I need help with The rules

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

You can find guide lines on the perception rolls in Nightbane and in RUE (mabye in the G.M's Guide, but I don't think so). For max running per melee, you just kind of have to wing it, I'm not aware of any real cannon rules for it (I'd say, figure per minute, divied that by 4, then the number of actions the person has).

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
The Immortal ME
Explorer

Unread post by The Immortal ME »

While it does not explicitly says it, the Spd. attribute is the number of feet per second the character can move. According to pg. 16 of the main book "the Spd. times 20 is the number of yards or meters that the character can run in one minute." Following from that, the Spd. times 5 is the number of yards or meters the character can run in one melee. As a matter of convenience, you could probably say that the Spd. is approx. the number of yard or meters the character can run in one attack.

The description of the swimming skills tells you how fast and how long you can swim. Coming from a background of competative swimming, I have to tell you that it is a "little" bogus. With a P.S. of about 16 or higher you would totally destroy the current world record for the 50 freestyle in a single melee, and be able to maintain the pace for your P.E. in minutes. Yeah, right. With a P.S. and P.E. of 12 you would completely destroy the world record for the 1650 freestyle (~1 mile). I wish. This is from a skill that gives a rudamentary knowledge of techniques, no less.

[Edit:] By "destroy," I mean beat the NCAA Division one record as of last year by about two seconds and 2 minutes, respectively. The world record in meters is about 2.5 seconds slower than the NCAA division one record in yards for the 50 freestyle, so the difference is even more extreme if you're a metric kind of guy.
- The Immortal ME

Sic itur ad astra.
"There are some who call me ... TIM?
(All factual statements based on personal recollection only unless otherwise attributed. May not actually be factual.)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: I need help with The rules

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Carelesscarebear wrote:How do i figure out perception Rolls

import the rules from Nightbane

from combat skill,

no bonus to preception from combat skill, or are you asking something else

flip

acrobatics/gymnastics, any % that adds to physical skills applys

leap

there are no rules for leap. make something up.

run maxmelee ft/melee and ft/attack

your movement in yards per minute is your speed attributex20. x3 to get feet per minute. /4 to get feet per mele. /*insert number of attacks per melee* to get feet per attack.

swim ft/melee and ft/attack

read swimming to get your speed swimming, then apply the same formulas above.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Carelesscarebear wrote:ok i have a few more questions,how do i determine knock out, critical, death?

All of those are based on your hand to hand skill (or boxing, the case of knock-out).

You have to declare that you're going to try for a knock-out or death blow and roll a natural number determined by your hand to hand skill (usually between 18 and 20).

Critical strikes are any natural 20 or higher, and sometimes natural 19s or 18s, if you have advanced skill in your hand to hand.

Really, most of this can be gained by simply reading the combat section of the book.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”