Creating maps

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

teulisch
Explorer

Unread post by teulisch »

i would advise choosing the area to set the game in, getting a road map of that area, and adding ley-lines and nexuses as needed. this gives you a very good idea of where the pre-rifts ruins will be, where major roads were, and where the rivers probably are. coastal regions will need more editing than others.

as an added bonus, mapquest can provide you with good maps for when you need to zoom in.
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Mapquest is good. Two other routes include: 1) look for old National Geographic maps (cheap, good quality, easy to find), or, 2) Go to some of the online university map archives like the University of Texas. You can find old or current maps of many locations That's what I used for the North America maps on my webpage.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Cyrano de Maniac
D-Bee

Unread post by Cyrano de Maniac »

If you happen to be a member, AAA makes wonderful maps too, and they're free for the asking. You can get national, state, and city-level maps, so there should be plenty of detail for your purposes.

Brent

Return to “Rifts®”