I have a minor annoyance with BtS Second

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

You're reading too deeply into it.

~ Josh
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well I'm sure the inclusion of such a class itself is primed for controversy, but I doubt Kevin intentionaly portrayed Autistic individuals in such a light. I'd chalk it up to a lack ofdetailed information available to him.

He also makes it seem, within the class, that not all Autistic individuals are like this class and thee is some variety. He just seems to set the are low on classic Autism.

He also doens't mention Autism Spectrum disorders - which could be represented in other classes (heck, perhaps all the PCCs are Autistic-Spectrum after a fashion). The Natural/Genius are obvious, but a lot of the sensetive types (Sensitive, Diviner, etc) seem to process the world in a different way than the rest of us. The physical oriented psychics (Firewalker, Ghost Hunter, Healer, etc) and the Psi Mechanic and the Nega-Psychic might be a strange, outward focused Autistic Spectrum where their brain influences reality in order to match it's perceptions rather than their brain influencing perceptions of reality.

Just some htoughts, with my, admitedly limited, understanding of Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:You're reading too deeply into it.

~ Josh

Agreed.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

mindwyr wrote:

~ Josh

Agreed.

Third.

Want to know where he got the idea for the Autistic Child? Watch Rose Red.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Winter wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

~ Josh

Agreed.

Third.

Is that a Stephen King novel made into a movie???

I think so. It seemed like a stephen king movie (they kinda stand out), but the movie was ok.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

dark brandon wrote:
Winter wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

~ Josh

Agreed.

Third.

I think so. It seemed like a stephen king movie (they kinda stand out), but the movie was ok.

Well, Stephen King does make a cameo in the movie (as a pizza guy), and he usually does cameos in his own movies (AFAIK he has never done a cameo in a movie that wasn't his own).

~ Josh
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
Winter wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
mindwyr wrote:

~ Josh

Agreed.

Third.

Well, Stephen King does make a cameo in the movie (as a pizza guy), and he usually does cameos in his own movies (AFAIK he has never done a cameo in a movie that wasn't his own).

Mo9nkeybone
~ Josh
Genhuman
Wanderer

Unread post by Genhuman »

It was never a book.... went straight to the mini-series

Another author did a book, writing as a character from the movie (Joyce Rearden, and no, thats not one of Stephen's pen names)

I think it was called.."The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red"

Its possible that the book came first.. yeah.. looking now.. it did... came out in January of 2001... movie didn't come out until 2002
My mother was a test tube, my father was a knife.

More human than human.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”