Scraypers Clarification?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

ALL planets have natural ley lines. but the magic there isn't strong enough to make them glow blue like in Rifts Earth. they can't be seen ever, but those with the power to sense ley lines could.

That being said, they're pretty damn rare. it's just not a naturally magic-heavy world
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Cardiac
Adventurer

Re: Scraypers Clarification?

Unread post by Cardiac »

Lorkinas wrote:Ok is there ley lines in seeron or not I havnt found any mention on them or any location if there is any. The book doesnt go into detail about magic but it does suggest that it is possible can anyone help me out here. I have read the book front to back and found nothing.
Look under the Entry for Humans starting on page 74, specifically under the "Rifts note".
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:ALL planets have natural ley lines. but the magic there isn't strong enough to make them glow blue like in Rifts Earth. they can't be seen ever, but those with the power to sense ley lines could.

That being said, they're pretty damn rare. it's just not a naturally magic-heavy world
Spicers has No Leylines
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:ALL planets have natural ley lines. but the magic there isn't strong enough to make them glow blue like in Rifts Earth. they can't be seen ever, but those with the power to sense ley lines could.

Spicers has No Leylines

Skryapyers. not Splicers :P
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Spicers has No Leylines

Skryapyers. not Splicers :P
I know BUT you said ALL :P I just realized I typed spicers... uhoh Dune infringement. :thwak: me. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Wormwood also has no ley lines.

~ Josh
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Wormwood also has no ley lines.

~ Josh

Wormwood is a living being. it dosn't count :P

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Wormwood also has no ley lines.

~ Josh

But there are caves on Wormwood that have mystic energy equal to ley lines.

Also shouldn't this question be in the Rifts Dimensions section?
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

gadrin wrote:there'll be a moderator along any second now to lock this thread for copyright infringement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is funny, but, sadly, only because it's true. :P

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Wormwood is a living being. it dosn't count :P

For what was a hard and fast rule, the exceptions are coming on pretty quickly. :P :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

maasenstodt wrote:
gadrin wrote:there'll be a moderator along any second now to lock this thread for copyright infringement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is funny, but, sadly, only because it's true. :P

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Wormwood is a living being. it dosn't count :P

For what was a hard and fast rule, the exceptions are coming on pretty quickly. :P :D

"There is an exception to Every rule, including this one"

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lorkinas wrote:I dont see how this is copyright infrigment.
1. its a publication by palladium wich these boards belong to.
2. Its a question pertaining to material that is only present in the palladium books.
3. I am asking a legitimate question concerning a text written by the game designers of palladium.

I mean I am not asking questions about any other game, or trying to make a conversion from another system to the palladium system, the question is valid as far as I am concerned.

So Magic OCC/RCC could function normally while on seeron or any other of the worlds in that galaxy?
No no because I accidentally typed Spicers instead of Splicers which must be a game based on Dune. So the mod... you know a joke just isn't funny when it has to be explained. :nh: :D oh well.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Gadrin was just being facetious. :P

However, as Skraypers is a Dimension book...

This message has been moved to the Rifts Dimension Books Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dr. Hellstromme wrote:A few more things to clarify:

How long is a seeron year? (Its pretty far from the central star: about double of Earth-Sun distance)

Is it really that hot there? (if I'm not mistaken, 81 F = 27,2 C degrees. Higher annual average than anywhere in Europe)

its' easiest to assume it runs on some kind of "galatic standard" year.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”