Robotech for 2008?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Will we See NEW Robotech in 2007

Definatly, KS will get new Robotech to us before Xmas.
20%
Nay, Jan 2008 looks more likely
42%
The Groundhog will come out his hole, and see a new copy of Robotech Shadow chronicles... 6 more weeks of Winter.
38%

Total votes: 45

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Robotech for 2008?

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

in the Origonal Press releases for Robotech KS mentioned a Late November Release, on the oct 19th PR he now says Mid-December. in all Likely hood do you think a 2007 release is possible?
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

i am with Zerebus on this one.

But I am still hoping to get Robotech by Christmas!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

its not a matter of Waiting, its a matter of KS starting the same old Pattrn again. Promising a book by this date, then it coming along 6months to a year later.
November was a Ambitious Date, and even Tommy yune Said it was "extreamly Agressive". I'm looking more to getting a Copy 1st qrt 2008. unfortunatly the closer it come to May the less likely I'll buy Robotech over D&D4th or Amber and Blood.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I vote nay with crossed fingers hoping to be pleasantly proven wrong....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:its not a matter of Waiting, its a matter of KS starting the same old Pattrn again. Promising a book by this date, then it coming along 6months to a year later.
November was a Ambitious Date, and even Tommy yune Said it was "extreamly Agressive". I'm looking more to getting a Copy 1st qrt 2008. unfortunatly the closer it come to May the less likely I'll buy Robotech over D&D4th or Amber and Blood.

Just Say 'No' To 4.0.

For me, I'll put a be on about march next year. Big Kev is enthusiastic, but I'd rather wait for quality than have a cut 'n' paste like so much of Rifts.

Besides, being about 6 months or so behind time is a venerated tradition in the offices of Palladium. I'd be seriously disappointed if they didn't. :P
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I'm Diggin the 4.0 thou, Progress, progress, progress. its why I'm wanting Robotech 2.0 so bad... even with its Manga Sized books

As for Robotech. between getting the contract signed, and the release of the old RPg was 10 months.
For Palladium to do it in 56 days as he origonally said was a Snow-ball chance in Hey-Days. in the 80 days for by Xmas is more feaseble, but I'm looking more to Groundhogs Day or later.
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

As an Australian, I have absolutely no idea what, or when, Groundhog Day is, other than a movie involving Bill Murray.

I've looked it up on wiki and it still doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense. You people work out when winter ends from a glorified gopher?

It hardly matters. Here in Queensland we only have two seasons anyway: Summer, and the 22nd of June.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Comrade Corsarius wrote

You people work out when winter ends from a glorified gopher?

It's more than just a holiday, we have a classic claymation special about it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079357/ :D
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Comrade Corsarius wrote:As an Australian, I have absolutely no idea what, or when, Groundhog Day is, other than a movie involving Bill Murray.

I've looked it up on wiki and it still doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense. You people work out when winter ends from a glorified gopher?

It hardly matters. Here in Queensland we only have two seasons anyway: Summer, and the 22nd of June.

Good Movie btw,
yeah, Aprently People in the North eastren US base it off the ground hog... Here in FLA we have, Hot (Spring), Hotter (summer), Less hot (Fall), Not too Hot (Winter) a 3 day period in Winter it will dip down to 40ish and we complain about frost and frozen windows... like its 8 feet of snow.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Robotech for 2008?

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Did PB ever hold their promised timeframe :lol:. So I settled for Jannuary +. :P
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Lord_Coake wrote:You're lucky. Here in Nebraska we have Scorching Hot (Summer) Screaming Wind (Spring and Fall) and then Freeze-off-sensitive-parts (Winter.)

Hehhehhehhehheh :)

Like I don't, right north of you in South Dakota? ;)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:nh: You think you all got it bad? I live in North Dakota. :frazz: We can get 60 degress below zero with wind chills in the winter! :frazz: Not counting the big snow drifts! So stop complaining you wimps! :D And as for the date, maybe they had most of the matterial already done. So I am hopeing before Christmas, but no later then January(my birthday month! :D ).
Alpha 11
Palladin

Lord_Coake wrote:I ain't complaining, I love cold weather, wind and snow.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I hate summer. Give me dark and cold any time.

:eek: That is just so wrong. Give me light, sun, and warm weathor, but not HOT, any day. :D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

IF we get R:SC by December, I will be flabbergasted, shocked and somewhat gobsmacked.

That being said, I'm not gonna tempt St. Murphy on this and will remain neutral on this point (no vote on poll as not to awaken Saint of karamic pimp-smack)
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

From the latest Press release "Both books are coming along nicely, but both are about a month behind schedule. Dyval should see release the end of November or early December, and though Kevin vows he is still trying to get Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles RPG out before Christmas, it is likely to be literally just before Christmas or a week or two after. We hope you understand."

So...I'm guessing February.

Damn.

MikeM
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Kevin S. wrote:Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG

90% of the artwork for this book is finished and looks great. Apollo is putting the finishing touches on the cover, and we are excited as all get out on this book. It is the next book I dive into and will see a February, 2008 release.

yeah... november Release? nay, December? nay, Jan, Nay.... I hope to have it by my Birthday... Right after Rifts: Lemeuria
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Calm down! It'll be out soon enough. It takes time to write a book. Especially when you have the time constraints people put on them. People want the product. They want to sell you the product. Therefore the product will get out to us. We have to be patient. And as for Lemuria, a new manuscipt was turned in or is just about ready to be turned in by a freelancer. Patience is needed! So repeat after me ......."I will be patient! I will be patient.!" Palladium is trying to get everything out.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Aramanthus wrote:Calm down! It'll be out soon enough. It takes time to write a book. Especially when you have the time constraints people put on them. People want the product. They want to sell you the product. Therefore the product will get out to us. We have to be patient. And as for Lemuria, a new manuscipt was turned in or is just about ready to be turned in by a freelancer. Patience is needed! So repeat after me ......."I will be patient! I will be patient.!" Palladium is trying to get everything out.

its always been Palladiums problem thou... Ks will get so excited about something he will promise it out in 3 months.... which tunrs into 6... then a year... Psyscape rifts RPg book 13 was released after book 16.... I knew Xmas was a impossibility... and now the more realisttic date of "Feb" is out... seriously, I'd have less to complain about if i wasnt bombarded by steadly further release dates for a product that was promised by Xmas a month ago. if WOTC did this kinda crap I'd be moving away from supporting their products too.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and....
according to the press-release; FEBRUARY!!!! 2008
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :-?
Yups.. looks likek we were all correct; PBooks is ontrack...for being late.
Hope the delays (which can not be reavealed to non-disclosure it seems) listed by KS are worth it...
as it is the book is gonna be manga sized still...
Still say it's a [censord] stupid idea

Leaves of the lotus rise

Alpha 11
Palladin

Also, we can look at it this way. The longer it takes, the better it will be and the less mistakes that will be in it. So there is a silver lining to everytnhing.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Alpha 11 wrote:Also, we can look at it this way. The longer it takes, the better it will be and the less mistakes that will be in it. So there is a silver lining to everytnhing.

I'll grant you that.
The biggest mistake he can fix is the format size. :x :x :x

Leaves of the lotus rise

Alpha 11
Palladin

DhAkael wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Also, we can look at it this way. The longer it takes, the better it will be and the less mistakes that will be in it. So there is a silver lining to everytnhing.

I'll grant you that.

Just be thankful that it is coming back. And they said, if I remeber right, that they might do a full/regular version later on.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

I'll grant you that.

Just be thankful that it is coming back. And they said, if I remeber right, that they might do a full/regular version later on.

they Might do a manga sized one too.... oneday... before xmas... 2008...
Aramanthus
Monk

It'll be out! Just be patient.

So please take a deep breadth and relax and stop harping on the past. Please just relax and let me deal with my father's death without blowing up! Let's all stop being negative! Please no arguing! So everyone, including myself calm down!

:::Breathing deeply............1.......2.........3............4...........5....
........6....................7..........................8...........................10..........
I mean 9........................10!::: :wink:
Last edited by Aramanthus on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Apollo Okamura
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Apollo Okamura »

While it might be against my better judgement to reply to this thread, here's hoping I might shed a little light on the subject, and hopefully even calm a few people down.

Both Palladium and Harmony Gold wanted Shadow Chronicles to come out in time for Christmas, especially to coincide with the release of the new Collector's Edition DVD. That didn't happen. Various things slowed down aquisition of the license until mid-September, which needless to say was much later than planned. And, technically speaking, we couldn't even start working on the project until all the contracts were signed and sealed.

To add insult to injury, yours truly, who was originally planned to do a whole ton of art for the book, started a new job in September, which left Palladium to scramble to get other artists, that were also familiar with Robotech, available to take over.

In addition, we've also been trying to get Dyval, which is in it's final production, out the door. No easy task, believe you me... that book is packed, from page to page of yummy Hellish goodness!

So, lots of stuff on Palladium's plate to deal with (and I've just mentioned the big ones), but that hasn't stopped all of us here from working crazy hours, hoping to get Robotech done; and we certainly don't want to rush the book just to see that happen.
Hey, we're all Robotech fans here too, and we want to see this book done as much as you guys do, maybe even more so! ;-)

The latest Press Release mentioned a February release date (for the manga-sized book), and I think that's pretty promising! Most of the artwork is in (mine, notwithstanding), and it's probably some of the best art these guys have done!! Not to mention Kevin's working closely with Harmony Gold in the writing department, so you can expect some great stuff coming your way!

Be patient, keep your shirts on, because when we do get this baby done, you're in for a real treat - No matter what size it is!! :ok:

Apollo
Last edited by Apollo Okamura on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you Apollo! Thank you for the personalized response! I'll be patient for PB to get it out! I want everyone else to relax and take a deep breadth. PB will get it too us and it'll be AWESOME! I know it will!

HH....FIE
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D I live in San Diego, CA! I don't think we even HAVE seasons over here! It's either summer or not-so summer (i.e., the occasional rain storm) 8)
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Arnie100 wrote::D I live in San Diego, CA! I don't think we even HAVE seasons over here! It's either summer or not-so summer (i.e., the occasional rain storm) 8)

*looks at thermometer saying that its a whopping 1 degree out*

Gee, lucky you :p
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

It was like 12 degree F this morning when I came to work. And we had about 5 inches of snow over the weekend. :D

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”