Which Weapon's "mist" people ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Which Weapon's "mist" people ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

As the topic says an I am curious as to what you guys all think ..

Which Weapons systems have the "mist" effect ?

An in the "mist" effect if you shoot them in the arm does it mist thier whole body or how do you guys rule it ?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Most energy weapons won't mist a person on a single hit, IMO; they don't dissipate their energy over a wide enough area rapidly enough. They'll kill you, but they won't reduce you to the point where there's nothing left but pink mist.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

I'd have to say that Plasma would be best, Particle Beams second. Lasers would burn through you and ion would electrify you but something would be left over.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

lasers do damage via impact shock. they impart so much energy (in the case of a RIFTS laser rifle, close to 30 megajoules, same as a tank cannon), over the span of a microsecond.
this causes the material to vaporize, creating an explosion. particle beams, ion beams, and plasma work much the same way, just with differing means of getting the energy to the target.

a laser hit won't vaporise you like a star trek phaser, it's more like "point laser at target, watch target blow up into superheated chunks." there probably would be a mist from such impacts, as the superheated steam from the formerly moist body condenses back to a liquid. (the impact has the effect of basically boiling the water in your body..)

burning a hole through something requires much lower energy levels and much longer time on target. rather impractical for a weapon.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”