Transwarp from Star Trek

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

without going into conversions, which i can't do here, the info you seek can be found at http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/, which has a very good explanation of how warpdrive and other FTL tech in star trek works.

look under 'warp propulsion'

i cannot tell you how it works in phase world stats, because that is a different companies intellectual property, and to convert it would see me banned.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Transwarp, as used by the Borg, would seem to tunnel under normal space, thereby allowing vessels to travel at stupendous velocities. Closest thing in Phase World right now would be the Rift Jump Drive.

HOWEVER.... the Intruders might have Transwarp, which would let their little ships rip around at speeds 10x faster than normal... so 100 light years an hour. not too shabby in terms of the Three Galaxies.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

sorry, conversions are illegal.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread post by Guest »

his thread has been locked for violating the Message Board Rules. It violates Rule 6. Any posts attempting to reopen this subject will be summarily removed with no explanation. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.

Please read the Palladium Board Rules.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”