hooray for books!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Re: hooray for books!

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Rock on soldier. And let us know if we can help with PF thing. (Did my part in the same war, best of luck to you.)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

Unread post by t0m »

cool 8) theres something about this setting that really gets to people sometimes. i have been playing almost 20 years now (on and off) and nothing else has really kicked me in the pants like pf did. its got so much heart (and/or soul?) that sometimes it only takes a quick glance into one of the books to get a person hooked.

hope your adventure is a good long one. cant wait to see your soldier too...
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

I like the thought of the dwarven gladiator. It sounds pretty basic, but when I think about it, I can't remember ever seeing that combination before! I think it would be cool to see how that turns out!
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, we had a guy who went with a Dwarven Gladiator. He eventually commissioned a short sword with maximum parry. Made him hard to hit.

As for the characters, I recommend trying less to make them like some pre-existing historical archetype and just worry more on the motivations and general drives of the characters. The character might start out with some greek style armor, but will eventually move to whatever works best (i.e. the stuff that character finds) and will stop resembling a hop-lite or centurion quickly.

-Vek
"IT makes them easier to draw, I guess."
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

thaddius wrote:well i started on the dwarf last night right after i posted this, well it seems cool butmot what i want to play for any duration. just too flashy for me.

~give any Dawrf a few pints of Ale and some meat on the bone, and it always takes the flashy parts right out.
~you'll be left with more essence of Dwarf than you can handle
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If everyone followed your lead then PF would become a greater part of the PB production schedule.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”