What would you do if sent to rifts earth with meta game know

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

What would you do if sent to rifts earth with meta game know

Unread post by csbioborg »

ie if you were tranported to rifts earth with everthing the same as in the books ie you know all the secrets what would you do
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What would you do if sent to rifts earth with meta game know

Unread post by Chad »

hmmm...

What time frame are we looking at- 100, 105, or 109?
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Well if I where portaled to rifts in a random location especially the wilderness. I would probably die in the first 6 hours.
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Learn Boxing.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Chad wrote:hmmm...

What time frame are we looking at- 100, 105, or 109?

let's say 109 if its 105 obviously any human loyal to the CS would just go warn the Coalition about the Tolkeen stategy and tactics.

Others would likely tell Lazlo about cs tactics
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

From the current location I am to the location as-is in Rifts? Fighting the Demons off from the Calgary Rift.

If I ended up in a better lacation though, I'd sell my services to anyone and everyone. Then learn how to pilot PA.

More detailed though would be informing Merctown of CS infiltration, as well as their assessment on the "threat-o-meter". Move on to Iron Heart and sell them the technology needed to miniaturize their operations (collected from Merctown), then move on to FQ to pass on CS plans as well as net-work. From there it's to the coast to make a deal with Archie via the Shemerrians.

After that begins my private war against the Calgary Rift. Nukes-a-plenty, I'll turn it into a glass crater, then reassess what is needed to either close the Rift or wipe out what lurks on the other side. Either way I'm claiming my city back...
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

...We Die!...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

what to do simple join up with the CS and bump off the proseks and the rest the CS high command and seize power and start taking over other kingdom and do something like a starship troopers federation government open to all non supernatural beings

search for the macross, macross 2 and robotech dimensions and steal some their stuff to enhance my military might . enlisted super heroes to fight the evil empires
hit the vampire kingdom with a very very nasty air attack
wipe out the bugs
after earth is retaken retake space which will be easy
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

From right here, right now? I'd enjoy life in Houstown as a history expert, and catch up on modern technology.

Oh, and I may rat out the CS's spymaster in Houstown to the Lord Mayor.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Hope I ended up in 105 PA, sell all of the CS invasion plans to Tolkeen, sell the location of the City of Brass to the CS, sell the secrets of the new CS army to Free Quebec, and become a partial conversion cyborg, armed with twin shoulder-turret plasma ejectors, my ancient daisho, and go to Lazlo to watch the fun...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Assume, that I didn't get eaten as soon as I stepped out of a rift? It would depend where I'd appear. If near the CS and they didn't know that I was a DBee, I'd apply for citizenship using my knowledge as leverage, but try not to let on exactly how much I know. Now if I was near a magic using kingdom I'd attempt to learn the skills and knowledge of a Shifter to better carve myself a little niche.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Come to think of it....
First I'd try to gear up find some people I can trust.
Then I'd search for a way to get to the Palladium dimension and find the rune-swords in the sea-cave in the Northern Wilderness.
I'd bond with Mindprancer.
Then I'd go back to Rifts Earth, and head over to Europe, looking for the evil Millennium tree, and use the gateway there to get to Yggdrasil, where I'd impale myself to the World Tree with my runesword in order to gain ultimate knowledge of magic.
After that, I'd go back to Rifts Earth and try to find a high-paying job in Lazlo or some other magic-friendly place.
Or I'd go insane.
Or both.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Learn Boxing.

LOL Ha Ha Ha... :lol: :lol:
To perfect!
Killer Cyborg wrote:Come to think of it....
Then I'd search for a way to get to the Palladium dimension and find the rune-swords in the sea-cave in the Northern Wilderness.
Then I'd go back to Rifts Earth, and head over to Europe, looking for the evil Millennium tree, and use the gateway there to get to Yggdrasil, where I'd impale myself to the World Tree with my runesword in order to gain ultimate knowledge of magic.
After that, I'd go back to Rifts Earth and try to find a high-paying job in Lazlo or some other magic-friendly place.
Or I'd go insane.
Or both.

If your GM's an ars, you may get touched by Necro instead of mindprancer... Than it's game over.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Question is, where are we dropped? That's as important a question as when.
If we're just dimmensionaly & temporaly "shunted", instead of spacielly as well, we'd end up on Rifts not to far from our current local.

In my case, I'd be fine as Lynnwoods at a high peek near the west coast of Washington state. It woulda survived floods, nukes, and volcanos, intact fer the most part. But I'd, in effect, light years from anywhere I could be helpful. Once I'd spent sometime figuring out where I was, I'd make my move to Tolkeen, just like everyone else. If the CS wins, it's all over for everyone and all of humanity. But if they're held in check and loose the war (For now) than humanity stands a very good chance of survival (and, in time, Victory over our enemys).

1) Get some mad skillz and Magic, in return for that, Palladiums better than Gold, knowledge. I'd leard Psi Like magic spells that emulate Mind Bond and Edect memory. Then I'd USE them both, alot.

2) I'd help them produce insain Anti-CS tech while getting them to open up rifts to multiple, parallel, medium-tech, earth dimensions (Like 1940's-1990's). From them I'd make deals with their realitys various governments<resources for tech>. The tech we'd give them would be so low, but better than what they've got that, we'd make a killing. Tolkeen could even easily take over lesser governments like Botswana and become their rulers.

In this time I'd be looking fer a Teacher in Chi-magic.

3) Institute a program for creating an advanced Astral Plain with speed up time. This would create an amazingly powerful tactical advantage over the CS. From here the production of advanced tech made from factorys could be done in days instead of months. Food could be grown months, and new mages/soldiers spit out in similar time.

4) Use the astral plain to create my own satalite network for global communications and spying with out need for orbital tech. All thanx to a deal with the Astral Dwellers for their own domain. Similarly I'd take over at least one of the pre-existing orbitals. From here I'd make my assault on the moon, conqure it, take their formidable factorys and premade Glitterboys, sell that tech to Quebec for the loyalty of an Non-agression treaty. (sucking up).
I'd let this slip if they started moving towards rejoining. I'd make Quebec look Sooooo bad with subtel manipulations that, all out war between the two would rip them both appart.

5) KILL IRON HEART WITH BUGS!
I'd use strike forces to take over the "Duluth Xiticix" by going in stealth like, telepathically shove visions of the hives future death (at the hands of Lazlo & later iron Heart) into the Queens mind, then visions of Tolkeen being her Hive salvation! In time I WILL control them, Allie with them, upgrade them, and send them against Iron Heart via multiple rifts.

I'd also infiltrate the heck outta Iron Heart.

6) While all that's happening, yes, just like others, I'd go after Macross tech, take over their governments...etc. Simo, I'd make deals with the REF to supply them the most Powerful enhanced Modified Warriors ever created by the Tolkeen Government... Code Named "Nosferatu" :lol:
They're impervious to harm, can turn to mist, Don't need air, and can hit hard as any power armor, all that in return for a little Blood. The Invid don't stand a chance. True that they are vulnerable to sunlight and water, and need soil to sleep on, but in space or on dead worlds they'll rip "Scouts" and "Troopers" to bits. Plus, In armor, they're ni-invulnerable (especially if We Create new spells to overcome those weaknesses).

And I'd have made Two Allies (The Vampire Intelligence and The REF).

7) Now that I've become a pretty D@MB and good leader, and proven myself as a capable leader and power house, I'd initiate the final stage of my plan...
The Contacting of one Mr. Baal Molech. Countless worlds for him inreturn for MY assention to a
NightLord!

When the wars over, The CS lays in ruin, the Xiticix are my personal slaves, The REF has become dependant on My super soliders, The Dwellers are my personal allies in dommination over all the kingdoms of the Astral Plain, The peeps of The Macross dimension are in my thrall, the Low tech worlds are ruled by myself, The Vamp intell is under the understanding that it's My B&^ch.... And I'm a NightLord, I'll squash LAZLO!! Find The SDF-4!!
And Blamo

I WIN...

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

- First off help Lazlo take control of the Archie facility with me getting a cut.
- Prove that Aerihman Clan are really behind the Sunaj.
- Become a Monster Hunter in Manoan.
- Get monster shaping tattoos of a Gargoyle Lord and a Norse Giant, then monster tattoos of a Kreeghor Bloodhound and a Phantom Wolf.
- Get a Achilles Neo-Human wife.
- Sell the secret uranium depleted rounds that NGR uses to stops bio-regeneration to human goverments.
- Start a new Black Market out of Northern Mexico.
- Get a reward from the CS for telling them them about the Black Market in Area 51.
- Buy a NE-700 Vulcan Plasma Cartridge Mini-Gun on Phase World.
- Make friends with Endiku if I can find him and pretend to help him find Gilgamesh.
- Go to Wormwood and get a Holy Terror buddy to come back with me to Rifts Earth.
- Kill Corin Scard for his Ring of Elder to make my magic Tattoos way more powerful.
- I'd go after Arthur Knight leader of the Grim Reapers cult, I'd raid his store during the day kill him and take his powerful artifacts.
- Go to Cibola and sneak attack Iridna to get her Sword of Atlantis.
- Go to Chaos Earth and steal lots of Glitter Boys and build an army of Monster Hunters to fight in the past.
- Steal a few Sky Hawk Glitter Boy transports.
- Take the Galapagos Submersible Robot from the Larhold tribe.
- Get Tolkeen ready for CS return from the bug's territory.
- Collect the bounties on the fugitives In Mercenary Ops and claiming the "Old Glory" NE-JE Juggernaut Heavy Hover Tank for myself.
- Tell King Aurthur or whatever his names is the story of Merlin, Lady of the Lake & Marion.
- Raise an army of Monster Hunters in Lazlo, Free Quebec, Tolkeen and NGR.
- Spend some time in Psyscape to nurture my psionic powers.
Last edited by runebeo on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Steeler49er
Hero

??? Sell out???
Why not be the hero and kill her hippycritical tushy yourself?

batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Become a God.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Steeler49er
Hero

batlchip wrote:Become a God.
Correction... A god (Lower case unless your refering to a specific god) like, "God himself", "Ares The God of War", "Zeus-The King of The Gods", "The Old Gods"
or, if your refering to yourself as "Batlchip-The God of Rifts"!

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

It'd be interested to see what would happen if you told Dunscon that it was the Republicans who killed his father, not the CS.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

First thing i'd do.

I'd do it with an elf.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Come to think of it....
Or I'd go insane.
Or both.

Nice combo! Before you impale yourself to the tree, build a high shelf with a place to put your feet, place lots of morphine around to kill the pain. Have a TV, RCR, Xbox 360 & a laptop to make the time go quicker. A few other things could come in handy like so kind of wet vacuum toilet system, air conditioner and shower system encase you keep getting a low roll on the table. If your pickup some insanities head to Psyscape and get treatment they should be able to help. Add in some other stuff to keep up busy and more comfortable.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'll point out that, as a Millennium Tree, you really don't want to be driving nails into Yggdrasil, Niddhog.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Neorealist
Wanderer
Comment: 42

Unread post by Neorealist »

Mark Hall wrote:I'll point out that, as a Millennium Tree, you really don't want to be driving nails into Yggdrasil, Niddhog.

A good point. Make the shelving anti-gravity. Or better yet, just build/buy/steal a personal automated medical center to tend to your every need while on the tree. (bags of nutrients, plasma, etc)

After that become a shifter and make a pact with any particular god of magic to get some actual PPE, and sell off some of the lesser known spells to other mages in exchange for cash to buy/build PPE batteries. (Since you want to be actually able to cast some of those spells of legend, right? ;-))

Wander on through the Asylum portal (cut a deal with the splugorth to let you out first), and then post gaining master psionics? get your body MDC enhanced via some bio-wizardry as well (replacing your eyes with a couple reasonably sized eyes of eylor would be both useful and further add to your rather anemic PPE base). Find Psiscape, spend a decade or so there opening your 'third eye', curing insanities, and repenting of your aberrant (portal remember?) ways enough become unprincipled or something if that is your kick.

At some point wander on over to tolkeen and try to get a ring of the elder, as well as an ironbane or two. (by hook or crook, since having all the magic and most of the psionics in the world should really make there acquirement much, much easier...)

Visit noro space, and get some of their useful psi-tech (one of those psi amp helmets definately, and a suit of crystal body armor just for fun)

Finally figure out some way to become immortal that doesn't involve becoming a vampire and you're set, pretty much.
Last edited by Neorealist on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

I would look to see if my house is still around in Lazlo and if so charge the inhabitants back rent as I have the deed ;)
Then explain the CS bbattle plans to Plato and get so cool gear and boons from an adult dragon.
csbioborg
Champion

Mark Hall wrote:I'll point out that, as a Millennium Tree, you really don't want to be driving nails into Yggdrasil, Niddhog.

I don't think driving a spear into it causes an explosion as its not a millenium tree per se
Steeler49er
Hero

Cutting off peices, and impailing the trees, seem to have differant effects.
Removing a peice causes an explosion. Impailing it just seems to ...well, stick someting in the tree.
Otherwise, Impialing yourself with a runesword would do Alot more damage...Biiiiiiigg Bada Boom!

batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

. wrote:
Correction... A god (Lower case unless your refering to a specific god) like, "God himself", "Ares The God of War", "Zeus-The King of The Gods", "The Old Gods"

Lower case.A mecha jock god. :D
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Steeler49er
Hero

batlchip wrote:
. wrote:

Lower case.A mecha jock god. :D
Noooooo, than I'll be all alone! Drat! :-(
You sure you don't wanna capital that "g" to "G"?

AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Well, I am probably a minor Psychic in this world, I possess the powers of See Aura and Object reading, though they are not very reliable (yes, psychics really exist, it is just that the psychic powers are very weak on this earth). In Rifts, the powerful PPE would turn me into a Master Psionic, I think...probably a Mystic because I have some knowledge of theoretical magic (real psychic, theoretical magic).

Assuming I did not instantly go insane or get possessed or killed, I might seek out ARCHIE 3 and convince him to turn his resources to more productive paths. Actually it depends where on the planet I appeared, and whether my memory is better than it is in reality (hopefully I would get the power Total Recall from my Psychic enhancement). Wherever I appear, I would seek out the least oppresive government and offer my help. If my memory is good enough I will be able to show them where to find alliances and resources and how to overcome threats. If this is done subtlly enough, my allies will be a power to reccon with long before anyone realizes it.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Well first I'd take my copy of this topic and use it to locate/turn most of you guys in to the various forces to keep you from squealing all these secrets. Then I'd use my profits to see about getting myself transformed into a cold blooded so I have a better chance of living when those of you who I didn't get try to take me out for turning you in. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Steeler49er
Hero

Daniel Stoker wrote:Well first I'd take my copy of this topic and use it to locate/turn most of you guys in to the various forces to keep you from squealing all these secrets. Then I'd use my profits to see about getting myself transformed into a cold blooded so I have a better chance of living when those of you who I didn't get try to take me out for turning you in. ;)

Daniel Stoker

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's the Best post so far!

Return to “Rifts®”