Explorers Unlimited Will be Attending

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Explorers Unlimited Will be Attending

Unread post by Augur »

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/ ... useMap.jpg

We are going to Palladium Books' Open House!

Look at the map above, if you live between where we do and the event location we encourage you to reply to this post so that EU can carpool and drive in a caravan of gamers!

We are going to book a room at a hotel and drive there on the 4th.

We are going to eat chilli cheese crack, drink soda, and game like the complete NERDS that we are!

We're going to drive back on the 7th and collapse from gaming exhaustion happy and contented.

Look forward to seeing you all there!
Last edited by Augur on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The boards don't allow posting of images, so you might want to provide a link. :)

Hope to see you there (I hope to see myself there as well).

~ Josh
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Re: Explorers Unlimited Will be Attending

Unread post by Augur »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
The Game Master wrote: We are going to eat chilli cheese crack,

:shock:

.......uh does chilli and cheese make the crack taste better or are you just hungry?

:? :P :?

PS: I-94 can be quite the nightmare on the west and east sides of the state. I would add an extra hour to your planned transit time just in case. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

:ok:

Thanks for the traffic advisory!

Chilli Cheese Crack is my IRL group's fond term for Chilli Cheese Corn Chips. Frito-Lay must lace the things with crack cocaine because it's nearly impossible to resist eating them!
ImageImageImage
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

No where near there so I'm still on my own for getting there, can you give me a link to the site you used to get your map?

I need to route my trip as well.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Augur »

Chaos wrote:No where near there so I'm still on my own for getting there, can you give me a link to the site you used to get your map?

I need to route my trip as well.

It's a tiny, out of the way webpage, but maybe you've heard of it:

Yahoo.com
:roll:
ImageImageImage
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

I'm going, but I think thats been deduced already,lol
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I would take you guys up on this offer as I do live in Chicago, and quite possibly could detour myself to meet you guys but....
I am leaving a day earlier. I plan on getting up to the Hotel on the 3rd.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Deific NMI wrote:I would take you guys up on this offer as I do live in Chicago, and quite possibly could detour myself to meet you guys but....

Me too, and I'll most likely be going by way of Chicago again this year (they don't still have the interchange torn up do they? That was a pain in the hind-quarters last year. :x ).

Hey, if I figure out when I'm coming through there I'll shoot you a PM. Maybe we could race to Detroit or something. :demon:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Warwolf wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:I would take you guys up on this offer as I do live in Chicago, and quite possibly could detour myself to meet you guys but....

Me too, and I'll most likely be going by way of Chicago again this year (they don't still have the interchange torn up do they? That was a pain in the hind-quarters last year. :x ).

Hey, if I figure out when I'm coming through there I'll shoot you a PM. Maybe we could race to Detroit or something. :demon:
Sounds like a plan.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

So, any residents of Chi-town know? Is 80 still torn up?
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

As one who drives it every day, I can attest that I-80 is still under construction by the state line, but not as bad as last year. Also, starting around 4/17, I-94 by I-65 in Indiana will be going under the knife with nightly lane closures. This has been your regularly scheduled traffic update.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Rimdall wrote:As one who drives it every day, I can attest that I-80 is still under construction by the state line, but not as bad as last year. Also, starting around 4/17, I-94 by I-65 in Indiana will be going under the knife with nightly lane closures. This has been your regularly scheduled traffic update.

Much appreciated! :ok:

That means I'll need to build in an extra 3-4 hours so I can make it to Detroit from Assumption by 4:30-5:00 PM on Thursday. Between the construction delays and the forgotten time-zone change, we made it just in time for the V.I.P. event last year. :?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Hey, by the way, Thanks again to the EU crew for being so fun to play with on in my Saturday night game.

You guys rock!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Not sure if I got to meet the E.U., but I hope you had fun. I believe 80 was still being working on, but I am not sure. My nav/GPS took my around Chicago.

I got from Bloomingdale to the Open House in 4 1/2 hours. About the same amount of time coming back.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Explorers Unlimited Will be Attending

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

The Game Master wrote:Chilli Cheese Crack is my IRL group's fond term for Chilli Cheese Corn Chips. Frito-Lay must lace the things with crack cocaine because it's nearly impossible to resist eating them!

Dude... I'm sick as a dog right now, and I'd still love a bag of those things...

With a bowl of dip made from salsa and Velveeta...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... :fl:

*ahem*

So anyway... how did it go everyone?
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Augur
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Augur »

Xar wrote:Hey, by the way, Thanks again to the EU crew for being so fun to play with on in my Saturday night game.

You guys rock!

I played Biron the Vanguard Translocator...great game indeed!

Next year EU will bring business cards instead of writing our site addy on slips of paper for those interested!

We'll be celebrating nearly 3 years of AD-FREE, Hi-Quality PBP Palladium Gaming by then!
ImageImageImage
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Liadin,
Sorry again for being the 1,000,006th person to make the cheesy "Simple Life" joke. I was kinda loopy all weekend. I'd like to blame lack of sleep, but I got three times as much sleep as everyone else (I got a whole 12 hours that weekend). I was just really happy and excited to be at the Open House again.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Augur
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Augur »

Jaguar Wong wrote:Liadin,
Sorry again for being the 1,000,006th person to make the cheesy "Simple Life" joke. I was kinda loopy all weekend. I'd like to blame lack of sleep, but I got three times as much sleep as everyone else (I got a whole 12 hours that weekend). I was just really happy and excited to be at the Open House again.

Yeah, she said as much...but she was as excited as you were I'm sure.
ImageImageImage
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I was in such a good mood all weekend. I was just saying all kinds of goofy stuff to people becuase of it.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com

Return to “Palladium Open House”