NARUNI .... What say you ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

NARUNI .... What say you ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

I just picked up Naruni Wave II and read it which started my thinking cycle ( got a headach now too :oops: ) but anyways I am now extreamly curious as to where in your guys rifts world the Naruni corp is or if thier still wiped off of the planet ?

In my rifts world I've allowed them to set back up but this time just further out in the West . An they have a battalion of Repo Bots on the scene to ward off any CS invasion of thier "nest" (really just to buy the time for them to make open a rift an move thier product )
-Lenwen.

P.S.
Do you even use Naruni weaponry ?
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Well, since NE, if they wanted to, could take the entire planet against all takers, I don't see 'em as having been kicked off.

Now, it's not WORTH it for them to take Rifts earth, but then again - that's why they could take it from all other takers as well.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

My game is currently in 100PA, so they haven't been driven off of the planet yet. Currently they have a few mobile shops that they move around, but most of the trading is selling through the Black Market (for a decent price of course) and other distributors.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
akito
D-Bee

using the right gear

Unread post by akito »

My current campaing my players have set up a merc company, They are currently using 3 levels of tech. for the new recuites they are issued coalition euipment that the merc company have "aquired" (an almost unbeleivable tast that was), for the NCOs they are utalizing Naruni equipment. The officers are using Chaos earth gear. (my PC located a cach of avaiable tech to include the power armors and designs.)
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

They largely sell through Merc Town now if memory serves.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

We are playing in 109 PA and as NW2 states, the Naruni are back with a vengeance.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

K20A2_S wrote:
Kagashi wrote:We are playing in 109 PA and as NW2 states, the Naruni are back with a vengeance.

My burster loves battle with merc soldiers outfitted with all Naruni weapons.....lol.... :D

Hehe. I hope your burster thought ahead and got some weapons that can hurt Thermo-Kinetic armor :P
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Most of our Rifts games don't allow for Naruni weaponry.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

Subjugator wrote:Well, since NE, if they wanted to, could take the entire planet against all takers, I don't see 'em as having been kicked off.

Now, it's not WORTH it for them to take Rifts earth, but then again - that's why they could take it from all other takers as well.

/Sub

I disagree, the Splugorth would never ever allow Rifts earth to betaken by the Naruni, And not just Splynncryth, how many Spulgorth intellegences are supposed to be vacationing on atlantis at anytime? we are talking 110's of billions of troops from the Splugorth alone. That combined with the demon hords that infest Atlantis and the non Naruni merchants who operat at Splynn, not to mention the millions of Demonic creatues who use it as a vaction spot, and the fact that even the Naruni board of directors is likely to succume to WAVES of Sunaj Assassins and I think that the just the Splugorth forces could probably keep the Naruni out of Conquest buesness. Forget the millions of other troops who who would do the same and the potential for interdimentional warfarefrom many of the inhabitants of Rifts Earth, NAruni is a powerful company, but they are not All powerful.
Subjugator

Elthbert wrote:I disagree, the Splugorth would never ever allow Rifts earth to betaken by the Naruni, And not just Splynncryth, how many Spulgorth intellegences are supposed to be vacationing on atlantis at anytime? we are talking 110's of billions of troops from the Splugorth alone. That combined with the demon hords that infest Atlantis and the non Naruni merchants who operat at Splynn, not to mention the millions of Demonic creatues who use it as a vaction spot, and the fact that even the Naruni board of directors is likely to succume to WAVES of Sunaj Assassins and I think that the just the Splugorth forces could probably keep the Naruni out of Conquest buesness. Forget the millions of other troops who who would do the same and the potential for interdimentional warfarefrom many of the inhabitants of Rifts Earth, NAruni is a powerful company, but they are not All powerful.

Naruni controls more plants in the Three Galaxies than the Splugorth.

Think they can't take care of some sploogies? Think again.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Naruni are good weapon dealers and give discounts for people to test out they weapons on Rifts Earth. Hey to be the best your have to use the best, my mercenary squad only use Naruni weapons. It you fall behind paying them the repo-bots come.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

K20A2_S wrote:I personally believe the storyline for RIFTS earth would be better served if Atlantis was never introduced, it's like the writers used that book/continent/island to splurge on all their over the top ideas that they know would unbalance the game in any other continent/location.

I'd say the same thing if I was Pro Coalition :P

To them Atlantis represents the one nation they could never dominate heh

-Lenwen.
Elthbert
Hero

Subjugator wrote:
Elthbert wrote:I disagree, the Splugorth would never ever allow Rifts earth to betaken by the Naruni, And not just Splynncryth, how many Spulgorth intellegences are supposed to be vacationing on atlantis at anytime? we are talking 110's of billions of troops from the Splugorth alone. That combined with the demon hords that infest Atlantis and the non Naruni merchants who operat at Splynn, not to mention the millions of Demonic creatues who use it as a vaction spot, and the fact that even the Naruni board of directors is likely to succume to WAVES of Sunaj Assassins and I think that the just the Splugorth forces could probably keep the Naruni out of Conquest buesness. Forget the millions of other troops who who would do the same and the potential for interdimentional warfarefrom many of the inhabitants of Rifts Earth, NAruni is a powerful company, but they are not All powerful.

/Sub

Your joking right. Thats like saying Shell Oil is more powerful than Russia because it has more gas stations in Michigan than Russia does. An arbitrary measure of power in a fairly insignificant location.

Naruni is a corparation which sells goods, notably arms, in this area the Spulgorth see them as rivals and obviously have a distaste for the True Naruni ( snce they are otherwise seemly good Free traders). However the Splugorth are not just interdementional merchants they are interdementional conquerers and have vastly more power than the Naruni. There is no indication ever in the Phase world book thatthe Naruni are more powerful than the Splugorth, only htat the splugorth have had some set backs in the Three Galaxies, set backs the Naruni have taken advantage of.
Elthbert
Hero

K20A2_S wrote:I personally believe the storyline for RIFTS earth would be better served if Atlantis was never introduced, it's like the writers used that book/continent/island to splurge on all their over the top ideas that they know would unbalance the game in any other continent/location.

Well I think they were planed from the begining, and are kind of intrigal to the Rifts storyline of the world from my point of view.
Elthbert
Hero

Lenwen wrote:

-Lenwen.

Noo butt hey can carpet nuke it, and have nuclear missles on standby for just such a thing.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Elthbert wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

-Lenwen.

Noo butt hey can carpet nuke it, and have nuclear missles on standby for just such a thing.

Then all they would do is ensure thier own demise .. You think Atlantis wont send over nukes as well .. an in ten times the quantity as well ..
:lol:

-Lenwen.
Elthbert
Hero

Lenwen wrote:
Elthbert wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

-Lenwen.

Then all they would do is ensure thier own demise .. You think Atlantis wont send over nukes as well .. an in ten times the quantity as well ..
:lol:

-Lenwen.

Oh absolutly which is why they take no action, it is just an updated MAD senerio to prevent Atlantean invasion of North America.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Subjugator wrote:Well, since NE, if they wanted to, could take the entire planet against all takers, I don't see 'em as having been kicked off.

/Sub

I think a statement like that revokes your right to own the Splynncryth artpiece that you do. I hereby order you to relinguish the masterpiece from your heretical hands and into someone who is more qualified to enjoy such a piece, like me. :D

Serious Sub, I've must have been away for too long. Making a comment like that. You need to call me more so I can set your head straight. :lol:
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Subjugator

Jmacq1 wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Sure...but the Splugorth control entire universes/dimensions beyond Rifts Earth and the Three Galaxies (and lots of 'em). The Naruni having more worlds in the Three Galaxies is just like the Coalition States having as much territory as it does on Rifts Earth: A situation the Splugorth choose to tolerate for reasons of their own.

The Naruni are powerful, there's no doubt of that, but there's nowhere in any of the books that they're stated to be at all more powerful than the Splugorth overall. Powerful enough to be "rivals" yes, but not powerful enough to dominate.

Remember that the only part of Naruni we really know about is the Three Galaxies BRANCH of it. Thraxus, who is not even remotely near a majority stockholder of that branch, is worth quadrillions of credits (i.e. 50 to 100 times as much as his 100 trillion credits in liquid assets).

This is not even remotely the same as comparing the number of gas stations one company holds over another. It's a LOT closer to comparing the number and quality of COUNTRIES one company controls over another.

/Sub

Subjugator

Jmacq1 wrote:Sure...but the Splugorth control entire universes/dimensions beyond Rifts Earth and the Three Galaxies (and lots of 'em). The Naruni having more worlds in the Three Galaxies is just like the Coalition States having as much territory as it does on Rifts Earth: A situation the Splugorth choose to tolerate for reasons of their own.

BTW - where did you see that the Splugorth control entire universes and/or dimensions beyond Rifts Earth? Particularly, where do you see that they control lots of them? If that is the case, why can't they eradicate the Vampire Intelligences on Rifts Earth?

/Sub

Elthbert
Hero

Subjugator wrote:
Jmacq1 wrote:Sure...but the Splugorth control entire universes/dimensions beyond Rifts Earth and the Three Galaxies (and lots of 'em). The Naruni having more worlds in the Three Galaxies is just like the Coalition States having as much territory as it does on Rifts Earth: A situation the Splugorth choose to tolerate for reasons of their own.

BTW - where did you see that the Splugorth control entire universes and/or dimensions beyond Rifts Earth? Particularly, where do you see that they control lots of them? If that is the case, why can't they eradicate the Vampire Intelligences on Rifts Earth?

/Sub

In the Atlantis book and in the book on Splynn, it mentions in both of them that they conquer dimensions and that the loss of a few billion Kydians while doing so is not such a big deal to them.

As for the vampire intellegences well a major landing on the Coast of mexico would probably lead to a nuclear exchange with the Coalition, and Splynncryth does not want his nice pretty city damaged.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Naruni Customer Service wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Yeah but how many dimensions do the Splugorth own? Only poor Hutt wannabe Splugorths bother with just a measly planet.

Each spluggie has about 4-8 planets and they are in a constant state of conflict.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Cactuscat wrote:In fact, the only reason one of the big pandimensional powers like the Splugorth or Naruni hasn't completely taken the place over is because so many heavy hitters are interested in the planet. There are gods, dragons, Atlanteans, the Sploogies, Naruni, any number of alien intelligences all vying for a piece of the pie and holding each other in relative check.

Oh, sure, Splynncryth could call up enough Kydians to overrun the planet and wipe out every single major opposition to his power (NGR, CS, Archie 3, etc). But then the other big fish would swoop in to oppose his attempted takeover of Earth. There would be war on a scale so great is could pose very real danger to the solar system, let alone poor little Earth!

And, even if Splynncryth somehow managed to hold his own and drive off all competitors from Earth, what happens to his other holdings? His forces will have been so weakened by conquering and holding the planet that other Splugorth, or factions of forces he drove off of Earth (especially the Naruni) would hit him where it hurts and start waging war on his other empires.

And this same logic applies to any group that tries to take over the planet. The Naruni would fair just as poorly if they tried a takeover.

So, for now there's an uneasy cease fire between vast multi-dimensional powers because no one is willing to make the first move.

Well said . Very well said ..

I also believe that either in 3 Galaxies or Anvil Books it flat out says that the Naruni would absolutly not ever try to get into a war with any powers of the 3 galaxies ....
WHY You ask ??
Simple put ...
Naruni are a powerfull interdimensional corperation ... but thats it .. just another corperation ...

They are powerfull for a business no question .. but against the military know how of any of the 3 galaxies powerhouses they would simply be out classed ..

-Lenwen.
Elthbert
Hero

Cactuscat wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Yeah but how many dimensions do the Splugorth own? Only poor Hutt wannabe Splugorths bother with just a measly planet.

But Rifts Earth isn't a "measly" planet. It's a gateway to thousands of worlds, dimensions, and times. It's the holy grail for all dimensional travelers and conquerors. And, unlike Phase World, there's no unopposable power (2nd Stage Prometheans) keeping an enterprising dimensional warlord from sending troops out to any of a kajillion different worlds.

In fact, the only reason one of the big pandimensional powers like the Splugorth or Naruni hasn't completely taken the place over is because so many heavy hitters are interested in the planet. There are gods, dragons, Atlanteans, the Sploogies, Naruni, any number of alien intelligences all vying for a piece of the pie and holding each other in relative check.

Oh, sure, Splynncryth could call up enough Kydians to overrun the planet and wipe out every single major opposition to his power (NGR, CS, Archie 3, etc). But then the other big fish would swoop in to oppose his attempted takeover of Earth. There would be war on a scale so great is could pose very real danger to the solar system, let alone poor little Earth!

And, even if Splynncryth somehow managed to hold his own and drive off all competitors from Earth, what happens to his other holdings? His forces will have been so weakened by conquering and holding the planet that other Splugorth, or factions of forces he drove off of Earth (especially the Naruni) would hit him where it hurts and start waging war on his other empires.

And this same logic applies to any group that tries to take over the planet. The Naruni would fair just as poorly if they tried a takeover.

So, for now there's an uneasy cease fire between vast multi-dimensional powers because no one is willing to make the first move.

This was largely my point. The Splugorth alone could stop narumi from taking Rifts earth, and that is just one major power. THe books have repeatedly stated that Splynncryth has no intention of explanding off atlantis anytime soon, simply because such a war would be bad for buisness. My point was that Naruni wlould not be able to take the planet, and frankly probably not even the Coalition, The Splugorth would never allow the naruni to get such a foot hold on earth.
Elthbert
Hero

rat_bastard wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

Each spluggie has about 4-8 planets and they are in a constant state of conflict.

This is not exactly true. The Splugorth intellegences of the 3 galaxies each control more than ma hundred worlds and the book implies that these are not particularly impressive holdings for a Splugorth, that is of course implied not stated.
And they are not all in constant state of conflict Atlantis says Splynncryth has 2 or 3 Splugorth intelligences visiting at any given time. That sounds like a good solid network of allies to me. Further, Splynncryth found and recruited the Kittani but they are ubiquitous to the Splugorth empires so I would say there is more cooperation than is often given credit. Now granted they do hose each otherregularly, but given an opponant potentially taking Rifts Earth, well I am sure they would all hang together, rather than most assuredly hang seperately.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Elthbert wrote:
This was largely my point. The Splugorth alone could stop narumi from taking Rifts earth, and that is just one major power. THe books have repeatedly stated that Splynncryth has no intention of explanding off atlantis anytime soon, simply because such a war would be bad for buisness. My point was that Naruni wlould not be able to take the planet, and frankly probably not even the Coalition, The Splugorth would never allow the naruni to get such a foot hold on earth.

Actually Lord Splynn has already taken hold of two islands off the shore of N.A. continent ..

One is named Little Atlantis ..
Other is cant remember the name atm .. but its not 100% operational as of Aftermath ..

Course the word invasion in an of itself is a very subjective term to a being who conqour's entire worlds ...
What Lord Splynn would consider an exploration force ..
MOST on rifts earth would consider a mass military take over ..
Such is the numbers of the Splugorthian minnions ...
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Re: NARUNI .... What say you ?

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Lenwen wrote:... anyways I am now extreamly curious as to where in your guys rifts world the Naruni corp is or if thier still wiped off of the planet ?

Personally, I like to go by the book. It keeps things more subjective and cuts down on arguments and bickering at the gaming table. As such, though Naruni has had troubles spreading out, they do have traveling salesmen (like the former Robot Control... I think they're dead now) as well as a permanent outlet in the town of Los Alamo, even as of 109 PA.

Subjugator wrote:Naruni controls more plants in the Three Galaxies than the Splugorth.

Planets too. :P

The thing is, both Naruni and Lord Splyncryth are more interested in making a buck than conquering the megaverse. The worst they will do to each other are act of corporate sabotage and espionage to get or maintain the competitive advantage in a given market. And Rifts Earth is a market ripe with potential for big profits that both hope to exploit.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]

Return to “Rifts®”