"Fleets of the Three Galaxies" - done!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

"Fleets of the Three Galaxies" - done!

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

As of Sunday, 9:30 EST, Fleets of the Three Galaxies is done. All that remains is a quick brush-up edit courtesy of my wife, Holly-Ann, and then its off to Wayne Smith.

Wayne, incidentally, had better clear off a few days to read this 84-page epic. No joke.

Fleets covers 6 space forces in the Three Galaxies (CCW, TGE, UWW, the Splugorth, Golgan, and Altess) right down to their ranks and uniforms. It also includes 15 new starships, 6 notable NPC's and a in-depth essay on realistically using space fleets.

Dear God, I hope it sees print....
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Bravo, man. Can't wait to see it.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Dude!
Don't choke! Breathe...breathe..that's it...easy does it :D
Break a leg sir!
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: "Fleets of the Three Galaxies" - done!

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:As of Sunday, 9:30 EST, Fleets of the Three Galaxies is done. All that remains is a quick brush-up edit courtesy of my wife, Holly-Ann, and then its off to Wayne Smith.

Wayne, incidentally, had better clear off a few days to read this 84-page epic. No joke.

Fleets covers 6 space forces in the Three Galaxies (CCW, TGE, UWW, the Splugorth, Golgan, and Altess) right down to their ranks and uniforms. It also includes 15 new starships, 6 notable NPC's and a in-depth essay on realistically using space fleets.

Dear God, I hope it sees print....

Well, if not, there's always posting it as a net book yes?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Keep us informed.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

gadrin wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Dear God, I hope it sees print....

I think once you turn it in, it becomes their property and may not be re-released without PB's permission.

That's about the size of it.
Once they have it...it's not your child anymore...period.

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

DhAkael wrote:
gadrin wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Dear God, I hope it sees print....

I think once you turn it in, it becomes their property and may not be re-released without PB's permission.

That's about the size of it.
Once they have it...it's not your child anymore...period.

Hrm, I seem to recall you used to be able to submit articles you already had on the web to the Rifter - and I didn't see where you had to then take it off your web page once you'd submitted it. Maybe the rules have just changed, or maybe I'm just nutty! :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:ok: Good job! Hope to see it and buy it soon! :ok:
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Is this for a serialized publication in the RIFTER or is this for a small source book?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Braden Campbell

I realized the other night that 84 pages is only 42 printed back to back... so maybe two 21-page installments in the Rifter...?

I have some ideas to pad it out, including a section on Trade Federations, Mercantilus Unions, and Space Pirates.

And I am trying to come up with star ship construction rules that are ballanced and fair... but it ain't easy!

All up to Mr. Smith, I suppose...
Braden, GMPhD

The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Well, if you follow the submission guidelines and submit an unformatted manuscript in 10 point font, once you take in art considerations you will generally get about 2/3 of your preliminary count. So you are looking at about 60 pages once its complete. See if you can pack more into it and get a 96 page Sourcebook. Eitherway, I'm looking forward to it.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I know I'm late on comments. And I look forward to this book, but did you think about or actually put in stats for generic ships and fleets?
Something to represent other minor races/empires/etc.? I was thinking along the lines of Wayne Breaux's 'generic' ships at the end of Aliens Unlimited. Possibly even like the ships in Galaxy guide. The AU stuff only took up two pages, and tweaked alittle for PW would work nicely.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Marrowlight
Knight

Actually, as another late comer comment - the mig thread got me thinking. Did you include any tech theft concepts into the submission? The CCW got access to THIS 200 years ago by stealing it from the Splugorth, etc, etc type concepts? Or is everyone basically in isolated progressive development for their gear?

GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

I'm looking forward to this book.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Braden Campbell

did you think about or actually put in stats for generic ships and fleets?
Something to represent other minor races/empires/etc.?

I am thinking coming up with a starship creation guide that would cover this. Typical Runner, Merchant, and Pirate craft will appear in my new article, Trade Federations and Mercantillus Unions.

Did you include any tech theft concepts into the submission?

Yes. The Kittani technology is reverse engineered from the Mechanoids. The entire UWW would not exist if it weren't for the Splugorth. The CCW is building dreadnought super carriers to keep pace with the TGE (from whom they stole the engine designs). The Kreeghor have built a Phase Missile Cruiser thanks to four Prometheans who all failed their Tests of Maturity. And the Golgan are talking to themselves... ;)
Braden, GMPhD

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

if it sees print, i'll consider buying the issue it came out in and using it in my vast arena of already made Starships in my games
Marrowlight
Knight

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Yes. The Kittani technology is reverse engineered from the Mechanoids. The entire UWW would not exist if it weren't for the Splugorth. The CCW is building dreadnought super carriers to keep pace with the TGE (from whom they stole the engine designs). The Kreeghor have built a Phase Missile Cruiser thanks to four Prometheans who all failed their Tests of Maturity. And the Golgan are talking to themselves... ;)

Hrm...doesn't the Kittani bit contradict their origins there? Been a while since I've read WB2 so possibly not, but something about that tweaks my memory.

Braden Campbell

Before becoming Splugorth minions, the Kittani fought a long and brutal war against the Mechanoids... and apparently did a great deal of damage to them before loosing.

During the conflict, I have said, they managed to reverse engineer some of the powerful beam weaponry found on Mechanoid ships (since they all have Telemechanics, this is not hard to believe).
Braden, GMPhD

Marrowlight
Knight

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Before becoming Splugorth minions, the Kittani fought a long and brutal war against the Mechanoids... and apparently did a great deal of damage to them before loosing.

During the conflict, I have said, they managed to reverse engineer some of the powerful beam weaponry found on Mechanoid ships (since they all have Telemechanics, this is not hard to believe).

Ahh, well some technology I can see - just the way I intially read what you said, it sounded like you were saying all Kittani tech was from reverse engineering the Mechanoids.

Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Nice to see that some of us aren't just sitting on our tushes...

I hope you included some type of "fuzzy" R.C.C. to counter the Star Wars "care bears"...nothing like a shoulder cannon carrying teddy-bear to add some character to the game...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Took ya long enough, slow poke.

:P

((But congrats, nevertheless. :ok: ))

~ Josh
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

i won't obey your OBEY.
Braden Campbell

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Took ya long enough, slow poke.

:P

~ Josh

I write when I can: between preparing meals, cleaning the house, going out to playgroup... its time consuming being a stay-at-home Dad.

That and I edit my stuff many, many times.
Braden, GMPhD

Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jack Daniels »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:
I edit my stuff many, many times.

That'll be a welcome change if the book makes it to print.
Braden Campbell

It has many big words in it as well.
Braden, GMPhD

Marrowlight
Knight

Braden, GMPhD wrote:It has many big words in it as well.

Nooooo, not big words. I don't want to have to break out my Pictionary and my Thesseus :? :lol: :?

Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jack Daniels »

Marrowlight wrote:

Nooooo, not big words. I don't want to have to break out my Pictionary and my Thesseus :? :lol: :?

Did you mean to say Pictionary? Cause that's pretty funny if you did, but even funnier if you didn't.
Marrowlight
Knight

Jack Daniels wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Did you mean to say Pictionary? Cause that's pretty funny if you did, but even funnier if you didn't.

Yeah, I did. Same reason I said Thesseus instead of Thesaurus.

Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Question: Do you go into crew make up?
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Braden Campbell

Not really. But there are ranks in the native languages of the fleet makers.
Braden, GMPhD

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”