Western Empire

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Re: Western Empire

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

no theres nothing oriental in the western empire, other then the books you already listed the ninjas and superspys, it has some more modern stuff and martial arts, a some Japanese's skills
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Western Empire is one of my favorite Palladium books. It's not "eastern" though. The mask is probably for a masquerade ball.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

All right, let me save the day here folks. (I love doing that!) There is a Rifter, which I have but can't remember the number of right now, that deals with converting the orient into PF! It includes the use of martial arts and martial art powers and abilities from N&SS as well as going in depth into Samurais and ninjas and the like. I have a player that is playing an elven samurai and it works wonderfully. If you go to the Rifter forum and check out the sticky dealing with what is in each Rifter by issue, you should be able to find out which one. Otherwise, I might be convinced to look through my dozens of Rifters to find it. Good luck, and good gaming!

Let me know if you need anything else! Always willing to help.

NR
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

There you go. And in the futre, Mr. Hall is an excellent source of information. He's probably the first person I'd go to myself. Good luck with the samurai stuff.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Personally, I'm not a fan of a samurai and ninja type of orient in Palladium Fantasy. I've had some vague thoughts about Land of the South Winds being somewhat Southeast Asian, but nothing concrete.

However, if you're looking for samurai type gear, Palladium's got a couple options. The Compendium of Weapons, Armor and Castles is your go-to source, but there's also the Book of Weapons & Armor, the Book of Weapons & Castles, or the Book of Weapons and Assassins. However, they use a very different system for armor than the rest of Palladium (they're some of the earlier works).

Closest you can find to samurai armor in Palladium's normal system is probably going to be Splint Armor; it's numbers in the CWAC system are pretty close to Splint Mail/Laminated. Call a katana a bastard sword, a short sword a wakizashi, and you've got a decent set-up for numbers. Steal a bit from N&SS or Rifts: Japan and go.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Maybe you can find a copy of Weapons, Armor & Castles of the Orient written by Matthew Balent and published by Palladium Books. It uses that non-megaversal armour system, too.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Mark Hall wrote:Personally, I'm not a fan of a samurai and ninja type of orient in Palladium Fantasy. I've had some vague thoughts about Land of the South Winds being somewhat Southeast Asian, but nothing concrete.

However, if you're looking for samurai type gear, Palladium's got a couple options. The Compendium of Weapons, Armor and Castles is your go-to source, but there's also the Book of Weapons & Armor, the Book of Weapons & Castles, or the Book of Weapons and Assassins. However, they use a very different system for armor than the rest of Palladium (they're some of the earlier works).

Closest you can find to samurai armor in Palladium's normal system is probably going to be Splint Armor; it's numbers in the CWAC system are pretty close to Splint Mail/Laminated. Call a katana a bastard sword, a short sword a wakizashi, and you've got a decent set-up for numbers. Steal a bit from N&SS or Rifts: Japan and go.

See? What did I tell you? :D

300 Geek Points (So Far)
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

I'd love to see the south winds book soon
8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Try Amazon. I've had really good luck getting stuff from them.

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Probitas

Unread post by Probitas »

PlainDre wrote:Bugger! There used to be a compendium of weapons, armor and castles!?!? Missed out on that one (unless I do as you advised and look it up on Amazon, or ebay for that matter).

If Kevin has any more of those books in stock, he may bring them to Gencon Indy in a few weeks? If I'm lucky, I can pick up a copy there or something.....

I don't know...something to consider....

PlainDre

I've ordered the Weapons and Armor, and I have the Weapons and Castles, the Weapons and Assassins, and the Weapons and Castles of the Orient. I find the 2nd one is more about sieging, the 3rd deals with assassinations and tools of the trade, and the final book is the all about Oriental armor, weapons, and their versions of medieval castles.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”