OCC Directory

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Good luck, :ok: You set yourself one heck of a task.:mrgreen: Can't wait to read threw it.
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Blight wrote:Good luck, :ok: You set yourself one heck of a task.:mrgreen: Can't wait to read threw it.

Agreed :D and once you complete it if its ok with you I'll turn it into a search-able database and add it to my site, I'm lazy also but attempted this back when there where only 20 world books Its one heck of a task as Blight says and I hope you do better than I did :ok:

Are you going to do races RCC's and everything or just OCC/PCC?
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Gradea wrote:The wiki list isnt sorted by book, which is the whole point of the directory, making classes easier to find. And if anyone wants to take, modify, reprint, or databaseify this, its fine with me, just be sure to send proper tribute in the form gold and tacos first.

Unfortunately I have no Gold but you are welcome to stop over on Taco night anytime :D
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Alejandro wrote:A ******* mafia enforcer is an OCC!?!?!?!?

Heck ya i have one in a hero's game he rules.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Have you tried the Nexus Navigator? This seems to have already been done

http://www.thenexuspoint.com/navigator/ ... cter_Class
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

There is a list of O.C.C.'s, R.C.C.'s, and Monsters in the back of the GM Guide. It doesn't include from World Books 26 and on, but it is fairly complete and will save time. Also, best not to include Rifters as part of it. Since alot of Rifter material is 'non-canon', some people, like myself, do not allow or use anything from them, except on a pure GM basis (for instance, I did use the Children of Rodan as villains once). Maybe have a Rifter section add-on though. That's one thing that'd be nice to know about if you happen to own multiple Rifters.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

wow...good work there.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

sHaka wrote:Have you tried the Nexus Navigator? This seems to have already been done

http://www.thenexuspoint.com/navigator/ ... cter_Class

Thanks. Saved me from having to do that.
The Phoenix is Coming!
cmbtbiker

Unread post by cmbtbiker »

It would be nice to a book on the OCC's like what they are doing with D=Bee's of NA. I have been working on a template sheet that you can just file in blanks and create your own OCC. Built from a character sheet with some variation. An index is one thing, but a book with everything in it would be very helpful.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

cmbtbiker wrote:It would be nice to a book on the OCC's like what they are doing with D=Bee's of NA. I have been working on a template sheet that you can just file in blanks and create your own OCC. Built from a character sheet with some variation. An index is one thing, but a book with everything in it would be very helpful.

But once a new books comes out with new OCCs then the big OCC book is missing stuff.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

CaptRory wrote:Palladium needs to sell a digital companion that checks for updates automatically every so often that tells you where to find OCCs, PCCs, RCCs, spells, psi-powers, super powers, etc. gives a general description, and the requirements/restrictions but doesn't reveal any of the detailed information.

Searching and Sorting options would need to be extremely robust, including the user being able to give Key Words to things themselves and placing things into groups of their own creation..

I also think they need to combine all the past Rifters into some kind of digital supplement that can be bought and updated for people who are late to the party haha. But that's a discussion for another time.

Hey Vinny how hard would it be to do something like that on your site? I know its possible I already have the logic for the database and most of the php figured out in my head, this would be fairly easy wouldn't it? Or is the Navigator capable of doing this already just needing some devoted people to help 'wiki' add it in? I'm thinking the hardest and most aggravating part would come from having to add it all to the database, the data entry, you agree?
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

CaptRory wrote:But that's a discussion for another time.
Such as never ;)
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Chaos wrote:
CaptRory wrote:Palladium needs to sell a digital companion that checks for updates automatically every so often that tells you where to find OCCs, PCCs, RCCs, spells, psi-powers, super powers, etc. gives a general description, and the requirements/restrictions but doesn't reveal any of the detailed information.

Searching and Sorting options would need to be extremely robust, including the user being able to give Key Words to things themselves and placing things into groups of their own creation..

I also think they need to combine all the past Rifters into some kind of digital supplement that can be bought and updated for people who are late to the party haha. But that's a discussion for another time.

Hey Vinny how hard would it be to do something like that on your site? I know its possible I already have the logic for the database and most of the php figured out in my head, this would be fairly easy wouldn't it? Or is the Navigator capable of doing this already just needing some devoted people to help 'wiki' add it in? I'm thinking the hardest and most aggravating part would come from having to add it all to the database, the data entry, you agree?

It's really not hard to add stuff to the Navigator and it's completely searchable. I just not to add too much information so I wouldn't be violating any copyright laws. So it's just books and page numbers, unless Palladium gives me the okay to add any other information.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Ninjabunny wrote:The back of the Game Masters guide has a large section that tells you what O.c.c and R.c.cs there are and what books to find them in.

Unfortunately, many books have come out since the GM guide.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:The back of the Game Masters guide has a large section that tells you what O.c.c and R.c.cs there are and what books to find them in.

Unfortunately, many books have come out since the GM guide.

True, I would like to see a Updated and Revised G.M.'s guide (Fondily remembers the fact that it was the first book I'd ever seen for rifts/ Palladium)

How many times are you willing to pay $30 for revisions to the GM guide?
The Phoenix is Coming!

Return to “Rifts®”