Are these ALL the North America books?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Are these ALL the North America books?

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

MWGemini wrote:
I know Triax is not, but figured that a lot of the tech in that book is common in NA, so I added it to my list.

It isn't. In fact, I think it's in Aftermath(?), Triax products are no longer sold in NA at all.

Prior to that, only the stuff that was in Sourcebook 1 should be available to a NA campaign.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Unread post by Chuck McDaniel »

Worldbook 5 and Scourcebook 3 aren't based in NA. It's Germany/Austria/Poland area. Other than that yes I believe you have them all.

The Dinosaur and Madhaven books are pretty good and flesh out the Eastcoast very well IMO.

The Coalition Wars series is great and opens a lot of gaming possibilities in NA. So do the Merc. books.

Chuck
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
MWGemini wrote:

I know Triax is not, but figured that a lot of the tech in that book is common in NA, so I added it to my list.

It isn't. In fact, I think it's in Aftermath(?), Triax products are no longer sold in NA at all.

Prior to that, only the stuff that was in Sourcebook 1 should be available to a NA campaign.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree Fireblade. Scourcebooks 2 & 4 are Mechanoids and The Coalition Navy, respectively. Both of which are based in NA.
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Chuck McDaniel wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:
MWGemini wrote:

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree Fireblade. Scourcebooks 2 & 4 are Mechanoids and The Coalition Navy, respectively. Both of which are based in NA.

Sorry I guess I should have been more clear: Only the Triax stuff found in Sourcebook 1 should have been 'commonly' available in North America.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Sorry misunderstood :oops: .

Chuck
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

MWGemini wrote:So just to clarify, before the end of the Coalition War, the only Triax tech available in NA is what is in sourcebook 1, and now (after the war), nothing new is being imported, so the SB1 stuff is still available if it was already here, but because of this, is rarer now than before?

Thanks,

Mike

Right - Again I think it's in Aftermath where the CS bans Triax imports from coming into North America. On the other hand this may have just been for the Tolkeen War, I honestly can't recall for sure on that point.

Chuck - NP at all.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

I believe Free Quebec is still doing business with Triax IIRC. I know Triax cut off shipments to NA while war was looming on the horizon between the CS and Free Quebec. I could be wrong though.

Chuck
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

MWGemini wrote:Anyone have any experience with the Dinosaur...books?

A little. :wink:

If you ever wanted to have an adventure where a t-rex is stomping over Harrelson Hall they are a must buy.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

MWGemini wrote::lol:

Something tells me you are either a UNC fan, or a current/former NCSU student who doesn't much like math/statistics :wink:.

Mike

NCSU English/Geology, with more paleo than hard rock thrown into that curriculum. I had more than just calculus up in that Brickyard eyesore. I had a few history and foreign language classes in there, too. Although laying waste to the Maple lab wouldn't hurt my feelings at all! The spiral ramp alone is worth its destruction. :D
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

i just love the dinosaur swamp book i got. it came in my grab bag last year all pretty and autographed and brimming with stuff that made my head spin with camPAIN (misspelling intentional) ideas. my only beef with it was that my home in south florida is underwater and there was not even a hint about the myth of the foutain of youth. o well its still an awesome book.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

MWGemini wrote:I'm a computer science/computer engineering/applied mathematics triple major, so I spend a fair amount of time there, and don't have any complaints beyond the small size of the hallways.

So far, I have ordered:

Rifts main book,
Rifts Worldbooks 1,2,4,5,10,11,13,20,22,23
Rifts Game master Guide

Still a long ways to go, but not a bad start.

Mike

Wow, now that's a sizeable order. That has to be at least three grab bags worth of stuff.

Oh and welcome to the boards :ok:

When you get board with North America, don't forget there is the Megaverse to explore :)

Carl
ImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Carl Gleba wrote:When you get board with North America, don't forget there is the Megaverse to explore :)

Carl

Hmmm...

Judging by your post, it sounds like you would enjoy Carl Gleba's Megaverse Builder.

:P

~ Josh
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

MWGemini wrote:I'm a computer science/computer engineering/applied mathematics triple major, so I spend a fair amount of time there, and don't have any complaints beyond the small size of the hallways.

Better you than me. :wink: I spend most of my time between Winston, Caldwell, and Poe interestingly enough, and don't get over towards the DH Hill side of campus anymore.

finn69 wrote:there was not even a hint about the myth of the foutain of youth.

Page 142 of Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp has a HL&S adventure centered on the Fountain of Youth. It was one of the concepts that I explored back with I was noting out the original book, and thought would work best as remaining a mystery for the player characters to discover on their own. I am glad that you otherwise liked the book!
Carl Gleba

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:When you get board with North America, don't forget there is the Megaverse to explore :)

Carl

Hmmm...

Judging by your post, it sounds like you would enjoy Carl Gleba's Megaverse Builder.

:P

~ Josh

That book was crap! I much prefer Three Galaxies :D
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

Lord_Coake

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the pic in your sig :ok:

I love our troops :heart: :love:

Now that is awesome you mind if I send it to a few people?

Carl
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Triax products are no longer sold in NA at all.

Ah my friend. TRIAX employs some of the best business strategists this side of Naruni. You just need to know where to look. :-D

The CS shut down Triax imports, but they are far from unavailable.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Ah my friend. TRIAX employs some of the best business strategists this side of Naruni. You just need to know where to look. :-D

hmmm, somthing we can expect in triax 2 perhaps? btw GET BACK TO WORK ON TRIAX 2!
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

I'm working on it.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Well I didn't say unavailable. :P
The Galactus Kid

touche

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Well I knew I read this somewhere, so here it is, just in case anyone thought I was crazy:

RUE, Page 30:
As part of the New German Republic's trade agreement with the Coalition States, the import of its superior armaments has been suspende, making triax weaponry rare in North America.
The Galactus Kid

there are also quips in Aftermath which are quite important (i.e. business reports of Northern Gun etc.)

Return to “Rifts®”