Dimension Riders

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Mezosoic land, rifter 22 (IIRC)
alternately, Trans-Dimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

gadrin wrote:well, I may just go with the LeatherWing in New West or the Klied from Skraypers, since in the Rifts Notes it mentions they can learn magic.

Either way they should have enough Bio-E to have a few extra RCC goodies, or use the built-in ones for the Klied (which are formidable creatures).

I just like that name: Urdi-Mbre nice touch Carl :ok:

Thank Todd Yoho for that one. The whole mutant Pterosaur was his idea. He made up the whole character if I recall correctly.

Carl
ImageImage
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Carl Gleba wrote:
gadrin wrote:well, I may just go with the LeatherWing in New West or the Klied from Skraypers, since in the Rifts Notes it mentions they can learn magic.

Either way they should have enough Bio-E to have a few extra RCC goodies, or use the built-in ones for the Klied (which are formidable creatures).

Thank Todd Yoho for that one. The whole mutant Pterosaur was his idea. He made up the whole character if I recall correctly.

Carl

let me guess, Urdi-Mbre comes from a PFRPG type world where multiple intelligent races exist, all decended from dinosaurs?
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Carl Gleba

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

Carl

let me guess, Urdi-Mbre comes from a PFRPG type world where multiple intelligent races exist, all decended from dinosaurs?

I think more from ATB.

Carl
ImageImage
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

just asking. one of the pre-gens i got during the Dinosaur Swamp game at origins 04 had that back ground, so i was curious. :)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Carl Gleba

I sent Todd a PM. Since it was his game I'm not sure so maybe he can fill us in?

Carl
ImageImage
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Now that's a blast from the past. Wow. I don't have Megaverse Builder handy, but I'll see what I can remember...

As I recall, Carl had asked me for an idea or two about characters from other worlds that could be used in Megaverse Builder. I'm old, so my memory may be going here, but I'm pretty sure this was right about when MesozoicLand was featured in the Rifter and I tossed the character name and concept at him. If you look closely in Megaverse Builder, you'll find MesozoicLand listed as a potential random location. I don't have the book handy for a page reference, but it's in there...

Anyway, I was also telling Carl about how I use foreign language dictionaries for interesting character names. Now, I'm a huge fan of easter eggs/puns/double meanings, and all of my works are just littered with them. That's half of my fun when it comes to writing. So, I figured a Spanish noun for "warp/thread in a pattern" (and also means "scheming/shifting") is appropriate for a dimensional traveler. Insert a hyphen and bam! instant character.

For rules info and character templates, take a look at Rifters #23 and #24. #23 has the templates for the mutant dinos, and #24 has the setting info for ATB MesozoicLand.

As for Urdi-Mbre, he doesn't like to talk about his past, so his homeworld is open for debate...
Insert 400 character limit here.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Hey, that's cool!
Insert 400 character limit here.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”