Master List of Magic O.C.C.s

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Master List of Magic O.C.C.s

Unread post by JTwig »

I'm planning out a Federation of Magic/Magic Zone campaign, and I'm trying to come up with a master list of spellcasting O.C.C.s from all the palladium settings. I'm doing this in hope of populating my magic zone with a large variety of unique magic disciplines.

Here is what I have so far:

Rifts: Ley Line Walker, Mystic, Shifter, Techno-Wizard, Temporal Wizard, Temporal Warrior, Stone Master, Warlock, Conjuror, Battle Magi, Lord Magi, High Magi, and Blood Mage (rifter).

Nightbane: Wizard, Mystic, Flesh Sculptor, Mirror Mage, Cyber-Mage, Shadow Mage/Warlock, and Geo-Immortal.

PFRPG: Wizard, Mystic, and Dweome Mage (rifter).

I have yet to go through all my books, but any help would be appreciated.
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Thought of some more.

Rifts: Necromancer, and Witch.

PFRPG: Summoner, and Diabolist.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Your Rifts one is way too small.

Africian Medicine Man, Africian Preist, Africian Rain Maker, African witch, Animal Shaman, Plant Shama, Mystic Warrior, Battle Magus, Biomancer, Born Mystic, The Gifted Ones< Gypsy Fortune Teller, Conjurer, Controller Battle Magus, Corrupt, High Magus, Ectohunter, Elemental Shaman, Fetish Shaman, Mask Shaman, Fire Sorcerrer, Gypsy Seer, Grey Seer, Gypsy Beguiler, Gypsy witch, hidden witch, gypsy wizard theif, healing shaman, Gerbalist Druid, Woodlan Druid, Blood Druid, Inuit Shaman, Japanese imperialist, ninja techno wizard, Kreeghor witch, Kwaria mystic, Elder Sham-man, False sorcerrer, Larhold Shaman, Sun Preist, Ley Line Walker, Ley Line Rifter, Mellenium Druid, Mystic, Mystic Knight, Lord Magus, Nazacan Line Maker, Necromancer, Night Witch, Mystic Kuznya, Ocean Mage, Naut'Yll Koral Shaper, Old Believer, Oni Mystics, Paradox Shaman, Phase Adept, Time Master, Phase Mystic, Preists of Light, Preists of Darkness, Pygmy Shaman, Rune Warrior, Sea Druid,Shifter, Spirit Warrior, Stone Master, Tattooed Men, T-monster Men, Maxi Men, Undead slayers, Atlanetean Monster hunter, Temporal Warrior, Temporal Wizard, Tribal Shaman, Totem warrior, Voodoo Preist, Warlocks, Witches, Warlock Marine Magic Spceilalist. Wormspreaker, Yamabushi Demon Queller, Techno Wizard, Magebane, AND that's not counting anything from a Rifter.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Your Rifts one is way too small.

Which is why I ask for help. :-D Thanks for additions. I have only one question? Isn't a Phase Adept a psionic class, since all the phase powers use I.S.P.?

If anyone can think of any other magic classes, especially PFRPG and Nightbane I would appreciate it.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

From Nightbane:
channeller
cybermage
fleshsculptor
mirrormage
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Damian Magecraft wrote:From Nightbane:
channeller

Forgot about the Channeler. Thanks.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

from Fantasy:
life force wizard
were-shaman
druid
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Damian Magecraft wrote:from Fantasy:
life force wizard
were-shaman
druid

Do the druids in palladium games actually have spellcasting abilities? I swear that in Rifts - England they did not.

What book is the Life Force Wizard in? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the boards, but have never seen a write up for it.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

JTwig wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:from Fantasy:
life force wizard
were-shaman
druid

Do the druids in palladium games actually have spellcasting abilities? I swear that in Rifts - England they did not.

What book is the Life Force Wizard in? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the boards, but have never seen a write up for it.
to your druid question: yes indeed they do have spell casting capability

the LFW can be found in both the Island at the End of the World and the Mount Nimro pg. 42 (the were-shaman is also found in the Mt. Nimoro book pg 47)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

JTwig wrote:

Which is why I ask for help. :-D Thanks for additions. I have only one question? Isn't a Phase Adept a psionic class, since all the phase powers use I.S.P.?

If anyone can think of any other magic classes, especially PFRPG and Nightbane I would appreciate it.

ah, your right, my bad. It's just that the phase _mystic_ does have the option of learning some Temporal Magic, but the adept does not, they can be safely removed from the list.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
JTwig wrote:

ah, your right, my bad. It's just that the phase _mystic_ does have the option of learning some Temporal Magic, but the adept does not, they can be safely removed from the list.

The phase mystic has no such option.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

From Heros Unlimited: Mystic Study (true mage), Enchanted Weapon(limited), Enchanted Object(limited), & Mysticly Bestowed Abilities(limited).

From PF2:Fire Warlock, Water Warlock, Air Warlock, & Earth Warlock.
and Shadow Warlock (from LotD 3, or so I heard)

From Mystic China: Fang Shih (geomancer), Tao Shih (immortalist), Wu Shih (Chi Arcanist)

RoboTech: Sentinels:Perytonian warrior wizard.

Rifters: Blade mage (PF), Space mage (PW) Space Warlock (PW), Card mage(PF, alkin to a summoner or a diabolist), Trickster mage( PF, gambeler), ludicrus mage (PF), 3 shifter varients(rifts), blood priest(WW?), .........Warborn (rifts 3 varients), ..........

Things that use ISP as their power souce should not be listed as mages.

What is a Japanese imperialist? what book is it from?

May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Okay, these all need to be listed together on one post. I had a hard time going through all the posts to see if I could remember anything that hadn't already been posted. There's only one thing I could think of, though not really a mage, they do have spell casting capabilities. That would be any class of Priest. Granted, as I've stated they're not really mages, but they can be powerful magic users, especially if their chosen deity has taken a liking to them! (I've heard it said that priests can't be counted as mages because of their lack of magical lores and such, but I can honestly say I can't think of anyone that might know more about magic than a Priest of Thoth, Kalba or some other PF God of Magic.)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

Northern Ranger wrote:Okay, these all need to be listed together on one post. I had a hard time going through all the posts to see if I could remember anything that hadn't already been posted. There's only one thing I could think of, though not really a mage, they do have spell casting capabilities. That would be any class of Priest. Granted, as I've stated they're not really mages, but they can be powerful magic users, especially if their chosen deity has taken a liking to them! (I've heard it said that priests can't be counted as mages because of their lack of magical lores and such, but I can honestly say I can't think of anyone that might know more about magic than a Priest of Thoth, Kalba or some other PF God of Magic.)

I've been jotting them down as they are posted, to help me decide which I'll include in my Magic Zone game. When I get some spare time I'll re-post them, of course if someone already has the time feel free to go ahead. Maybe even do it in a separate post that could be stickied.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Why don't you try the Nexus Point.
JTwig
Adventurer

Unread post by JTwig »

verdilak wrote:Why don't you try the Nexus Point.

Hey thanks, that helped a lot. I still say that we should have a similar list for the Palladium boards, as this is the first place that a lot of newbies first turn to.
gaby
Knight

Re: Master List of Magic O.C.C.s

Unread post by gaby »

Can any one give a list of Magic O.C.C.s from Rifter?
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Re: Master List of Magic O.C.C.s

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Holy Resurrected threads Batman!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”