Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KLM
Knight

Dragon/Draygon

Unread post by KLM »

I was skimming the HU:Galaxy Guide when I encountered the
Dragon "medium interceptor" (ie. heavy fighter), with a mysterious
maufacturer.

Now, there is a Draygon Industries in the Three Galaxies...

Hint, hint... Any ideas?

Even insider info? (Mr Gleba...?)

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I am unable to confirm or deny that "Megaversal Coincidence" :D

I can spoil it for you if you want the truth?

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:I am unable to confirm or deny that "Megaversal Coincidence" :D

Carl

BTW Mr. Gleba, I am itching to see your minion war series.
Can't promise I'll buy the whole set, but I at least intend to grab a couple of 'em. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Carl Gleba wrote:I am unable to confirm or deny that "Megaversal Coincidence" :D

Carl

Spoil freely - even if via private messages only.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Yeah, spoil it for me too. (Even in private).

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Carl Gleba

DhAkael wrote:

Carl

Can't promise I'll buy the whole set, but I at least intend to grab a couple of 'em. :D

//Waves hand like a jedi// But you do want the whole series, yes you do!

:D
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Don't scroll down for those who don't want to know

Sorry guys no connection. I wasn't even aware of it until you pointed it out. Nothing says they can't be so you can still do what you want in your own games.

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Carl Gleba wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Carl

Can't get it if you don't finish writing it :P
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Marrowlight wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
DhAkael wrote:

Carl

Can't get it if you don't finish writing it :P

Ugh!
That reminds me...have to finsish my 'fic' for the Rifter :P
Bloody 'ell, it's taking forever to get the 'flow' of the narrative going!
'least I don't have my main protagonist doing "Mary Sue" or Buffy the vampire Lay..err..SLAYer anymore... Yeesh that was some bad writing!
I blame TV for my ills :frust: ;) :nuke: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Carl Gleba wrote:Sorry guys no connection. I wasn't even aware of it until you pointed it out. Nothing says they can't be so you can still do what you want in your own games.

Carl

And after all, I can throw out anything from cannon, I will not
see big, stinky hitonis "persuading" me to do otherwise... :D

That said, I still really appreciate your reaction.
Honest.

Adios
KLM
- Terry Prachett

Carl Gleba

KLM, I totally agree. I'm a firm believer in keeping what you like and tossing the rest...for gaming. For writing I am more mindful of cannon and don't try to rewrite the Megaverse as I see fit. Kevin would toss me out on my ear :D

Enjoy :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:KLM, I totally agree. I'm a firm believer in keeping what you like and tossing the rest...for gaming. For writing I am more mindful of cannon and don't try to rewrite the Megaverse as I see fit. Kevin would toss me out on my ear :D

Enjoy :ok:

Carl

I think you should hit the gym a lil more and toss him out then! Hostile takeover time! :D

So which of the five books are you up to btw? Still on the third or are you working on the fourth now?

Carl Gleba

I'm still heavily into the Third Book. Its nice to be back to Phase World. I forgot how much I missed the setting and I find it very easy to write for. The thing is I write part time. What most people don't realize is that I have a full time job :x Plus I work as a pseudo software developer/tester so I stare at a PC all day and don't really want to look at one when I get home unless its to play Command and Conquer :D

I hope to be done by the end of May or maybe before the open house. It depends on where I'm at and how bad I have to go back and edit my work. I'm actually taking a break now from writing which is what I've been doing for the last three hours.

I tell ya, books are a very rewarding thing to have published, but they take a lot to put together.

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:I'm still heavily into the Third Book. Its nice to be back to Phase World. I forgot how much I missed the setting and I find it very easy to write for. The thing is I write part time. What most people don't realize is that I have a full time job :x Plus I work as a pseudo software developer/tester so I stare at a PC all day and don't really want to look at one when I get home unless its to play Command and Conquer :D

I hope to be done by the end of May or maybe before the open house. It depends on where I'm at and how bad I have to go back and edit my work. I'm actually taking a break now from writing which is what I've been doing for the last three hours.

I tell ya, books are a very rewarding thing to have published, but they take a lot to put together.

Carl

I figure you all have full time jobs - else you'd be pushing for a better title than 'freelancer'. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I'd offer to help if I could, but hey - I know you guys like to keep it close to the chest and I understand that.

And by May do you mean May for book 5 or May for book 3? I assume book 3 which breaks my heart...I was hoping to see all these by the end of the year.

Either way though, good luck - and just say no to Command and Conquer else I'll track you down and break your video card. :D

Carl Gleba

Marrowlight wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:I'm still heavily into the Third Book. Its nice to be back to Phase World. I forgot how much I missed the setting and I find it very easy to write for. The thing is I write part time. What most people don't realize is that I have a full time job :x Plus I work as a pseudo software developer/tester so I stare at a PC all day and don't really want to look at one when I get home unless its to play Command and Conquer :D

Carl

I figure you all have full time jobs - else you'd be pushing for a better title than 'freelancer'. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I'd offer to help if I could, but hey - I know you guys like to keep it close to the chest and I understand that.

And by May do you mean May for book 5 or May for book 3? I assume book 3 which breaks my heart...I was hoping to see all these by the end of the year.

Either way though, good luck - and just say no to Command and Conquer else I'll track you down and break your video card. :D

Sorry bud its book Three :) Book four may take till the end of the year. I have a lot to read just so I'm up to date with the latest for HU2. I have to be true to those fans which is why I will be getting some input from Carmen. I'm typing as fast as I can. Even on lunch at work. I bring my lap top just about everywhere.

I'm trying to make all of them 160 page books. Its easy to do the 96 page source books, but I think they all deserves a full book each.

And stay away from my video card, otherwise I'll just switch to another game on the PS2 :D

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:
And stay away from my video card, otherwise I'll just switch to another game on the PS2 :D

Carl

Feel free, that'll break itself. :D

And boo at a 2007 release dates. I hope you're at least going to sweet talk Kev into releasing the first couple before they're all turned in (I Seem to recall him saying once he didn't want to release any of them till they were all at some stage of development)

Carl Gleba

Check the press releases. I think its this summer! At least thats according to the press release. Maybe July I think.

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight

Carl Gleba wrote:Check the press releases. I think its this summer! At least thats according to the press release. Maybe July I think.

Carl

We all know the rule about Press Releases mate (even if this has been a good year for them /knocks on wood) and I'd hate for you to have to redo your cool sig banner.

OK, enough distractions - enjoy the rest of your break and then get back to work. I want 5000 words on the Kreeghor Deevil worshipping Murder Cults by sunup! :D

Carl Gleba

I hope it accurate Marrowlight. Its been too long since I've had a book published and I want to see them just as bad as you guys/gals.

Thanks Lynx8882. I'll meet you at the Palladium offices :D Does that include me since I have to finish writing them :?:

Well darkmax, the Minion War is actually mentioned in a Palladium Fantasy book, specifically the Land of the Damned. Demons and Deevils have long been enemies and for as long as time they have always tried to undermine the other and sabotage their efforts. Well the head demon, Modeus has also had a long obsession with going to war against the deevils.

Book 1 is all about the dimension of Hades and how the demons are preparing for war. Nuff said there almost gave away too much. Needless to say all of Hades is mapped and detailed with a ton of NPC demons and a little on the demons plus a few new ones.

Book 2 is on Dyval of course. Dyval is the center of the book and is mapped and explored with a host of surprises that I hope every one will like. It kind of mirrors Hades in regards to the war.

I'm going to hold off on the rest until I see more info on the books from Kevin. Lets just say its WAR on a Megaversal scale. I know some folks will like the meta-plot and other's won't. I just figured Hades and Dyval would be pretty boring without any underlying plot.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Lynx8882 wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:Thanks Lynx8882. I'll meet you at the Palladium offices :D Does that include me since I have to finish writing them :?:

Carl

Does that mean were going to threaten Kevin, Alex, and Wayne with a tattoo to get the books out faster? :? or is that just where we start the rampage from?

Lynx

Yeah we'll start with that crew and work our way to the printers :lol:

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:I hope it accurate Marrowlight. Its been too long since I've had a book published and I want to see them just as bad as you guys/gals.

Thanks Lynx8882. I'll meet you at the Palladium offices :D Does that include me since I have to finish writing them :?:

Well darkmax, the Minion War is actually mentioned in a Palladium Fantasy book, specifically the Land of the Damned. Demons and Deevils have long been enemies and for as long as time they have always tried to undermine the other and sabotage their efforts. Well the head demon, Modeus has also had a long obsession with going to war against the deevils.

Book 1 is all about the dimension of Hades and how the demons are preparing for war. Nuff said there almost gave away too much. Needless to say all of Hades is mapped and detailed with a ton of NPC demons and a little on the demons plus a few new ones.

Book 2 is on Dyval of course. Dyval is the center of the book and is mapped and explored with a host of surprises that I hope every one will like. It kind of mirrors Hades in regards to the war.

I'm going to hold off on the rest until I see more info on the books from Kevin. Lets just say its WAR on a Megaversal scale. I know some folks will like the meta-plot and other's won't. I just figured Hades and Dyval would be pretty boring without any underlying plot.

Carl

Unlike that travesty that was the 'Siege of Tokien'. THIS meta-plot is actualy worthwhile souding :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Carl Gleba

DhAkael wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:I hope it accurate Marrowlight. Its been too long since I've had a book published and I want to see them just as bad as you guys/gals.

Carl

Unlike that travesty that was the 'Siege of Tokien'. THIS meta-plot is actualy worthwhile souding :D

No the pressure is on :eek:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Lynx8882 wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:Thanks Lynx8882. I'll meet you at the Palladium offices :D Does that include me since I have to finish writing them :?:

Carl

Does that mean were going to threaten Kevin, Alex, and Wayne with a tattoo to get the books out faster? :? or is that just where we start the rampage from?

Lynx

Yeah we'll start with that crew and work our way to the printers :lol:

Carl

Sounds like a great start :ok:

Lynx

I love it when a plan comes together :-D

Can anyone gues that phrase?

Carl
ImageImage
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Lynx8882 wrote:For some reason i want to say Dr Who but that doesnt sound just right :?

Lynx

Dude, you just lost Geek Points.
Colonel Hannibal Smith from A-Team. :thwak: :nh:
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Marrowlight
Knight

Lynx8882 wrote:i dont even think i have geek points does this put me in the negative now? can you have negative geek points?

Lynx

Yes you can you lil puddy tat ;)

Carl Gleba

I pitty the fool who don't like the A-Team :D Just joking Lynx :)

Those are fond memories from my childhood.

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

darkmax wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:I pitty the fool who don't like the A-Team :D Just joking Lynx :)

Those are fond memories from my childhood.

Carl

I liked A-Team..... and Air Wolf, Battlestar Galactica (the original), Twilight Zone, etc.... boy! I'm feeling obsolete as the list goes on.

Ugh... Feeling REALLY old here...
I remember the 1970's TV version of the Hardy Boys...and Charlies Angels back when they were first-run on NBC. Where's my walker & hearing aid?

Leaves of the lotus rise

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”