House Rule Armor System

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: House Rule Armor System

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I think it looks familiar:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68674&p=1756613
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

I think that pretty funny.

This is almost exactly the armor system for the game i have been working on for two years, which is moved over from another project that i was working on 2 years before that.. lol
I'm always amazed by the way the world works.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Our armor house rule is simple:

Unless specifically targeted, armor will take only ten percent (10%) of the damage rolled against a player, always rounding up and a minimum of 1 point. For example: someone does 15 points or damage, but it is below the armor’s AR, the armor would take 15/10 or 2 (rounded up from 1.5) points of damage. This counts for magically enhanced armor (enhanced SDC) and magic armor like cloaks of armor, but spells such as Armor of Ithan take full damage when rolled.

I should add that any attack that successfully hits and gets past the AR does 10% damage to armor in addition to any HP/SDC damage the character takes.

It's worked pretty well over the last 6 or 7 years, and has reduced the time and money spent by PCs repairing their armor, while not making armor totally impervious.

Ø

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”