Say you met your character...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lady_coldstrife
D-Bee

Say you met your character...

Unread post by lady_coldstrife »

A rift opens up and you (the player, person) actually met your character. (assuming s/he didn't know you were the creator and wanted to kill you for giving them such a twisted backstory!).

If you happened to meet your character, would you get along? Would you hate eachother? What would happen?

:D ^_^ just wondering.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

My Psi-Tech would probably like me. He's an easy going guy...the Bioroid pilot would be his best bet though. Similar no-nonsense yet social attudes.
He'd like the VF pilot and tweak out the VF (or atleast get a scan of it...)

My Robotech Com-enigineer Donna..would probably ignore me and pay more attention to my Psi-tech. (both are tech orientated) she'd snub the VF pilot, and take a more cautious approach with Bioroid pilot.)

My second Comengineer/Bandit..she'd like Donna and the Psitech...Again Tech orientated. Anna would aslo get along with the VF pilot and Tyrolian..

My VF pilot and Tyrolian Bioroid pilot would stare then look for the nearest mecha to see who's better...

It would be interesting....and I'd be the only with out the girl... :-(
Last edited by Rimmerdal on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Ninjabunny wrote:I'd say Fox would most likeily ignore me and walk on :lol: fox is a heartless S.O.B.,

she's not that heartless....just a little.
taalismn wrote:

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I think Asher and I would get along...until someone contracted him to kill me. He's a Brutal Killer Headhunter and doesn't F#%$ around.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I think I would stare at Dev's ass untill something blocked my veiw, and I think she would think a world without magic and dee-bees terribly boring. But i don't think we would have that much trouble getting along.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Say you met your character...

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

lady_coldstrife wrote:A rift opens up and you (the player, person) actually met your character. (assuming s/he didn't know you were the creator and wanted to kill you for giving them such a twisted backstory!).

If you happened to meet your character, would you get along? Would you hate eachother? What would happen?

:D ^_^ just wondering.

Depends.
I'd likely get along with Killer Cyborg, he's pretty laid back.
I wouldn't be likely to get along with Basil unless we had a common enemy.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I think we would get along, Kalinda is always interested in new people and places.

The big issue is that she's a rogue scholar, so she would want to explore our time period and get as many books as possible, which would mean that I'd have to hide her and help her. All manner of wackiness would no doubt ensue...
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Mmm... Molly'd get bored of me pretty quick, I think, not that we wouldn't get along or anything. It'd be just that I'm too square and dull for a slightly bent GSDog Girl like her. She'd probably go out partying or maybe pick a fight someplace. :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Hmmm..

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

First I would hidde and seek some heavy weapons, if I encounter my Ice Dragon Hatchling Stuart. But in the end, I would like him - he is a good guy, ah dragon. Maybe he could teach me same spells :D. I do not believe, that he will let me touch his Run Sword Aliona :(.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

If I met Marrow Drinker? Dear god -- he'd eat me. Blasted Pogtal and all.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Mithral wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:If I met Marrow Drinker? Dear god -- he'd eat me. Blasted Pogtal and all.
Isn't it great playing a character who you know would eat you in real life?

Yes, yes it is.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Marrowlight wrote:
Mithral wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:If I met Marrow Drinker? Dear god -- he'd eat me. Blasted Pogtal and all.
Isn't it great playing a character who you know would eat you in real life?

Yes, yes it is.

that and threaten to tear his character sheet in half....
taalismn wrote:

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Richard Damemurder, the NGR Don Juan RPA pilot, would completely ignore me, as I'm not a) a woman or b)something to fight.

Oswald, the Rogue Scholar, would really be interested in learning everything he could from me.

Xar, the Chiang-ku Earth Warlock, wouldn't give me the time of day, unless I needed saving, or had something he needed. If people need help, his good tendencies make him act...Otherwise his anarchist alignment, Elemental connection and alien nature makes him distant and aloof. (I know that's redundant. It was on purpose.)
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

He would kick my ass
The Phoenix is Coming!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Bambi Carruthers the Full Conversion Cyborg would probably regard me with amusement, being a rustic, worldy type. who'd likely accompany me to my job(librarian) and browse through the books (especially the mechanics and cooking sections). He'd like our world, but would be dumbfounded by some of the intolerance and stupid behavior, but he'd also enjoy the relative peace, quiet, and prosperity. He'd also start looking for some action....country work(he's a former lumberjack), or maybe security work.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”