Gizmoteer

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Gizmoteer

Unread post by sennin »

So, I was thumbing through South America 2 today when I had a realization. It concerns the Gizmoteer's ability to convert energy weapons to run a psychic energy. Because the ISP required to recharge the weapon equals the payload the weapon has with a normal Eclip, an ATL-7 anti tank laser can be powered with 1 ISP (or 2 PPE) per shot! Talk about a great ISP/PPE to damage ratio!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Gizmoteer

Unread post by rat_bastard »

sennin wrote:So, I was thumbing through South America 2 today when I had a realization. It concerns the Gizmoteer's ability to convert energy weapons to run a psychic energy. Because the ISP required to recharge the weapon equals the payload the weapon has with a normal Eclip, an ATL-7 anti tank laser can be powered with 1 ISP (or 2 PPE) per shot! Talk about a great ISP/PPE to damage ratio!

this comes up once in a while.

yes the book says that

no you should never ever let that happen as a GM.

that is all.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

It would consume ALL the ISP, the same way it consumes everything in the E-clip.

just because
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

rat_bastard wrote:
sennin wrote:So, I was thumbing through South America 2 today when I had a realization. It concerns the Gizmoteer's ability to convert energy weapons to run a psychic energy. Because the ISP required to recharge the weapon equals the payload the weapon has with a normal Eclip, an ATL-7 anti tank laser can be powered with 1 ISP (or 2 PPE) per shot! Talk about a great ISP/PPE to damage ratio!

yes the book says that

that is all.

I never would let it happen. I would make it cost about 50 - 60 ISP. I guess when I posted, I neglected to say that I thought it was broken (as I didn't want to create a thread where people complained about everything that they thought was broken).
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

sennin wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

yes the book says that

that is all.

I never would let it happen. I would make it cost about 50 - 60 ISP. I guess when I posted, I neglected to say that I thought it was broken (as I didn't want to create a thread where people complained about everything that they thought was broken).

I understand, its just a weird rules trick that would be completely broken that is one of the reasons common sense is a required part of running a game.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Hmmm... an idea for a rules alteration. Each E-Clip contains a number of points... say 20 for a regular, and 30 for a Long. Each blast from weapon X requires Y points. Powers like this (Gizmoteer, Mystic Knight) recharge a given number of points per point of PPE/ISP.

It solves the problem of switching E-clips between weapons (since it will have Z points left, which is enough to power A blasts in the new weapon).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”