New Hardware Items

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: New Hardware Items

Unread post by taalismn »

I've found the microchips in Ninjas & Superspies make a great basis for 'smart' munitions and postage-stamp-sized robots of various types, so there's another app.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Amberjack
Explorer

Re: New Hardware Items

Unread post by Amberjack »

How about this
Nano-Crystal Paint Job
A vehicular or robot paint job where the paint is a complex nano-particle matrix that can change the vehicles/robots color scheme but computer command. Normal nanites are in inert state till activation signal is sent, followed by command signal that allows up to say four different colors, then once color change is complete the nanites receive shut down code until needed again. this could also incorporate a second layer of nano-particles that remain active at all times, taking care of minor cosmetic repairs like scratches, and possibly minor dents/dings. A side effect of this secondary layer is that the vehicle or robot is always clean , and never needs a wax job.

Nano-film glass
Not actually glass but a nano-particle film on the glass , that allows the transparency of the glass ( i.e. window) to be changed at will, this film can also keep the glass clean, as well a repair minor chips and scratches. The film can also be set to filter/ shield versus infrared, concealing occupants from thermal sensors. A minor side effect is that listening devices cannot penetrate the film.

Let me know what people think :)
CHEERS

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”