Where are the Lay Lines?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

not to my knowledge.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Some books have Ley Line maps for the region the book covers.

However, there is no such map for all of North America.

~Josh
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Due to the sizes of ley lines, I would imagine it would be hard to draw them all up. Personally, it's nice for me as a GM to have a ley line whereever I want one.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Unread post by Chuck McDaniel »

verdilak wrote:Due to the sizes of ley lines, I would imagine it would be hard to draw them all up. Personally, it's nice for me as a GM to have a ley line whereever I want one.

That's how I do it. Where ever I need one I put one and then note where it is for future reference.

If you go this route I suggest getting a map of N. America and laminating it and maybe using a grease pencil on it.

That way you can keep track of where your ley lines and nexuses are.

ChucK
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Semisonic9 wrote:There's a major Lay Line running straight through my bedroom.

~Semi

:-D

Saves me from saying something like that.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
DrBeau
Wanderer

Unread post by DrBeau »

Semisonic9 wrote:Honestly, it's left at GMs discretion. Very likely, unless you have LLW or LLR who's constantly rolling to Sense Ley Lines, they will be extremely scarce in adventures, as the GM will simply forget about them most times.

~Semi

Agreed. This is something I don't like, but it does happen a lot (and I'm the GM). Of course, the only "magical" person in my group now is a Spirit Warrior, so Ley Lines don't mean anything. That being said, the group's gunslinger is constantly on the lookout for lay lines.

Return to “Rifts®”