Land of the Damned 3

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Probitas

Re: Land of the Damned 3

Unread post by Probitas »

It's still up for pre-order, though I think it might make the Guinness Record Book for longest running promotion of a non-existent item ever.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Nope the Old Kingdom books still hold that record.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

BC finished the manuscript but it wasn't what KS wanted so...it was put on the shelf till KS could write it up himself.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Jason Vey wrote:So, I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Good to have you back.

Ø
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I've been out of the loop for a few months, there hasn't been any news on any PFRPG books I take it?
Probitas

Supposedly Mysteries of Magic is due this winter, but don't hold your breath, that one was submitted revised in Dec '06, and two years to deal with that is damned slow in my opinion. I can't think of any valid reason why it's not already in print beyond foot dragging and attempting to spread out sales over the year.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Probitas wrote:Supposedly Mysteries of Magic is due this winter, but don't hold your breath, that one was submitted revised in Dec '06, and two years to deal with that is damned slow in my opinion. I can't think of any valid reason why it's not already in print beyond foot dragging and attempting to spread out sales over the year.

Apparently you missed the Crisis of Treachery. Yes this did cause several of Palladium's delays. There was no "dragging of feet".

Carl
ImageImage
Probitas

I am aware of the crisis, however, isn't this water under the bridge now? With a product on hand and 2 years to print and ship, and a NEED for money to roll in the door, this is a non-thinking marketing decision if ever there was one.

Your Dr. Phil moment for the day, "Time to move forward, and stop dwelling in the past."
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

They are not sitting on books just to annoy fans. A manuscript on a shelf makes no money for them. It takes time and staff to put out books and they are very short when it comes to staff. As someone who worked on one of those books waiting to come out*. I wish they did get out more each year but Kevin and company are doing the best they can.

*Buy three copies of Yin-Sloth Jungles 2nd. :)

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Well I wa..... say what? Yin Sloth Jungles 2nd Edition!? I never got wind of that one? That would be kewl as well. As it is I can't find what I did with my two favorite books ever since I got back. So it looks like I'll be buying a new Eastern Territories and Northern Hinterlands book soon. I'm thinking I may have loaned mine out before I went over seas, but I can't for the life of me figure out who has them now... It has to be someone from the old group... But rather than make a few phone calls like I should, I might just buy new ones anyway, and let my buddy keep the books. To support the company n' all, because frankly, PFRPG with friends is my favorite leisure activity. I haven't found anything to replace it, nor do I really want to at this point. I'm content with the best they can do. However I do still desire new books, and I wish to express that respectfuly.

:bandit: What about the bearmen of the North book, that idea ever get off the ground?
Shawn Merrow

Jerell wrote:Well I wa..... say what? Yin Sloth Jungles 2nd Edition!? I never got wind of that one? That would be kewl as well.

I worked on it with Robyn Stott and we turned it in last year. I do hope Mark's book gets published first the poor guy has waited so long.

Jerell wrote: :bandit: What about the bearmen of the North book, that idea ever get off the ground?

Never heard of that one so no idea.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Never will come out.

Why you ask?

Because KS never wanted it written about in the first place.
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Land of the Damned 3 is actually Kevs nick name for the Palladium Fantasy board where posters are made to suffer in false hopes of seeing new material released.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

UR Leader Hobbes wrote:Land of the Damned 3 is actually Kevs nick name for the Palladium Fantasy board where posters are made to suffer in false hopes of seeing new material released.

I am so using that if I re-write LotD3... a place for fence-sitters in the War of Chaos, where they forever sit in anticipation of some sign that it's time to join the battle. Most of them now resemble simple lumps in the lands, but they jabber endlessly whenever someone brushes against them, demanding to know if they're the sign that has been awaited.

Most of them were, at one point, hideously powerful, and may still be so.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Shawn Merrow

Mark Hall wrote:
UR Leader Hobbes wrote:Land of the Damned 3 is actually Kevs nick name for the Palladium Fantasy board where posters are made to suffer in false hopes of seeing new material released.

I am so using that if I re-write LotD3... a place for fence-sitters in the War of Chaos, where they forever sit in anticipation of some sign that it's time to join the battle. Most of them now resemble simple lumps in the lands, but they jabber endlessly whenever someone brushes against them, demanding to know if they're the sign that has been awaited.

:lol:

Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:bandit: That would be very funny to me.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I've considered tackling it a couple times... tower o' necromancy, minotaurs, field of the fence-sitters of the apocalypse... I just write slower than geologic time.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

rasmusnicolaj wrote:[... you could take a break and write the Old Kingdom books - just to relax a little...

It would be great with some more books for a great game.

they are already written, same as LotD3. Its just that they never got around to fully being edited. IIRC LotD3 will probably never see print as it is written currently (tis a shame), and aslo IIRC the origianl OK books were sooo big and nicely done that they actually would take up 2 large big books, or possibly 3...but never reember why they never got around to editing them bad boys.

Alas we wait for something....I am hoping for Mysteries of Magic and the Yin-Sloth Jungles 2nd ed- cause they are the latest tease to trikle out....still waiting but not holding my breath (sorry guys)
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, one of the problems with the Old Kingdoms books is they were turned in before the system switched to 2nd Edition. So there had to be some editing done to bring all the NPC's and information in line with what had changed. Palladium is very particular about keeping their NPC's in line with all the applicable rules!

The books were full of information and were essentially written as 2 books - the Lowlands and Highlands. They were much more like the Old Ones book, with detailed maps and city descriptions. There was also a lot of optional stuff that probably would have been cut out.

One problem I can see with LOTD3 is they might be worried about explaining some of the most unexplained things.

-Vek
"No one has offered a suitable description of the Devil's Mark Hall."
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Veknironth wrote:
-Vek
"No one has offered a suitable description of the Devil's Mark Hall."

The Devil's Mark Hall is a tormentor for those who dwell in teh Land of the Dammned. He causes pain and suffering by telling those suffering what great things are on the way. Only to cause further torment adn agony in anticipation for those forbidden tomes that have yet to be unleashed to the denziens.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Jason Vey wrote:So, I've been out of the loop for awhile. Did this ever come out? Is it still planned? Will we ever see it? I know it was embroiled in the mess when Bill left/was let go and Kevin wanted to rework it...but was that ever done?

Just curious.

Welcome back.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Mark Hall wrote:

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”