Mutant Animals

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Juankis
Wanderer

Re: Mutant Animals

Unread post by Juankis »

gadrin wrote:I want to raise the IQ of a housecat from -4 (I assume 3D6-4) to 0 or 3D6 so I can have an intelligent cat. That costs 10 Bio-E, right ? Does that also raise the other attribute scores along that line in the table ? I'm thinking not, but I've been away from PB for a bit.

If you are refering to the size levle table, then yes, any modifications to the creature's size levle, will modify the specified attributes by the amount shown.

gadrin wrote:Also, anyone assign BIO-E points to skills ?

Same cat with IQ of 9 or 10 and I spend the 10 BIO-E so it has full speech. But I also want it to be able to Impersonate Voices and maybe have the Intelligence or Computer Operation skills.

10 BIO-E per skill sound fair ? More ?

Not sure, why would the animals mutation altered by the skills it may chose to learn. But if thats the way you play it, 10 seem a bitt steep to me, maybe only 5
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

one semi-creative answer: you could buy it extraordinary intelligence. if i remember correctly, the extraordinaries aren't too expensive for animals. :)
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Raising IQ without increasing size isn't in canon, but I'd give it a big thumbs up. Paying the same BIO-E cost as raising the size level makes sense.

As to skills, I'd just give it a reasonable number of skills or skill programs, based on it's background, no BIO-E cost.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

If this cat is an ordinary cat except it has human intelligence and can talk, don't build it as a mutant animal. Look at what a cat is written up as and just add an IQ where you think it should be to match human intelligence like the dog from watchers.

It doesn't need a character class if all it's going to be is a sidekick, background clutter.
CES
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Isn't their a Chameleon Mouse or something in AtB2? That could be a starting point for the color change effect.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

just a thoight, but if it's a plot device, it will not matter if it's possible.

"So you three guys and this talking cat walk into a bar......"

it's that simple.
just add the following....

"
New to Transbio (TM) the fashionable and security conscious Mimicat.

Features: Colour change fur technology
Enhanced stealth memegrafts
Capability for up to 6 languages with the vocabulary of a young adult!!
Antished and anti claw genes inbuilt
2 year warranty on all transbio(TM) products

Order Now on 1300-Mimicat Today! Order in the next 15 minutes and we add the novelty colorchanging collar and scratching post!!"

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

All I want to buy is a robot duck. No, I don't think we can fit that duck with bionics. Why? Because he would never survive the procedure!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Mutant Animals

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

gadrin wrote:I want to raise the IQ of a housecat from -4 (I assume 3D6-4) to 0 or 3D6 so I can have an intelligent cat. That costs 10 Bio-E, right ? Does that also raise the other attribute scores along that line in the table ? I'm thinking not, but I've been away from PB for a bit.

Also, anyone assign BIO-E points to skills ?

Same cat with IQ of 9 or 10 and I spend the 10 BIO-E so it has full speech. But I also want it to be able to Impersonate Voices and maybe have the Intelligence or Computer Operation skills.

10 BIO-E per skill sound fair ? More ?

To rasie IQ w/o rasing the size level of the cat, the only cannon way to do this is to give the Cat Ex IQ (found in PU3).

But the Guys I 1st played with used a house rule that you can raise an atribute score 1 to 1(bio-e). [this to take care of any remainders of bio-e at the end of char creation.]

What you are sujesting sounds like the Famillier rules in TtGD. If the IQ is human IQ then just have the cat learn the skills. But if its an animal IQ then 5 bio-e sound fair.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”