Ice-based enemies?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pax Concord
D-Bee

Ice-based enemies?

Unread post by Pax Concord »

I'm trying to come up with a sort of anti-adventuring party as a foil for the party I'm GMing. Each character will have a nemesis of sort in the enemy party; one which will be fun to fight against.

One of the characters is a Nimro Fire Giant Mystic OCC. I'm trying to come up with an ice-based opponent as a foil. Something able to use magic would be good. Any ideas? There's a frost giant of some sort (Algor? Algol?) but that's a bit too blatant "mirroring," methinks. I'll use it if there's nothing better, but I'm sure that there must be SOMETHING!
-Pax
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Ice Monster(elemental): Dark Conversions
Winter Storm Ice Demon: Dark Conversions
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

the problem with ice mosnters is they are frequently vulnerable to fire-based attacks, putting them at as much of a disadvantage as a fire giant would be. My advice is to send them against an enemy that is completely impervious to fire (like many demons, check out the red flame demons in Dark Conversions especially), or place the giant in an environment where fire does not work (i.e. a vacuum or underwater).
warlocks are good too.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I'd go with the Winter Storm Ice Demons, from the Northern Hinterlands (I think MD stats are also in Dark Conversions), and mabye beef it up if needed. If you want someone who's really powerful, give them the item Heart of Ice, also from Hinterlands.

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

A HU styled mutant with Ice powers is another possibility.

How about a Techno-Wizard with ice based weapons and armour that's impervious to fire and/or a lightning rod that makes him impervious to energy?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Return to “Rifts®”