Am I the only one?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Sure i did, but again is just a them, on side note(just because i want to type)

a) Sure spiders spit web from their back, but on an humanoid spider thing coudl change(for god sake SAY NO TO ARTIFICIAL WEBSHOOTERS AND YES TO ORGANIC ONES!)
b) The rabbit HIDE the eggs, it was never said they do LAY the eggs
c)DC comic fashion for superhero is for most part horrible, suggesting that dislike their enormous amount of power they are prety much daltonic, with few exception(Power Girl costume is PERFECT :P)
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I don't think a superhero firing spiderwebs from their posteriors would have sold many comic books. Most of us probably wouldn't even know who that character was if he had been designed that way.

Lay off the easter bunny, he brings cadbury eggs and it's a thankless job.

I always assumed aquaman wore the green and orange because:

A. Really bad fashion sense. He named himself after a color (aqua) and it isn't part of his uniform.

B. There's a reason emergency life vests are orange or yellow or red...both easily visible from a long distance in the ocean. Wearing an orange shirt is inviting the badguys/navy to use you for target practice.

C. Green...must've been out of khaki. Or he made it himself out of algae or seaweed...but then why is his shirt orange?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

macksting wrote:That said, there should be a What If comic in which Spiderman canvases the city swinging from his butt.

That would have never made it past the comics code authority, and plus there would be no way to steer.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

The Baron of chaos wrote:c)DC comic fashion for superhero is for most part horrible, suggesting that dislike their enormous amount of power they are prety much daltonic, with few exception(Power Girl costume is PERFECT :P)

Huh? Firstly: what exactly does daltonic mean? Secondly: Huh?!

LostOne wrote:A. Really bad fashion sense. He named himself after a color (aqua) and it isn't part of his uniform.

Not because aqua is Latin for water--as in aquarium, aquatic, and aqueous? :erm:

Ø
Last edited by count zero on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

count zero wrote:
LostOne wrote:A. Really bad fashion sense. He named himself after a color (aqua) and it isn't part of his uniform.

Not because aqua is Latin for water--as in aquarium, aquatic, and aqueous? :erm:

It was supposed to be funny. I failed.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

count zero wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:c)DC comic fashion for superhero is for most part horrible, suggesting that dislike their enormous amount of power they are prety much daltonic, with few exception(Power Girl costume is PERFECT :P)

Huh? Firstly: what exactly does daltonic mean? Secondly: Huh?!

Ø

Dictionary.com search results for 'Daltonic'

Some people are addicted to quoting Wikipedia. I quote Dictionary.com. :D

And what's wrong with mechanical web-shooters????? If you didn't have the ability to spin webs on your own, wouldn't you want a set too?

According to one of the origin revisions I remember from the 90s, the reason Aquaman wears orange/green is because that was his old Atlantean prison uniform... he continued to wear it because the irony appealed to him.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Re: Am I the only one?

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:Who has ever sat back and gone spiders shoot webs from somewhere else.

Nope, in fact, in one of the first issues of Spider-Man 2099 (who always had organic shooters*) one of the letters asked why he didn't shoot the webbing from his butt.

*Not Jim Shooters, however.
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Overlord RICO Statute wrote:Spider-Man 2099
There's a comic I wish would've lasted longer. All the 2099 really, I thought they were a nice re-envisioning.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Overlord RICO Statute wrote:
Glitterboy Pilot wrote:Who has ever sat back and gone spiders shoot webs from somewhere else.

Nope, in fact, in one of the first issues of Spider-Man 2099 (who always had organic shooters*) one of the letters asked why he didn't shoot the webbing from his butt.

*Not Jim Shooters, however.

Are you suggesting Jim Shooter is inorganic in nature? :lol:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Artificial web shooter could be cool, albeit abit unpratical if you don't have alos spider powers, but inorganic are cooler.But in the end is irrelevant, a web is a web whateve rits origin, is not such big difference, like an organic bio armor and metallic bio-armor. Both parry damage , the rest is only aestetical stylistic matter.
I prefer organic, someone prefer inorganic, So what?
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”