Aethondruil?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Vandalism.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Quoted from Wiki

Most unusual of all are the semi-mythic Aethondruil, who appear late in the History, apparently refugees from a technologically superior world. While similar in general appearance to Elves, they are distinguished both by their great height (most are over nine feet tall) and by the coming of age ceremony in which their skulls are trephinated to reveal a portion of their brain beneath their crystaline helmets. This procedure apparently endowed them with great psychic powers.

I remember elves using crystal magic but this little piece of information seems abit out of place. But then again, the author of the wiki topic also says the elves destroyed Baalgor so....

All in all, its a pretty fair description of the setting, it just has a few glaring inaccuracies.
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

9voltkilowatt wrote:Quoted from Wiki

...and by the coming of age ceremony in which their skulls are trephinated to reveal a portion of their brain beneath their crystaline helmets. This procedure apparently endowed them with great psychic powers.

Yeah, and anyway, the word the mysterious author was looking for is trepanned. A trephine is "a surgical instrument for cutting out circular sections (as of bone or corneal tissue)."

I mean, if one can't even get one's basic terminology correct. . . :D :rolleyes:

Ø (aka count nitpicker)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

That's pretty much a bunch of crap made up by some person from their own game, and added to Wiki as if it had anything to do with canon. We should make an effort to have it removed, as it is not based in any way on reality.

Or, as MrNexx said...

Vandalism.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

J. Lionheart wrote:That's pretty much a bunch of crap made up by some person from their own game, and added to Wiki as if it had anything to do with canon. We should make an effort to have it removed, as it is not based in any way on reality.

Or, as MrNexx said...

Vandalism.

Nexx has edited the page and removed them.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Way to go Nexx. Nice to have you watching the companies back, (and ours too!) 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Thank Jester; I wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't said something; I don't check Wikipedia that often.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Then to Jester as well, a big THANX!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”