Medic!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Re: Medic!

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

ISS Inspector B. Brother wrote:In my current game the group is a CS squad with a NPC Medic (using the CS Technical Officer OCC with Medic MOS). However, the standard equipment listed is pretty generic. So I have been looking through the medical equipment as described on pp. 263-264 of RUE. What do you think the CS would issue to a field medic as standard medical equipment?

Thanks in advance.

As a side question: Do you think the CS would put an additive in their medicine that would make it poisonous to non-humans?

First off Read:Force Recon Diary 1969 by Major Bruce H. Norton (Ret) for referance. the best information he was given was that he was not going to be treating patients long term. just long enough for them to survive untill dustoff.

secondly my firend Mark Cook came up with This. it's for a different game system but it's very accurate as to what one would find in a medical vehicle. A Former Trama Surgeon said the following about the page.
Ah Mark,

You came through where a lazy bastard such as myself would not (I knew someone would scream and do it for me!)

That page and the ajoining pages are pure sex on a stick. Thankyou deeply for your addition (although I would just 5x some of the disposable things like needles and stopcocks, since we use them up alot faster than you would expect.)

Thankyou, Danka, Hey yeah!

Public
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

For fun you could make the Medic a minor psychic with a couple powers from the Healing category.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Unread post by Chuck McDaniel »

okay this is all you need......

One bullet (for the grunt to bite on)

Whiskey (pain killer and antiseptic)

Now have the grunt bite the bullet, then pour two shots of whiskey (for your self and some on wound), then find a non-injured stop and break a bone there thus transferring the pain :clown:

Chuck
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Portable Bio-scan (this thing is awesome) 58lbs, RMKs (Lots of them.), IRMSS (each hold 48 surgical robot with 4 uses so a few of them as well) Comp-drug Dispenser, and lot of protein Healing Salves.. all are on page Pg 246-247 RMB
It the future isn't grand!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Chuck McDaniel wrote:okay this is all you need......

Now have the grunt bite the bullet, then pour two shots of whiskey (for your self and some on wound), then find a non-injured stop and break a bone there thus transferring the pain :clown:

Chuck

Golly, Chuck....you are a...great medic.... :shock:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Greyaxe wrote:

Chuck

Well, there's always the dark ages medicine. Namely, if you stub your toe, cut the foot off. If you have a headache, flu, ect, slice their wrist and bleed them. There was a medic in Louisburg that used to chop off hands for tooth aches....
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Prince Artemis wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:

Chuck

Well, there's always the dark ages medicine. Namely, if you stub your toe, cut the foot off. If you have a headache, flu, ect, slice their wrist and bleed them. There was a medic in Louisburg that used to chop off hands for tooth aches....
but I'll bet you forget all about that toothache after
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:

Chuck

but I'll bet you forget all about that toothache after

Well, I tehl ya thar sssooonnnyyy. That's how duh Corpsmen usta do us when I whas in da Marine Corps back in 19 and 94.

Anht we liked et. We felted privileged to 'ave gotten that. Up hill en duh snowz boff ways. Dats how John Wayne wooda wanted et.

ChucK :lol:
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Chuck,

Major Bruce H. Norton you are not. :-D
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Rockwolf66 wrote:Chuck,

Major Bruce H. Norton you are not. :-D

What? A Marine?

Yes sir I was. 0311

As for medic or John Wayne......

My dad was the Combat Medic and John Wayne is my alter ego.

MOUNT 'EM UP COWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Chuck
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Semisonic9 wrote:I think the Coalition and other tech-empires would definately try to steer minor, and especially major psionics with healing powers into these fields. The healing powers don't really require that much, or any Super powers to be effective, so Major psionics, especially, can be very capable.

~Semi

I agree; and, at least, get them some training in that area so, even if their MOS isn't Medic, they're competent at it when the drek starts flying.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”