GMs you MUST play with

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

GMs you MUST play with

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Here's my list of "musts," in no particular order.

Gideon. Jason is a born story-teller and his games are always a hoot. He knows how to write a good story setup with good characters that all equal a really good time.

Levi Johnstone. Run in one of Levi's fantasy games as soon as you get a chance. His games provide cool themes with good characters that are easy to make your own, and the game is LOADED with options. Just because there is some specific weapon or item or something doesn't mean you'll be railroaded into using it; the players really have a shot at doing whatever they want, however they want, and Levi will be ready for it.

Reelman. Jim puts together great games with a lot of awesome models/props/sets for characters to run around on. Watching him show up to set up a game is crazy... he has this huge trunk he carries around with him. Awesome stuff.

Carmen. Everyone should get killed in one of Carmen's games. Seriously. It's a blast.

Kevin. I've never actually played in one of Kevin's games, but hope to at the Open House this year if I can manage it. He's a legend, obviously, so everyone should take the opportunity.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

I must concur with Jason on several of his picks in no order:

Gideon - I have had the privilege of playing in one of his games on 3 occasions now and everyone was awesome. His storytelling ability is top notch, his games are well paced, and involve all the players.

Carmen - What can I say he is a mad genius. He is without equal in running insanely large groups of players and keeping the story and players in the flow, you must get in one of his games and then DIE!

Julius - Get into one of his BTS or Heros games and you will not be disappointed. Be prepared to expect the unexpected and have a mind boggling experience.

Kevin - playing in one of his games is a must do for any true PB fan. His ability to run large groups and use of the cliff hanger is amazing. The man is a legend, nuff said!

Jason Richards - I have not had the privilege of playing in one of his games but we have run in the same room at cons and his players get their monies worth and then some. My wife played in one of his games at the Open house and was very impressed.

Gideon, Julius, and Carmen are not just great GMs but great players as well so if you get a chance to play in a game with them consider your self lucky to sit next to some of the finest roleplayers in gaming.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I heard NMI ran a 6+ hr long game @ the `06 Open House. Maybe he will do it again.

Also Reelman is a good GM.

And Shawn Hall ( he ran a last minute PFRPG game on saturday night with me, Midnght and two other gents.)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The Deific NMI wrote:I heard NMI ran a 6+ hr long game @ the `06 Open House. Maybe he will do it again.

You had to be told about that? :-?

~ Josh ( :P )
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:I heard NMI ran a 6+ hr long game @ the `06 Open House. Maybe he will do it again.

Yeah, he's not that observant.
The Phoenix is Coming!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Vinny wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

Nor are you. But every team needs their mascot. I guess that is why we keep you around. :)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

Nor are you. But every team needs their mascot. I guess that is why we keep you around. :)
So Vinny is Radio?

So I'm a developmentally challenge black man.
The Phoenix is Coming!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Gideon (Jason Marker) and Levi are absolutely rad. Fantastic storytellers to the extreme.

Personally, I don't even think I'm going to run games this year just so i cn play.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
So I'm a developmentally challenge black man.

Metaphorically speaking, yes. :P[/quote]

Something tells me that I'm not popular here either.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I recommend Levi big time. I also really enjoyed Randi Cartier's
Fantasy game, but for all considering - it can be difficult. She takes no prisoners.

I need to get into one of Gideon's game. I am making a vow to do just that this time around.

I also recommend to anyone to join a game inwhich I'm playing - we will prevail.

-Vek
"The last line was edited for modesty."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

The Deific NMI wrote:I heard NMI ran a 6+ hr long game @ the `06 Open House.

I heard NMI running a 6+ hr long game @ the '06 Open House (from Julius' table).

He was very enthusiastic!

But, seriously folks, it sounded like a blast.

Julius was a hoot, and Braden was awesome.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Jason Richards

The Galactus Kid wrote:Personally, I don't even think I'm going to run games this year just so i cn play.

I've considered this as well, though I'll probably run only one.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Xar wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:I heard NMI ran a 6+ hr long game @ the `06 Open House.

I heard NMI running a 6+ hr long game @ the '06 Open House (from Julius' table).

He was very enthusiastic!

But, seriously folks, it sounded like a blast.

Julius was a hoot, and Braden was awesome.
Thank you Xar!!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

No prob, man.

NMI in action!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Jason Richards wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Personally, I don't even think I'm going to run games this year just so i cn play.

You better run some Chaos Earth at the Open House or Diane will be angry :x
Jason Richards

Reelman wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

You better run some Chaos Earth at the Open House or Diane will be angry :x

If I run one, that will be it. Maybe a version of what I ran for her last year, except with actual characters generated and not made up on the spot. :)

MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I watched HolyOak running a game at the Ramada and it looked fun, he's a good GM.

..Julius is just plain awesome. And aside from the fact that he introduced Kev to RPG's, he looks cool in a Kimono.

..Carl's game rocked! He made a good diversity of characters to pick from, and the group was amazing in character.

..I'll have to take Xar's word on Braden's GMing, but I can say he writes one heck of an adventure. Xar ran it at CogCon in Roll a couple of months ago, and he was awesome, it was awesome, and the players were awesome.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Guess I better come up with something good then, eh?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

All the GM's from the `06 Open House were great. I would play in a game with any of them... including that NMI guy!!!

Return to “Palladium Open House”