Evolved Humans?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Evolved Humans?

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Some time last week before I signed up, I was reading through the massive 'New Powers' thread over in the HU section. I remembered seeing 'evolved humans' being mentioned who use Bio-E to acquire powers. I was just hoping someone could give me the rundown on what is involved, since my ATB collection is sadly sparse.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Basically its the same as presented in the Transdimensional Turtles book.
The human starts with all characteristics in "Full" and has to sell them to gain Bio-E as well as by the purchasing of vestigial defects.
Then he uses any acquired Bio-E to get diferent animal weapons/powers or if allowed by the GM, super powers from HU
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I should dig up my notes on the Retro Tribes, but I want to see if Palladium (or a fan, via the Rifter) will ever print anything on the Free Plains of Cattle.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

BookWyrm wrote:I should dig up my notes on the Retro Tribes, but I want to see if Palladium (or a fan, via the Rifter) will ever print anything on the Free Plains of Cattle.

The Free Plains area is so large that one would probably want to touch on the different tribes and city ruins that are located there. But I agree, it's one area that I would like to see expanded upon.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I could see it broken up into 3-4 parts, if it made it to the Rifter.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

BookWyrm wrote:I could see it broken up into 3-4 parts, if it made it to the Rifter.

I wouldn't want it that detailed...AtB2 is traditionally ambiguous and I for one prefer it that way.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

gordyzx9r wrote:I wouldn't want it that detailed...AtB2 is traditionally ambiguous and I for one prefer it that way.

Some flavor would be nice though. Maybe flesh out two of the nomadic tribes (including Weschek the Wise's tribe), and a couple cities of various size and condition (after all, they weren't all destroyed by bombs).

~Nekira Sudacne
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Rali wrote:
gordyzx9r wrote:I wouldn't want it that detailed...AtB2 is traditionally ambiguous and I for one prefer it that way.

Some flavor would be nice though. Maybe flesh out two of the nomadic tribes (including Weschek the Wise's tribe), and a couple cities of various size and condition (after all, they weren't all destroyed by bombs).

I've had it in the back of my head to write up the Minneapolis/St Paul area as an area that survived the bombs, but lost most of it's human population to other factors.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
gordyzx9r
Hero

I'm still a fan of mutually assured destruction...though I'm sure someone will want to use Trans/TMNT to bring a city into AtB2 Japan...oh wait, nevermind.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

gordyzx9r wrote:I'm still a fan of mutually assured destruction...though I'm sure someone will want to use Trans/TMNT to bring a city into AtB2 Japan...oh wait, nevermind.

:lol:

But seriously, there have been so many cutbacks and disarmament treaties in the past 15 years or so that any nuclear war would be bound to leave several major cities intact.

Hmmm, time for a new thread I think...
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Kalinda wrote:
gordyzx9r wrote:I'm still a fan of mutually assured destruction...though I'm sure someone will want to use Trans/TMNT to bring a city into AtB2 Japan...oh wait, nevermind.

But seriously, there have been so many cutbacks and disarmament treaties in the past 15 years or so that any nuclear war would be bound to leave several major cities intact.

I'm still an old AtB fan from the '80s...and personally I use '86 as 'the' date.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Kalinda wrote:

In "Mutants in Space", there are stats for orbital weapons platforms. So, one could say that those cities that weren't hit by nukes could have been bombarded by these orbital weapons. (See also 'The Power of Ali Komani' adventure that is in the back of both first and second edition AtB main books)

~Nekira Sudacne
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:As far as I can discern, despite the fact that the TMNT roleplaying game is best played in '86, the technologies evinced in Mutants in Orbit and even the base ATB1 book indicate a very high level of technology prior to the Bomb. Much of this appears to fall under the category of mad science, and there does seem to have been an indication between these two texts that, despite such advancements, the more things change the more they remain the same; even so, the extent of Pre-Prang orbital weaponry (such as Komani's, yes!) and the fact that the EoH hugs around a fusion generator clearly indicate something more advanced.

Ah hell. Just think of the frickin' McCarthy. It was commissioned in 1999!

No, '86 was never intended to be the date. It was just the height of real technology when this was published.

I still used the '80s regardless.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”