So how is this leading to rifts?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Chaos Earth is the prequel to Rifts.

The Chaos Earth MB describes in more detail the first few days of the cataclysm that is often talked about in the Rifts RPG. RUE ties the two a little closer together.

So yes it shows how the rifts formed and allows you to play at the beginning.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Which allows you as a GM to portray the end of the golden age of humanity as one of the nastiest times to be alive. With a very low survivalability of people in that time.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Especially for the GM! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

always fun to throw things at my players for the first time.
Buck the System
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah that is a very fun thing to do to players. :D

HH....FIE
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

In the Rifts campaign I was running a couple years ago I had the party run into the Quetal Marnac (sp?) adventure from the Adventure Guide, as they went through it and found the skeleton one of the PCs remarked that they "Did not want to run into a healthy version of that!"

Little did they know. :demon:

Later on they get sucked into a dimensional vortex which sends them back in time to Chaos Earth and they end up being the ones who put a stop to QMs attempt to take over earth.

Five months of planning and it turns out to be one hell of a ride for the PCs, though the battle against the cultists take longer than the fight against QM, when I rolled him up he was very tough so I had a demon slayer sword fall into the hands of the PCs, very impressive weapon.

The Wolfen Wilderness Scout was carrying it, and when the demon (which was nothing more than internal organs and muscle on top of bone, I had the cultists building its body from the flesh and bones of those they sacrificed to him and he was incomplete when the PCs arrived) began to move he made a called shot to hit its partially exposed heart with the sword and proceeded to roll a Nat 20, I ruled a One-Shot Kill then (very rare for me) as after calculating the minimum damage the hit was going to do compared to the demons still weak state he would have done about 80% of its MDC in one hit.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Aramanthus
Monk

Ouch! That makes sense! 80% in one shot..........I've seen that before in other games too. Those individual cultist can always be fun, especially if they have cover. Sounds like a fun game.

HH....FIE
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Whereas Rifts is more roughly post-post-apocalypse, Chaos Earth is SMACK dab in the apocalypse. Enough so that eventually just about every NPC and PC they met will eventually die a horrible painful death. The question is: how many people they can save, and how long can they hold out, before that happens? It's awesome. :D :ok:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Aramanthus
Monk

Yes it is very awesome! :D

HH....FIE
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I had thought that Chaos Earth was a completly different Game then Rifts in its own Dimension , not a time rewound version of Rifts . I will have to reread that book heh .

-Lenwen.

*edit*
yeah it is the very same Rifts earth at the precise time the rifts blew up I just read that on pg 7 .
Aramanthus
Monk

Yep, it is the same game, just a different era. But it is a cool game!

HH....FIE
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Jmacq1 wrote:I've had the urge to introduce a charismatic and heroic (yet prejudiced) civilian-turned-militia leader with the "Prosek" surname into my CE campaign for a while now, though. ;)

I had a character pleading with the PCs to speak to the horrifying demon looking monsters out of the Rifts before killing them. They thought he was nuts. He kept preaching that these "dimensional beings" may not all be evil and may even have feelings, just like us. So one of the PCs blew him away.

The preacher's name...Abraham Prosek
akito
D-Bee

Unread post by akito »

wow, that is awsome. i need to view the gm forems for how do this type of campaine.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”