Mutant bear that thinks he is a Jedi

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Mutant bear that thinks he is a Jedi

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

This is not a conversion, I just need help with a NPC I am working on. I have a character concept, it's the execution I am having a problem with. I want to create a mutant bear that has some psionic abilities similar to a Jedi. Maybe even some telekinitic powers. The thing being is he is totaly nuts, he actually believes he is impowered by the force. He even has a high tech energy sword that he wields.
I don't know maybe it's a dumb idea, I am just trying to come up with some fun NPC for a space based TMNT/ATB game. any help would be appreciated.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

might want to reword this a lil - even with your description I think any answers would be too close to a conversion.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

After the Rifts Jedi fiasco here awhile back you might wanna rephrase your question. The term similar is akin to same here (as opposed to say, some) when you wanna talk Jedi. I'm sure once a mod sees this ('cause someone will feel obligated to report it) they can better explain what happened and why Palladium doesn't like this...'cause an explanation would be alot nicer than simply locking your thread and not telling you why.

Anyways...what about just giving him a mental disorder wherein he thinks he's a Jedi endowed with the powers from the movie? I have an idea of what psionics I would use for a Jedi...but to post it falls into the grey area of conversions I believe.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

11.) he searches for the holy movie.....the Star Wars holiday special. only an offical copy will do, especially if signed. the rest of the party should gag at the thought, as he WILL make them watch it if found.

:)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Lynx8882 wrote:ok i dont want to get into conversion but i can give you roleplaying tips that will really put forth that this character is insane

1 - He should be carrying the movies on him and constantly getting people to watch them under the guise of hes trying to teach them about the Force and watching the movies is part of the lesson

2 - if you decide to not give him Psi powers he should always attempt to use mind tricks anyways (example- "You will let us pass" "What did you just say?" **waves his hand** "I said you will let us pass" **gaurds lift their guns with a look of confusion on their face**)

3 - he should always be talking about his old battles against the empire/republic/yusongvong etc

4 - on down time he should pick up a stick and do some sort of sword kata while making the sound that lightsabers make when he swings the sword

5 - when trying to convience another player o do something it should go like this "Just belive in the Force and you can do it"

6 - if ever he encounters small furry mammels he should call them ewoks even if it offends them

7 - constant statments of "If i only had my lightsaber"

8 - when he witness an evil act its the darksides influence

9 - since its a bear whenever he gets wet he should say something like "now i know how a wet wookie feels"

10 - characters from the movies are real people to him and he should be offended if anyone says otherwise these are his old friends after all

Lynx

glitterboy2098 wrote:11.) he searches for the holy movie.....the Star Wars holiday special. only an offical copy will do, especially if signed. the rest of the party should gag at the thought, as he WILL make them watch it if found.

:)

That actually sounds like one of our players, he's even got the whole "wants to be Jedi when he grows up" attitude thing going. He also tries to make such character in every game he plays, with usually hilarious (for us), or catastrophic campaing results.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:I'd believe a bear who thinks that he's a wookiee...
but a jedi???
Sure, why not.

Why couldn't he be both?

I played a Jawa Dark Jedi once...it was awesome. Most fun I've had in a Star Wars game probably ever.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”