any ideas for a PC in a high powered Tolkeen war campaign?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

any ideas for a PC in a high powered Tolkeen war campaign?

Unread post by bielmic »

the long term low power campaign i was involved in was recently rebooted into a high power tolkeen war campaign and i'm stuck looking for a new pc. some ideas that i've floated by the GM were an undead slayer, antimonster cyborg, holy terror, and cosmoknight; unfortunately, all were too "goodie two shoes" for the GM's view of the campaign. i have almost every book up until south america 2 and the GM has the rest so that's not a problem.

what i'm looking for is a supernatural MDC powerhouse with supernatural strength and not too big of a size (around 12ft height max). since the GM is somewhat stingy on equipment (probably even more so in a war torn environment), i don't want to have to depend on constant refueling/restocking. if it's a power armor or cyborg, it should be able to heal itself. weapons should be rechargeable in the field (whether through the NG energy pack or otherwise). he stated that he doesn't want duplicate PCs so no superhero, Glitterboy, or a grackstugh (sp?) cyberknight (yeah, i know, he allowed this but not the other goodie guys above...).

hopefully the collective might of the bulletin board can come up with a PC that can satisfy me and the GM. thanks ahead of time for any help!
Vladamir Krophski
Explorer

Unread post by Vladamir Krophski »

Monster Brodkil Tattoo Man :?
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." Herodotus
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

catus people vagabond
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Gene tech, you could make a mint and then some with replacement limbs and cloned soilders.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

Convince him to let you play a Lizard Mage :D
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Starmage21 wrote:Convince him to let you play a Lizard Mage :D
:shock:

why not just go godling, it would be slightly less munchkin.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

LOL I know, was a joke.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I'm sorry, I should not automaticly assume wanting to play a godling or even a lizard mage is munchkin, there are perfectly legitimate reasons for playing both in a high powered game.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

some good ideas so far...

Unread post by bielmic »

can you actually play a brodkil tattoed man? i thought it was limited to humans and similar types... gargoyles are too big (tall) but maybe a gurgoyle...

the lizard mage is definitely powerful but might be too powerful. (don't they have a 1000 mdc and thousands of ppe?) adult dragons would also be out i'm guessing. i'll keep it on my list of things to run by him; heck, if he says yes, who am i to complain.

the titan juicer (strangely enough) is a good idea but i played a regular juicer in the previous version of his campaign so too similar.

any ideas from the tolkeen books? one of the things i thought of during some downtime at work was possibly a headhunter or some type of pilot with the demon power armor from rifts: mercs. that sounds like it might fit in with the "who's the greater evil" arc of the tolkeen fight. any ideas for pilots that can fit in it that have high PE or vs. magic saves so i don't turn into a demon in 5 games?

keep the ideas coming and thanks for the help! i'll compile a list before the character generation session next friday.
MikePGS
D-Bee

Re: some good ideas so far...

Unread post by MikePGS »

bielmic wrote:can you actually play a brodkil tattoed man? i thought it was limited to humans and similar types... gargoyles are too big (tall) but maybe a gurgoyle...

the lizard mage is definitely powerful but might be too powerful. (don't they have a 1000 mdc and thousands of ppe?) adult dragons would also be out i'm guessing. i'll keep it on my list of things to run by him; heck, if he says yes, who am i to complain.

the titan juicer (strangely enough) is a good idea but i played a regular juicer in the previous version of his campaign so too similar.

any ideas from the tolkeen books? one of the things i thought of during some downtime at work was possibly a headhunter or some type of pilot with the demon power armor from rifts: mercs. that sounds like it might fit in with the "who's the greater evil" arc of the tolkeen fight. any ideas for pilots that can fit in it that have high PE or vs. magic saves so i don't turn into a demon in 5 games?

keep the ideas coming and thanks for the help! i'll compile a list before the character generation session next friday.

My friend played a Lizard Mage before and was just whipping out spell after spell... only then did he realize it would take him forever to get his PPE back, lol... Why not try a dragon hatchling?
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Demi-god with the one godling power of Magic. Demigod OCC is fairly open so he can pick from a variety of choices to compliment his magic or not.

I always thought about making a Demigod with the magic power and make hime a Techno Wizard. By the time he got to lever 6 or 7 he would be scary powerful in a high powered game.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
rc_brooks
Explorer

Unread post by rc_brooks »

an Anti-Monster was too goodie-to-shoes? I didn't think they were that altruistic.

anyhow

Bring in a nightbane. Imagine a NB having enough trouble trying to figure out what they are and how to survive in their own world, then suddenly a magic user decides the action is terrible enough that he needs some dark help, a rifts opens up and suddenly you find yourself facing a world you have only glimpsed in issues of heavy metal... with maybe a tad less nudity :) After you stop screaming, and if you survive, you have to figure out the new mess you are in.

Almost anything out of the Phase world book is going to have a heavy hand.

or

In the Mania to defeat the CS, Tolkeen is secretly capturing people for adverse experiments to create a superbeing. After having worked as a Scholar for many years one night hurrying home people grab you out of the dark. You wake to find yourself magically bound and only after agreeing to a magical contract to defend Tolkeen do your captors release you. Your new body is unlike anything you have known before. Power and agony courses through your now inhuman body like a profane symphony. Once you are done with the CS, someone in Tolkeen is going to answer some questions. You are a magical experiment from Tolkeen, break out the HU book and make the CSs worst nightmare.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Just some ideas off the top of my head, some likely more powerful than your GM is wanting, but none are stereotypically goody-two shoes. Some are repeats from above, I didn't take the time to read all the suggestions.

Something from HU (could be a rogue Invincible Guardsman or a splicer experiment): If you really want to ruin the Coalition's day, choose Catastrophic System Failure as one of your powers. :P But then you'd probably single-handedly change the tide of any battle you participate in, and every CS juicer and cyborg and assassination squad will be pointed in your direction.

Machine Person

Splugorth Juicer or Mega Juicer

Bio-Borg

Kreeghor

Dragon hatchling

Temporal Raider (nothing goody-two shoes about them :P)

Godling

could be one of the magus OCCs bonded to one of the battle constructs.

Wolfen Quatoria for a self-repairing cyborg

one of the werebeasts

neo-human

Nightbane
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Kremin Cyborg from Coalition War Machine

Battle Magus from Federation of Magic

Amazon from SA 1 or 2

Sea Titan from Rifts Underseas

Neo-Human from SA 1 or 2

Megaversal Legion, either the human, cyborg or Ojahee version from SA 1 or 2

Mystic Kyzuna from Mystic Russia

Naruni Repobot from Phase World

Sea Inquisitor from Rifts Underseas

Phoenixia from Rifts Africa

would be my suggestions
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:Neo-Human from SA 1 or 2

Phoenixia from Rifts Africa

Those would be my suggestions too. Rather powerful and only as "goodie two-shoes" as you decide to play them.

You could also try a Fallen Cosmo-Knight, since a Cosmo-Knight is too good for your GM.

Have you considered a Night-Bane?
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Robot,

With Computer programming/Robot Mechanics at 94% (So he can repair himself). Initially, your robot is Mr Skillz with enough MDC and Reflexes to keep himself alive.

Add a forearm plasma beam, in the old book thems things were burst-able and since Mr Robot has infinite ammo, that means he can do his (6d6+6)x5 attacks whenever he likes (average 130 MD). You can add retractable vibroblades, etc... but any burstable implanted energy weapon is a must. Accuracy.. not so much until you hit 3rd level (when you take Weapon Prof... or Boxing.. or Power armor, no limits are given on secondary skills)

Now this Robot can't have too impressive combat programming initially, but if your party can capture a combat robot (How hard can it be to find a Skelebot near Tolkeen), have your Bot capture the robot, dismantle him and 'download' the combat program (remember, your bot has all the computer/mechanics skills at 94%, so he's got the mojo to upgrade himself, he just needs the access).

If you can get a Triax Dynabot, you've got major skills at 94%, Enough Weapon Proficiencies to keep yourself going, and Hnd-Hnd Martial Arts at 11th level.
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Having played a mind melter to 14th level, i can safely say it would work for what you want. I cant get into all of it here, but seriously look into it.
For tanks, mega juicer.
Actually, in my campaign, i have a person playing an Achilles neo-human.
She is simply amazing. I'd look at that too.

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Nightmaster
Hero

Unread post by Nightmaster »

DamonS wrote:Robot,

With Computer programming/Robot Mechanics at 94% (So he can repair himself). Initially, your robot is Mr Skillz with enough MDC and Reflexes to keep himself alive.

Add a forearm plasma beam, in the old book thems things were burst-able and since Mr Robot has infinite ammo, that means he can do his (6d6+6)x5 attacks whenever he likes (average 130 MD). You can add retractable vibroblades, etc... but any burstable implanted energy weapon is a must. Accuracy.. not so much until you hit 3rd level (when you take Weapon Prof... or Boxing.. or Power armor, no limits are given on secondary skills)

Now this Robot can't have too impressive combat programming initially, but if your party can capture a combat robot (How hard can it be to find a Skelebot near Tolkeen), have your Bot capture the robot, dismantle him and 'download' the combat program (remember, your bot has all the computer/mechanics skills at 94%, so he's got the mojo to upgrade himself, he just needs the access).

If you can get a Triax Dynabot, you've got major skills at 94%, Enough Weapon Proficiencies to keep yourself going, and Hnd-Hnd Martial Arts at 11th level.

The robot character can have military skill at start too. The entry on the part about selecting skill programs say that:
"Initial skill programs are part of the bot's basic construction and are not purchased with funds from the robots construction budget"

After selecting the skill programs you desire you go to the special features section and purchase the Expanded Memory addon for the bot and voila you now have a Neural Intelligence bot with 6 skill programs (2 of then free for you to choose).
Pronema
D-Bee

Unread post by Pronema »

Chiang-Ku hatchling, Ley line walker or shifter

That way you have the ability to make tattoos for yourself and have the magical potential of a shifter.

The Chiang-Ku are the only dragon I know of that are allowed to take a O.C.C.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

rat_bastard wrote:Gene tech, you could make a mint and then some with replacement limbs and cloned soilders.
and have them lead by a Cyber-knight ,then they turn on the cyber-knight .... man that sounds like a good movie :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Nightmaster wrote:
DamonS wrote:Robot,

The robot character can have military skill at start too. The entry on the part about selecting skill programs say that:
"Initial skill programs are part of the bot's basic construction and are not purchased with funds from the robots construction budget"

After selecting the skill programs you desire you go to the special features section and purchase the Expanded Memory addon for the bot and voila you now have a Neural Intelligence bot with 6 skill programs (2 of then free for you to choose).

Sir, I salute you!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Play a bio bord tattoo man, from atlantis. Give him 6 tattoos (oger) and a whole pile of biowizardry. I strongly recomend the absurr life node with a bonus of 200 md. Eyes of elor and maybe some worms for psionics.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Play a bio borg tattoo man, from atlantis. Give him 6 tattoos (oger) and a whole pile of biowizardry. I strongly recomend the absurr life node with a bonus of 200 md. Eyes of elor and maybe some worms for psionics.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “Rifts®”