Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum with Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

If Upcoming BTS-2 Supplements Tome Grotesque and beyond Arcanum had Rifts conversion notes in would you buy it?

Yes I think it's a great idea - It will cater for BTS and Rifts fans alike
48%
Yes - If it will bring out more BTS-2 products so be it.
35%
Not really that bothered, have no real interest either way.
4%
No, I want to keep the two genres seperate.
13%
Other; please specify.
No votes

Total votes: 23

Fyrpower
Explorer

Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum with Rifts

Unread post by Fyrpower »

After long discussions regarding the delays of 2 future BTS-2 Supplements Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum, I have decided to post a poll to see what everyone else thinks about this. Hopefully it will give Kev some incentive to get these products out if the results work out how I think they will.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I prefer, for game balance purposes, to keep the monsters, magic etc seperate between the two genres.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

In my opinion, all boooks, should have notes about combining them with the other game systmes, in that note, I would like for all other future rifts World Books to include notes for their particular region during the time of the cataclysm/Chaos Earth setting.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

I wouldn't mind a multi-setting book. In fact, if the did that with the BTS2 series I'd consider picking them up for supplemental purposes to my Rifts game.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

Greyaxe wrote:I prefer, for game balance purposes, to keep the monsters, magic etc seperate between the two genres.

I have to disagree with you here, when Dragons and Gods came out for Palladium Fantasy I thought it was a brilliant idea to have Rifts conversion notes for each god, dragon etc. within the description. At the end of the day, I'm not looking at a "Oh this is actually a Rifts sourcebook and not a BTS sourcebook conversion" but a few conversion notes wouldn't hurt and would get myself and a lot of other people who don't play BTS interested, if I end up liking them, then perhaps I would buy the actual BTS core book myself! That's not such a bad thing is it?
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Greeter
Wanderer

Unread post by Greeter »

I'd love for them to have conversion notes.

Actually, I would love an update on the Old Ones for Rifts. :)
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!

Return to “Rifts®”