getting around the area

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tenknifefoot
D-Bee

getting around the area

Unread post by tenknifefoot »

I am flying in from OK, and so will obviously not have a car. Can someone give me an idea about the logistics of getting around from the hotel to palladium, and after hours? I know I can always try to bum rides, but are the distances from the hotel to local restaurants safely walkable, or is there any mass transit in the area?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: getting around the area

Unread post by NMI »

tenknifefoot wrote:I am flying in from OK, and so will obviously not have a car. Can someone give me an idea about the logistics of getting around from the hotel to palladium, and after hours? I know I can always try to bum rides, but are the distances from the hotel to local restaurants safely walkable, or is there any mass transit in the area?
They are walkable.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

There is also taxies and other gammers to hook up with as well.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Use this :ok: a lot.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

The Deific NMI wrote:
tenknifefoot wrote:I am flying in from OK, and so will obviously not have a car. Can someone give me an idea about the logistics of getting around from the hotel to palladium, and after hours? I know I can always try to bum rides, but are the distances from the hotel to local restaurants safely walkable, or is there any mass transit in the area?
They are walkable.

...if you're not fat like me.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Subjugator wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:
They are walkable.

...if you're not fat like me.

/Sub
In this case they are "roll-able"!!! Just kidding Subbie! :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Palladium Open House”