Seljuk starting PPE

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seljuk starting PPE

Unread post by Guest »

Can anybody tell me off the top of their heads what a Seljuk (I think that is the right name - the T-Rex lookin' aliens in Phase World...) starting PPE is?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

1d4.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread post by Guest »

Thank you. Greatly appreciated.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lynx8882 wrote:Shortest thread ever

Lynx

post count +1? :P
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

I forget, are the Seljuk unable to be mages?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

argos wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:I forget, are the Seljuk unable to be mages?

nope, because of the tragedy using up all their ppe or some thing like that. Its in PW.

Hmm, seemed to recall there being something like that. It eliminate their psychic potential as well then I take it? (and no ppe joke, I mean them being able to be mind melters and what not)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Marrowlight wrote:
argos wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:I forget, are the Seljuk unable to be mages?

nope, because of the tragedy using up all their ppe or some thing like that. Its in PW.

Hmm, seemed to recall there being something like that. It eliminate their psychic potential as well then I take it? (and no ppe joke, I mean them being able to be mind melters and what not)

their homeworld once had magic energy so much higher than Rifts it was essentially a magical malestrom. nearly all life on the planet became supernatural just by living there, and hte ley line storms were so bad they would level cities weeks after they were built.

in the the end, the Shamans, immensicly powerful in their own right after generations of living in such a magic-infused world, had had enough. they devised a ritual that would turn the dimensional energies back on itself, turning the planet into a dimensionally dead zone, where rifts could NOT be opened at all and magic energy to calm down.

the ritual was immense, in order to get enough energy, every seljik alive not only gave a permant sacrafise of all their PPE, but actually gave up the potential for future generations to have any magic ability.

in fact even that wasn't enough to change the world, and an imensially powerful being (Cosmic Forge) stepped in and doubled their total power long enough to complete the ritual

the ritual worked, and it calmed down to a peaceful planet. but no seljuk ever had more than a handful of PPE, and none could ever work magic again.

KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

But their psionic potential is roughly the same as humans.

So, go for Seljuk Gizmoteeers and Mind Melters. :-D

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Who started this thread anyway?

I only ask because, whomever it was, their account is now gone.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Marrowlight
Knight

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Who started this thread anyway?

Rev Frank I'd imagine. I think that was his name....Nekira quoted him and the quote name survived in another of his threads.

Marrowlight
Knight

KLM wrote:But their psionic potential is roughly the same as humans.

So, go for Seljuk Gizmoteeers and Mind Melters. :-D

Adios
KLM

Cool thanks, that's what I was looking for. They'd make a fun Burster/Zapper race.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Who started this thread anyway?

it was Rev. Frank, he got fed up with the argumentive tone of the boards and asked the mods to delete his account.

Marrowlight
Knight

Lynx8882 wrote:thanks alot guys (and Nekira) this was sapose to be a short thread :P

Lynx

Not like you're helping to make it any shorter....shoo kitty. :)

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”