remember Marvel putting out a one-shot called Heroes for Hope, and DC doing a similar title called Heroes for Hunger. Each tackled different issues of social relevance at the time, and had the common theme that super-powers weren't enough to fix the worlds' problems.

Like I said, was there answer for then, not necessarily their answer for all time; things might be changing now, things might've been different in times before then. YMMV with any and all answers pertaining to logic and comics - take what yah want and move on away from the rest :)
Sentinel
Palladin

Ranger wrote:I personnaly believe that Marvel and DC should write a summary for their writers, editors of everything that came before so that the new guy can reference it. Plus have a continutity guy over look it and go, nope, sorry this guy died in this issue and he must stay dead.

Sentinel, you want a job?

I think this one is right up your ally.

You leave Ms. McBeal alone.
:lol:

I have considered drafting something to send to Marvel to land a job as a writer.

Gomen_Nagai

Marrowlight wrote:

this is easy to answer. the Continuum Police Do patrol the space and time lanes to prevent premature Science proliferation.

BLAME The 30th CENTURy.
Sentinel
Palladin

Gomen_Nagai wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

this is easy to answer. the Continuum Police Do patrol the space and time lanes to prevent premature Science proliferation.

BLAME The 30th CENTURy.

But, in the 30th Century, we have Legion of Superheroes, which is an excellent title.
Or, in Marvel, we have the Guardians of the Galaxy, which I have always liked as well (okay, they are actually the 31st century, but why quibble).

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

what happened that caused most of the muties to lose their powers anyway? I dont collect comics anymore so I am at a loss here.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Sentinel
Palladin

The Deific NMI wrote:what happened that caused most of the muties to lose their powers anyway? I dont collect comics anymore so I am at a loss here.

Wandas' hex power turned against mutants.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sentinel wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:what happened that caused most of the muties to lose their powers anyway? I dont collect comics anymore so I am at a loss here.

That explains alot :(
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Sentinel
Palladin

The Deific NMI wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

That explains alot :(

Sorry: There really was more to the story. You just caught me having surgery.
Or, making dinner, I forget which.

Seriously, read Avengers: Disassembled for the low-down on Wandas' Breakdown, then read House of M, and at the end of House Of M, you'll see Wanda grant the world a wish: "No More Mutants...".

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

sorry, nevermind. Not gonna blow my money on that many comics just to find out what happened.

If anyone else wants explain in a bit more detail, feel free.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Thank you
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

For the series "if the father is aroblem the sons will be the same"....What stupid thing! Probably at marvel they got very little ideas how to keep things going.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Sentinel
Palladin

The Deific NMI wrote:sorry, nevermind. Not gonna blow my money on that many comics just to find out what happened.

If anyone else wants explain in a bit more detail, feel free.

Wanda has been heading in this direction for quite some time.
The aforementioned children came about in the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series (second one) back in the mid-eighties. The children were revealed to be components of her hex power in Avengers West Coast, along with the dis-assembling of the Vision in issues #42-50, and Magneto influneced her to briefly become a villainess shortly thereafter. Immortus was revealed as the prime mover in her break-downs around the same time.
Things got better for her in the Busiek/Perez issues, but got worse during the Dis-Assembled series.

In order to do the series any sense of objective justice, you'd have to read them.
Subjectively, a lot of people weren't happy with the series.

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

powers return

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Sooner or later,someone will get the bright idea to use the Cosmic Cube to undo everything Wanda did.
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

If they can find it. It was last seen in the hands of bucky. Its disappeared as he did. When he was seen next at the army base. The cube was no where in site. (Note that was the last issue of Captain america (the new issue came out today :D , not that has anything to do with anything))
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
Marrowlight
Knight

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Lord Cherico wrote:of course they will as sure as jean grey will come back

Why are people continually surprised that someone named "The Phoenix" keeps coming back to life?

Especially since, most of the time, she doesn't actually die to begin with.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Gomen_Nagai

People always confuse Pheonix, with Jean Grey, with Rachel Summers, With Grandmother Aiwase
Last edited by Gomen_Nagai on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Re: powers return

Captain Shiva wrote:Sooner or later,someone will get the bright idea to use the Cosmic Cube to undo everything Wanda did.
yup got to love marvel for that, or use Mastermind or Proteus or have it as something Thanos did with the Infinity Gauntlet.
:D hell i should go write for marvel
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Marrowlight
Knight

Mech-Viper wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:Sooner or later,someone will get the bright idea to use the Cosmic Cube to undo everything Wanda did.
yup got to love marvel for that, or use Mastermind or Proteus or have it as something Thanos did with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Since two of the three people you mentioned are dead and have been for years....yes, I'd say you'd be perfect as a Marvel writer - that's about as aware as most of them seem to be these days. :)

not a stab at you but them, keep in mind. :D
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Marrowlight wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

Since two of the three people you mentioned are dead and have been for years....yes, I'd say you'd be perfect as a Marvel writer - that's about as aware as most of them seem to be these days. :)

remember only a select few remain dead in marvel, and yes i know mastermind and proteus are dead but the entire past could be written off as a dream crafted by either mastermind or Proteus or both working togethor in some plan to destroy the X-Men

Marrowlight
Knight

Mech-Viper wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

remember only a select few remain dead in marvel, and yes i know mastermind and proteus are dead but the entire past could be written off as a dream crafted by either mastermind or Proteus or both working togethor in some plan to destroy the X-Men

Honestly most do remain dead, especially third tier characters like Proteus and Mastermind. But I can't see marvel tossing aside a decade of published issues - that's more a DC thing. :D

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”