Hook, Line, & Sinker: Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Raven
Explorer

Unread post by The Raven »

Hook: Sitting in class in 9th grade, talking sci-fi with a friend

Line: Him pushing a brand new copy of the just released Rifts main book across the table. Opening to the section on CS robots and power armour. And having him say its mine since he didn't like the setting.

Sinker: Over 17 years later, still playing, attempting to write, and having to buy another bookshelf unit to hold the ever growing collection of RPG books (I played before but that was the first I owned).
"Women and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it."
-- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love, Lazarus Long

Carl Gleba wrote:Well said Raven :ok:
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

Hook: GMing D&D. Player asked if I knew about this new Palladium game.

Line: Got game :-D .

Sinker: 30+ years later. Have 1-3 of all Palladium Books ever printed including all rifters. Plus about 400+ other RPG books.
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Hook: Saw a book (Robotech Accerelerated Training Program) laying around the house my dad did the artwork in. It was Robotech, and I loved Robotech as well.

Line: Learned the Palladium system like the back of my hand and decided to try out all their other games.

Sinker: Spent the rest of my life thus far gaming Palladium and Rifts when possible.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Hook: Was going to Job Corp in Kittrell, NC (1988) and met a guy who GMed Palladium Fantasy for us.

Line: His father was in the Army and was among those sent to Panama to capture Noriega (Operation Just Cause). Our GM went to "watch the house" when dad was gone. He left his books with us (1st Ed. Palladium Fantasy Books I & II).

Sinker: Our GM never came back, which is when I received my first Palladium Books and introduced to the wonderful world of GMing. Almost 20 years later and I'm still at it :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321

Return to “Rifts®”